There are 239 users in the forums

Kevin Kolb

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by mayo49:
I'd love it if we traded with Philly for Kolb.

Kolb is a product of Andy Reids system...... "fool gold"
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
and people call Alex Smith Capt Checkdown. has any pro-Kolb poster ever actually watched him play? Kevin Kolb also has one of the most inaccurate deep balls in the league.he is way overrated on this board. add to the fact the Philly wants at least a 1 and a 3 for him. no f**king way!
[ Edited by boast on Dec 16, 2010 at 9:42 AM ]
Originally posted by boast:
and people call Alex Smith Capt Checkdown. has any pro-Kolb poster ever actually watched him play? Kevin Kolb also has one of the most inaccurate deep balls in the league.he is way overrated on this board. add to the fact the Philly wants at least a 1 and a 3 for him. no f**king way!

I'm really starting to like the idea of trading for Kevin Kolb. I watched the short-cut version of their game against the Falcons just last night. The one thing I really like about him is his mechanics. On most occasions Kevin always set his feet before throwing a pass and rarely throws a pass off his back foot. Kolb threw a mixture of passes ranging from 0-7 yards, but he also completed passes in the 10-15 yard range.
[ Edited by TXNinerFan52 on Dec 16, 2010 at 11:23 AM ]
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TXNinerFan52:

I'm really starting to like the idea of trading for Kevin Kolb. I watched the short-cut version of their game against the Falcons just last night. The one thing I really like about him is his mechanics. On most occasions Kevin always set his feet before throwing a pass and rarely throws a pass off his back foot. Kolb threw a mixture of passes ranging from 0-7 yards, but he also completed passes in the 10-15 yard range.

Kolb has to be in a west coast system. If we retain Singletary or hir a coach that uses the Coryell offense then Kolb isn't a good fit.
Originally posted by Otter:
Originally posted by TXNinerFan52:

Kolb has to be in a west coast system. If we retain Singletary or hir a coach that uses the Coryell offense then Kolb isn't a good fit.

How do you know? He played in a spread in college.
I've seen a lot of people saying we should pick of Kolb, and I'm sitting here asking myself WHY?! Have you guys seen his career numbers on a VERRRRY GOOD Eagles team with a west coast guru as his coach? Enter Kevin Kolb; 18 games, 10 tds, 11 ints, 8 fumbles, 4 lost, 65% completion rate, 1,920 yards. His numbers are too close to Alex Smith's for comfort. This is Alex's stats from 06, his only full season; 58.1 completion rate 2,890 yards 16 tds 16 picks 10 fumbles, 5 lost. He also has the one one of the lowest quaterback ratings within the last 2mins of a quater.
he wouldn't last behind this o-line
that guy is overrated in terms of a 1st-rounder...would be another desperation-move by some zoners.
He would be far better than anything we have and probably the best option of anyone out there. I wouldnt give up our #1 though.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
a 1st & 3rd is what the Eagles want for him. you want to give up that much? i sure don't.

a 1st & 3rd is what the Eagles want for him. you want to give up that much? i sure don't.

a 1st and 3rd for an MVP calibur QB? sign me up. oops thought we were talkin about vick lol
[ Edited by hondakillerzx on Dec 17, 2010 at 3:16 PM ]
  • NickV
  • Veteran

I would do a 2nd. Or a 3rd with a player. Like Haralson.
i cant wait to see the idiotic team that caves into philly's demand for kolb, i just cant see a team giving up a 1st for kolb
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
i cant wait to see the idiotic team that caves into philly's demand for kolb, i just cant see a team giving up a 1st for kolb

f**k!!!
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

No one will. Which is why Philly said they want two 1sts, they dont want to move Kolb. Hes under contract for 1.3 mil and their starter is extremely injury prone. Would be dumb to dump him in that case.
Share 49ersWebzone