There are 266 users in the forums

Raiders trade for Seymour

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Riot
  • Veteran
Just when I think Al Davis might have reined in his idiocy, he goes and does something like this.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by crzy:
Seymour will stay in Oakland, he won't get the same money elsewhere. The Raiders tend to overpay their players, just ask Tommy Kelly and DHB.

Even if he chooses not to sign a long term deal they can slap the tag on him and deal him. He'll be inclined to produce because it's a contract year so his trade value will still be good. If he signs long term they can use his notoriety and experience to help possibly lure a FA or 2 in the offseason and they go into the 2010 draft with their 1st so they can put more focus on the offense in the draft.

Honestly seems people are knocking on the deal just because it's the Raiders however if you look closely at it like I see you have, it's hard to see how this wasn't a good move by the Raiders FO. This move would have been great for us to make unfortunately Uncle Al beat everyone to the punch.

NE gets a sure top 5 pick for an aging player. NE owns the league once again. How do they do it?

The pick is in 2011 their is no telling if it will be a top 5 player.

Originally posted by NorCaL9er:
WOW...the raiders are trash! Richard Seymour is good but he has no one to help him on that d-line, not to mention he's going to a 4-3 scheme. The Pats just get richer with this move...

I addressed this a couple pages back, he has experience in the 4-3, he played it at Georgia and his first 2 years as a Patriot. He also shifted inside on nickel downs when they switched to the 3-4.

Up front on the line he also has Greg Ellis who is better suited for the 4-3 as well. When you add in Howard, Morrison and Aso in the back 7, they will have some great pieces to work with on D.

2011 will for sure be a top 5 player. Oakland sucks and they will continue to suck. No way they will be much better by 2011.

Really so they have no chance of improving over the next 2 years ? There is no chance they can get themselves outside of picking in the top 5 and even top 10 ? I didn't know you can see the future ?

Last I checked they still have some very talented football players and some with a lot of potential on that team and a chance to add more via the draft and FA between now and then.
LOL they're still going to be dead last vs. the run this year
what a dumb trade...

Raiders will never be good. its almost sad.
Originally posted by Eli_23:
what a dumb trade...

Raiders will never be good. its almost sad.

no it's not
So is seymour pulling a crabtree on them or will he ever show up?
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
So is seymour pulling a crabtree on them or will he ever show up?

seymour probably wont show up till the raiders give him the money hes looking for. seymour at this point of his career after having won what 3 sbs is now looking for the money even if he has to finish his career off in the black hole called oakland. this is just my speculation
Raiders have to be the dumbest ball club in sports, not just football. This was the worst move of the year.

Seymour is on his third contract and does not have much in the tank left.
He has played his whole career in a 3-4
His contract expires at the end of 2010. No extension in sight or new deal
Raiders give up a 2011 draft pick when by that time there will be a rookie salary cap.
Now he Seymour doesn't want to show up and play. Can you blame him?

Belichik I applaud you for making that poor excuse of an organization look more stupid. I know Northern California has good shi% but they're smoking on some serious dope in Oakland.
NE gets a sure top 5 pick for an aging player. NE owns the league once again. How do they do it?

This guy is a puppet master.

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Raiders have to be the dumbest ball club in sports, not just football. This was the worst move of the year.

Raiders give up a 2011 draft pick when by that time there will be a rookie salary cap.

Belichik I applaud you for making that poor excuse of an organization look more stupid. I know Northern California has good shi% but they're smoking on some serious dope in Oakland.

Fail.

First 2 years in the NFL and his college career at Georgia he played DT in a 4-3 not to mention he plays DT when the Pats are in their nickel or dime defense.

Fail.

First 2 years in the NFL and his college career at Georgia he played DT in a 4-3 not to mention he plays DT when the Pats are in their nickel or dime defense.

Okay maybe so. The guy is injury prone.

Fail.

he has played in 111 of a possible 128 games in his career that 14.625 games a season for the position he plays i think that is pretty good, i dont know if i would call him injury prone
Originally posted by valrod33:

Fail.

he has played in 111 of a possible 128 games in his career that 14.625 games a season for the position he plays i think that is pretty good, i dont know if i would call him injury prone

Then why would Belichik dump him right before the season starts. He will command more money than he's worth at this stage of his career. NE aint no dummies, unlike Oak giving up a first rounder.
Originally posted by valrod33:

Fail.

Then why would Belichik dump him right before the season starts. He will command more money than he's worth at this stage of his career. NE aint no dummies, unlike Oak giving up a first rounder.

thats why Belichik dumped him, not because he is injury prone, they have to sign wilfork still and i believe Brady is due for an extension soon, they cant afford all 3 of those gusy at the prices they will be commanding, so someone had to get the boot, and its not gonna be Brady and wilfork is younger
Share 49ersWebzone