Kevin Kolb

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by jreff22:
who is gonna back up Vick?

They like Kafka a lot, and they can also pick up a second tier veteran.

who exactly is 2nd tier...if Bulger is being sought after what is worse then him as a legit #2

Lets say David Carr gets released or Derek Anderson, shoot they could even pick up Troy Smith.

OMG

why not play the season with Kolb as the #2 then trade him when the season is over, they will still get draft picks and have decent insurance on Vick

Well wouldn't you do the same, if you could get a 1st or 2nd round pick for your back up QB wouldn't you make the trade?? If I had a Pro Bowl QB like Vick and a promising young back up like Mike Kafka, I would do it in a heartbeat.

We don't have that luxury.

teams will still pay that price when the season is over, I would hold onto him then trade his ass when the season is over...not right before it starts.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

who exactly is 2nd tier...if Bulger is being sought after what is worse then him as a legit #2

Lets say David Carr gets released or Derek Anderson, shoot they could even pick up Troy Smith.

OMG

why not play the season with Kolb as the #2 then trade him when the season is over, they will still get draft picks and have decent insurance on Vick

Well wouldn't you do the same, if you could get a 1st or 2nd round pick for your back up QB wouldn't you make the trade?? If I had a Pro Bowl QB like Vick and a promising young back up like Mike Kafka, I would do it in a heartbeat.

teams will still pay that price when the season is over, I would hold onto him then trade his ass when the season is over...not right before it starts.

I wouldn't be too sure of that. If teams struggle throughout the season and end up in a position to draft a top QB prospect, your price could very well drop. The price right now would be at its highest with the lockout shortening free agency, teams would pretty much be in desperate mode to get their players in camp for a short off-season. Remember OTA's and Mini-camps help get players acclimated to their new playbooks, training camp is for the plays, practice, chemistry and what not. But now with no OTA's and Mini-camps due to the lockout, it will be cramming time come July, more so with the rookies.
Originally posted by frenchmov:
god i hope the cards dont get kolb. he is so good. a fantastic 73 career qb rating and 3 career wins. KRS1 called them the favorite to win the division with kolb and i'm going to take it a step further: they are the favorites to win the superbowl.... for the next 10 years.

if the cards gave up 5 first round picks for kolb they would still be fleecing the eagles. teams should be lining up to get this guy. one time he had a 300 yard game against the chiefs. another time he threw like 4 picks to turn a close game into a blowout against the saints but they he racked up a bunch of garbage time yards later. he is the real deal holyfield. i once saw him throw a 30 yard TD pass to desean jackson. it was incredible.

as a niners fan i have to say i am terrified of kevin kolb. i pray to god every night that he is traded to an AFC team. even though he would obliterate us once every 4 years its better than getting 2 thrashings per year from the cards.

Sh#t. That blew my sarcasm meter. Now I have to buy a new one.

Like, I need a sarcasm meter!
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by okdkid:
@mattbarrows
Matt Barrows
RT @ProFootballTalk: Schefter: "All signs point" to Kolb joining Cardinals http://wp.me/p14QSB-xzw

Dear god please let this happen!! Kolb is a mediocre QB all the way around. Not a difference maker. Just a guy. This also means the top contender to be the leagues worst team, the Cardinals, are effectively exiting the Andrew Luck sweepstakes. Good day.

If Kolb joins the cards they will win the division. Book it

no way

worse career passser rating than alex in a better more stable system great coach great o line great WR

i highly doubt it
Yeah, Kolb is garbage

They won 6 games with the garbage they have now... With Peterson and Kolb they will win the division
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by okdkid:
@mattbarrows
Matt Barrows
RT @ProFootballTalk: Schefter: "All signs point" to Kolb joining Cardinals http://wp.me/p14QSB-xzw

Dear god please let this happen!! Kolb is a mediocre QB all the way around. Not a difference maker. Just a guy. This also means the top contender to be the leagues worst team, the Cardinals, are effectively exiting the Andrew Luck sweepstakes. Good day.

If Kolb joins the cards they will win the division. Book it

no way

worse career passser rating than alex in a better more stable system great coach great o line great WR

i highly doubt it
Yeah, Kolb is garbage

They won 6 games with the garbage they have now... With Peterson and Kolb they will win the division

they wont get that lucky this year team made so many mistakes against them it was ridiculous they wont get more than 2 wins without kolb 4 to 5 with kolb
We'll have to send our welcome party(Patrick Willis) to greet him when he joins the NFL West.

OMG

You trade him now why demand is high. Maybe this time next year half to the teams dying to get him have solved their qb problems. Maybe Kolb comes in for Vick and has a major injury. Maybe he comes in for 3/4 games and stinks up the joint. His trade value will diminish. And if Vick plays a full year then that would be a year of Kolb being forgotten and another hot back up stealing his trade value. Plus he'll be 28 next off season. One year closer to 30. Plus I'm sure Reid is confident in himself that he can coach up a guy to be a solid back up just like he did with Kolb.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by lamontb:

OMG

You trade him now why demand is high. Maybe this time next year half to the teams dying to get him have solved their qb problems. Maybe Kolb comes in for Vick and has a major injury. Maybe he comes in for 3/4 games and stinks up the joint. His trade value will diminish. And if Vick plays a full year then that would be a year of Kolb being forgotten and another hot back up stealing his trade value. Plus he'll be 28 next off season. One year closer to 30. Plus I'm sure Reid is confident in himself that he can coach up a guy to be a solid back up just like he did with Kolb.

Agreed, trade when demand is HIGH.

In the 08' offseason there were rumors that Daniel Snyder and the Skins offered 2 first rounders (#21 in 2008 and what would have been #13 in 2009) to Cincy for OchoCinco. I bet Cincy wishes now that they had pulled that trigger. Cincy wouldn't even get a first for Chad right now.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by lamontb:

OMG

Agreed, trade when demand is HIGH.

In the 08' offseason there were rumors that Daniel Snyder and the Skins offered 2 first rounders (#21 in 2008 and what would have been #13 in 2009) to Cincy for OchoCinco. I bet Cincy wishes now that they had pulled that trigger. Cincy wouldn't even get a first for Chad right now.

Exactly. In the NFL it only takes one season to dramatically decrease your value.

We do have the luxury of bidding up the Cards cost. Cardinals have to get a FA QB don't they? It wouldn't hurt us to snag an FA to add to QB competition or the very least bid until Cards overpay (toss in Seahawks if they lose Hasslebeck).

We do have the luxury of bidding up the Cards cost. Cardinals have to get a FA QB don't they? It wouldn't hurt us to snag an FA to add to QB competition or the very least bid until Cards overpay (toss in Seahawks if they lose Hasslebeck).

(and struggling way too much on simple "markup")
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by OldJoe:

(and struggling way too much on simple "markup")

Aah good call on that OldJoe.
I'm going to be pissed if the Cardinals nab Peterson in the draft, trade for Kolb, and sign Manny Lawson who produces a 10+ sack season and they go to the playoffs.
Originally posted by Youngone:
I'm going to be pissed if the Cardinals nab Peterson in the draft, trade for Kolb, and sign Manny Lawson who produces a 10+ sack season and they go to the playoffs.

yeah, why do we always miss on the greats? donovan mcnabb last year, kory sheets, nate davis and all the other great players that went elsewhere and dominated.

close up shop if the cards get kolb. they already have the best defense in the league now with peterson and you add a hall of famer (kolb) to the mix and we are going to continue our decade long dark period.

y did u let this happen york
Originally posted by Youngone:

Manny Lawson, 10 + sacks??