• boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by kstolai:
Damn Kolb lookoing real good!

are you kidding? Kolb sucks.

He shredded us and Atlanta. Didn't look so hot against Tennessee but didn't have his best weapon either.

He has more 300 yard games in 6 games than Alex has in 6 years.

Sometimes its hard for some to see that there are actually better QB's out there than Alex Smith.

now, now K. don't put words in my mouth. i've watched pretty much every Eagles game this season. imo, Kolb is no upgrade over Alex.

as for playing well without his best weapon, look at D Jacks stats when he does play with Kolb at QB. Kolb rarely can see open man down field. ask ANY Eagle fan. i know, most if not ALL my friends are Eagle fans. Kolb only shredded us because our D is atrocious this year.

Stop hating...he's better than all our QB's combined.

He shredded us and Atlanta. Didn't look so hot against Tennessee but didn't have his best weapon either.

Sometimes its hard for some to see that there are actually better QB's out there than Alex Smith.

now, now K. don't put words in my mouth. i've watched pretty much every Eagles game this season. imo, Kolb is no upgrade over Alex.

as for playing well without his best weapon, look at D Jacks stats when he does play with Kolb at QB. Kolb rarely can see open man down field. ask ANY Eagle fan. i know, most if not ALL my friends are Eagle fans. Kolb only shredded us because our D is atrocious this year.

C'mon boast, like Eagles fans are a rational fan base to use when evaluating any of their players.

You're right they haven't really connected this year but I think you're forgetting his 101 and 149 yard performances last season.

BTW We're 15th in the league in passing defense. We're average not atrocious. If Alex and our offense actually could score a point or 2 we would be fine right now.
What about Kolb, Troy Smith, and Draft pick ???
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

I guess that mean you wouldn't want Aaron Rodgers either?
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by 49er4life:

I guess that mean you wouldn't want Aaron Rodgers either?

did i say that? no. i did not.

McKchoke has more problems than the above graphic, though.
With Mike Vick playing like a pro bowler I expect him to resign with the Eagles next year that will leave Kolb out of the picture. If Kolb is not starting next year I expect him to be asking for a trade to get his opportunity somewhere else. I know this will be too much but I am willing to give a 1st rounder to him. Kolb are playing great when he was given the chances. I don't wanna develop a QB. I expect Kolb to have faster transition since we have great weapons and talents already like Gore, VD, and Crabs except for the O-line. I hope we get him I know Vikings will be all over Kolb especially with old man favre retiring.
why blow a 1st on Kolb? what has he done? Vick is the guy we should throw money at and draft a QB to develop behind him. maybe even Nate Davis or Troy could be that guy once we get a real OC in here with the new HC. i dont see what the love affair is with Kolb, he's decent but not worth a 1st.

kolb needs a good pocket to pass we havent had a decent pcket in more than 8 years no way he does good here
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Our #1 priority next year is to get Kolb. He'd look dandy in Niners uniform
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
why blow a 1st on Kolb? what has he done? Vick is the guy we should throw money at and draft a QB to develop behind him. maybe even Nate Davis or Troy could be that guy once we get a real OC in here with the new HC. i dont see what the love affair is with Kolb, he's decent but not worth a 1st.

I agree. Kolb does exactly what every QB with time and good receivers should do, make plays. My top 3 as far as QBs that could possibly be available are Michael Vick, David Garrad (a nice spot holder until our franchise QB is ready), and Ryan Fitzpatrick (playing pretty decent. If Buffalo drafts a QB, he could be available), and resigning Troy Smith.

We've seen bad QB play for so long that anyone looks good next to Alex Smith. Although that may be true, we need someone that actually has some track record of success in the league (Vick and to a lesser extent Garrad) or would come dirt cheap but can can get job done temporarily (Fitzpatrick and Troy Smith).
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

I agree. Kolb does exactly what every QB with time and good receivers should do, make plays. My top 3 as far as QBs that could possibly be available are Michael Vick, David Garrad (a nice spot holder until our franchise QB is ready), and Ryan Fitzpatrick (playing pretty decent. If Buffalo drafts a QB, he could be available), and resigning Troy Smith.

We've seen bad QB play for so long that anyone looks good next to Alex Smith. Although that may be true, we need someone that actually has some track record of success in the league (Vick and to a lesser extent Garrad) or would come dirt cheap but can can get job done temporarily (Fitzpatrick and Troy Smith).

Fitz would be cool.
When has Kolb ever been legit?
Share 49ersWebzone