LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 171 users in the forums

Okay, so if the cards were only 2 games better last year?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by BrodieFan:
Beanie Wells???!!!

Maybe you guys have forgotten, but Adrian Peterson was supposed to run wild on us as well. Patrick Willis had something to say about that on the field. I'm guessing he'll deal with Beanie the same way.

It kind of cracks me up the way some of you who are not too sure about how well some of our rooks are going to do are just sure Beanie Wells will run all over us; based on what exactly? How one of the best young running backs in the league did against us last year?

Yeah man. Beanie wells blows!
Originally posted by 5TIME49:
Beanie Wells???!!!

Maybe you guys have forgotten, but Adrian Peterson was supposed to run wild on us as well. Patrick Willis had something to say about that on the field. I'm guessing he'll deal with Beanie the same way.

It kind of cracks me up the way some of you who are not too sure about how well some of our rooks are going to do are just sure Beanie Wells will run all over us; based on what exactly? How one of the best young running backs in the league did against us last year?

Beanie Wells was an awesome runner in college. He's big and fast and, of course, he doesn't "blow." But, what he hasn't done yet is taken a snap in the pros. Do you think Beanie Wells can plow over Patrick Willis? I don't. If he can, he's going to have to prove it.
If you remeber the Cards were only 1 play better then the 49ers last year IN THE REGULAR SEASON. But they played great in the post season better then the 9ers could ever could. So it depends on which Card team shows up.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
What have they done to be better than us this year,
or what have we done to get significantly worst than last year?

Not sure if this is the right forum but I could see if they were like Seattle (missing an all pro QB last year, having him return this year). I just don't see the Cardinals as a power house team. I see them as a 9-7 team that got hot in the playoffs (shrugs). I trully do not see them as the NFC's version of the Pats or anything dominant, they can be beat!

Your Thoughts?
[ Edited by Norcal9erfan on Jul 10, 2009 at 1:52 PM ]
Beanie Wells???!!!

Beanie Wells was an awesome runner in college. He's big and fast and, of course, he doesn't "blow." But, what he hasn't done yet is taken a snap in the pros. Do you think Beanie Wells can plow over Patrick Willis? I don't. If he can, he's going to have to prove it.

We all know that he will take a hit from Willis and go out for the rest of the season because thats just how he is.
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
What have they done to be better than us this year,
or what have we done to get significantly worst than last year?

Not sure if this is the right forum but I could see if they were like Seattle (missing an all pro QB last year, having him return this year). I just don't see the Cardinals as a power house team. I see them as a 9-7 team that got hot in the playoffs (shrugs). I trully do not see them as the NFC's version of the Pats or anything dominant, they can be beat!

Your Thoughts?

Cardinal's pass rush >> Niners pass rush

Somebody with the stats help me out here - didn't the Niners have more sacks than the Cards last year?
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Beanie Wells???!!!

We all know that he will take a hit from Willis and go out for the rest of the season because thats just how he is.

Really ? So a kid who missed 3 games in 3 years of college will take one Willis hit and go our for the season ?
We definetley have a shot to win the NFC west and unseat the hawks and the tards, but we've recently found a way to lose when we were hyped up.

lets just keep this low profile and win games under the radar.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Beanie Wells???!!!

Really ? So a kid who missed 3 games in 3 years of college will take one Willis hit and go our for the season ?

Yes.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ether:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Beanie Wells???!!!

Yes.

I just looked up homer in the dictionary and this was the result I got :.

I just looked up humorless and this is what I got:

KRS-1

But honestly Wells is a rookie who hasn't stepped onto a field in pads yet. You guys seem to already assume he is going to be one of the top ten starting running backs in the NFL this year. He is just one late first round pick with potential.

Rashaun Woods was supposed to be decent too, I think he even did pretty good in college at a pretty good program(Oklahoma State University with 293 receptions, 4,414 yards and 42 touchdowns - all Big 12 records. He became the eighth player in NCAA Division 1-A annals to gain over 1,000 yards receiving in a season three times in a career.

I know it is easier to step in at running back than receiver, but my point is that potential isn't worth jack until you live up to it.
Originally posted by Dr_Gonzo:
I just looked up humorless and this is what I got:

KRS-1

You should get a new dictionary.
Share 49ersWebzone