There are 140 users in the forums

Who's worried about the pending uncapped year?

Shop 49ers game tickets
I for one am. If the NFL turns to no cap, then you can expect the cowboys and the redskins to spend the most. Now, i know that doesn't necessarily translate to wins, but i can see it now the cowboys and redskins will be the new Yankees.

Buying up all the big names year after year and have an all-pro at damn near every position.
I said this in this thread. http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=129397

Quote:
it was reported that if no agreement was reached before march 2010, there woulndt be a cap ever again, but i dont buy that, i see a cap after 2010 if there is a uncapped yr, it makes sense, cause of the fact that it creates so much equal competition, we need a cap in the NFL, or like u said, teams like Dallas, Washington, etc... will spend, spend and spend like crazy.
Look at all the new rules that are going to go into effect that will severely limit what teams can do by significantly reducing the FA pool.

I like the way Pat Kirwan put it in a recent chat on NFL.com:

Question: No salary cap in 2010, is Jerry Jones going to ruin the NFL?

Answer: He won't be able to. And the reasons are as follows:

The restricted free agency will be expanded to six years of service and will reduce the free agent pool by 100s. Every team will be able to have three tags (franchise, transition) instead of 1, which will reduce the free agents another 50 or so. And then there are restrictions on the top eight teams, which may or may not apply to him. Sorry, Jerry.

[ Edited by PA9erFaithful on Sep 8, 2009 at 08:06:24 ]
Al Davis is pretty free with his money too and theyre bottom feeders right now, i would expect them to come up huge in an uncapped year
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Look at all the new rules that are going to go into effect that will severely limit what teams can do by significantly reducing the FA pool.

The restricted free agency will be expanded to six years of service and will reduce the free agent pool by 100s. Every team will be able to have three tags (franchise, transition) instead of 1, which will reduce the free agents another 50 or so. And then there are restrictions on the top eight teams, which may or may not apply to him. Sorry, Jerry.

you be correct, i forgot about that new rule, about the top 8 teams, but i really dont expect WSH, OAK, and even DAL being in the top 8 IMO. but thats me.
I sure hope it gets taken care of. I like the way the league is now! Except would like rookie cap.
With an uncapped year, we really see how Jed is as an owner. In the first couple of years we will see if he is more like his dad or like his uncle when it comes to spending and whether or not he cares about finances or about winning.
Man how things have changed Years ago the Niners would have been in the same sentence with those teams.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:

Interesting. That would definitely slow player movement down, but you still have to imagine that the teams with the big bucks will find a way to dominate. It sure would be great to have Eddie D back if the cap goes away.
I'm not worried, but if football becomes totally unbalanced because of different team budgets, I think it will obviously suck for most fans, except for those fans of the biggest market teams.

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Al Davis is pretty free with his money too and theyre bottom feeders right now, i would expect them to come up huge in an uncapped year

yeah but come on look at who he pays. it's not like he's getting the top Free agents
this my friends is why college football is better and will pass the nfl soon. soon is like 10 years. remember how damn close the nfl came to putting endorsements on the jeresys? hell they did it this year with the practice jeresys.
Originally posted by wailers15:
this my friends is why college football is better and will pass the nfl soon. soon is like 10 years. remember how damn close the nfl came to putting endorsements on the jeresys? hell they did it this year with the practice jeresys.

No playoff and too much politics in College
Originally posted by wailers15:

yeah but come on look at who he pays. it's not like he's getting the top Free agents

i dunno man, jeavon walker, that deangelo hall, seymour, didnt they sign gibril wilson too? he spends money, those are some pretty good players. and he knows he's getting old, i see the raiders making a big splash in an uncapped year, whether they have the coaches to win with the talent they acquire is another question

What happens when Al dies? Last pic of him I saw I thought he already had!! He just can't go on much longer
Share 49ersWebzone