LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

Jay Cutler?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by abowers1984:
WTF - this makes absolutely ZERO sense and I dont think that it can be true... But if it was - I'd give up basically our whole draft.

Dito

I question the football intelligence of anyone in this thread that doesn't think Cutler is a stud.
Originally posted by hec26:
Originally posted by YuNGbOn3:
i'd trade them a 3rd this year and 1st next year

i wont give up a 1st for no qb unless his name is peyton, tom, or carson

What about Drew? 5000+ yrds??
Originally posted by Slothrop:
Originally posted by 49erLifer:
I'll take Cutler's 54td's, 37 picks, 9000 yards and 62% completion percentage over Alex Smith's 19 td's, 31 picks, 4600 yards and 54% completion percentage any day of the week. As would all rational 49ers fans who don't have a crush on Alex.

It isn't fair to compare their numbers. It isn't telling either.

Right...because Alex didn't have the right coaching, because Alex had too many offensive coordinators, because Alex was hurt, because Alex didn't have the surrounding cast, because Alex had diaper rash when he was little, because Alex got yelled at by mean Mr. Nolan, because Alex is still young, because Alex is the second coming of Joe Montana but is just pretending to be Steve Dils to test our loyalty, because Alex had all the pressure of being the #1 pick in the draft, because Alex had to deal with tough questions from the media, because Alex just needs time to adjust to the speed of the game, because Alex didn't play in a pro style offense in college, because the Zone is mean to Alex, because Alex didn't get enough love as a child, because Alex broke up with his girlfriend, and is, like, TOTALLY heartbroken, because Alex's teammates aren't nice enough to him, because Alex is a sensitive young poet of the gridiron who's just misunderstood, because Alex had to worry about taking care of his family, because Alex had to have his family take care of him, because Alex is a Mormon and Mormons are discriminated against, because Alex is white and whites are discriminated against, because Alex is male and males are discriminated against, because Alex is a black albino and black albinos are discriminated against, because Alex has ADD, because Alex is too thoughtful, because Alex had to concentrate on fighting the evil Sauron, because Alex was busy preparing propaganda for the coming proletarian revolution, because Alex was busy editing his dialectical treatise on the hermeneutics of pocket presence in the age of Michael Vick, because Alex....

because Alex...

because Alex...

Sarcasm at it's Finest...
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
I'll take Cutler's 54td's, 37 picks, 9000 yards and 62% completion percentage over Alex Smith's 19 td's, 31 picks, 4600 yards and 54% completion percentage any day of the week. As would all rational 49ers fans who don't have a crush on Alex.

It isn't fair to compare their numbers. It isn't telling either.

Right...because Alex didn't have the right coaching, because Alex had too many offensive coordinators, because Alex was hurt, because Alex didn't have the surrounding cast, because Alex had diaper rash when he was little, because Alex got yelled at by mean Mr. Nolan, because Alex is still young, because Alex is the second coming of Joe Montana but is just pretending to be Steve Dils to test our loyalty, because Alex had all the pressure of being the #1 pick in the draft, because Alex had to deal with tough questions from the media, because Alex just needs time to adjust to the speed of the game, because Alex didn't play in a pro style offense in college, because the Zone is mean to Alex, because Alex didn't get enough love as a child, because Alex broke up with his girlfriend, and is, like, TOTALLY heartbroken, because Alex's teammates aren't nice enough to him, because Alex is a sensitive young poet of the gridiron who's just misunderstood, because Alex had to worry about taking care of his family, because Alex had to have his family take care of him, because Alex is a Mormon and Mormons are discriminated against, because Alex is white and whites are discriminated against, because Alex is male and males are discriminated against, because Alex is a black albino and black albinos are discriminated against, because Alex has ADD, because Alex is too thoughtful, because Alex had to concentrate on fighting the evil Sauron, because Alex was busy preparing propaganda for the coming proletarian revolution, because Alex was busy editing his dialectical treatise on the hermeneutics of pocket presence in the age of Michael Vick, because Alex....

because Alex...

because Alex...

This is classic, lol.
  • Money
He's not worth our 1st. Not the 10th pick. If we traded down and had a lower 1st rounder then maybe. Otherwise a second round pick.
sorry it was only a one time deal & detroit dropped the ball. if cutler was indeed on the market we should make a push for him. he's a stud! but we have nothing to trade for him
Originally posted by Binge:
If Mike Shanahan couldn't get Cutler to reach his potential why would we want him, we're not known for are "coaching up" skills.

Cutler is far from mobile and further from consistent.

I'm guessing you've never watched the Broncos play?
Anybody who is saying Alex is better than Cutler, in any way, shape, or form is drinking way too much kool-aid. Admit you have a man crush on him and stop making excuses for him.
All you Alex Smith fan boys, just stop already. I wanted/want him to be a winner as much as anyone else does. But face the FACTS, he is a BUST. I know he has played for a thousand different OCs, and Nolan threw him under the bus. And I'm well aware of the injuries he has suffered. I really hope he can turn things around and compete for a job in the future. That being said, anybody who would want Smith over Cutler is making that claim with their heart and not their brain.
Alex isn't even close to Jay's level right now. If the team was able to get Cutler, he would be an instant upgrade over Hill, and a HUGE upgrade over Smith.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Watchutalkinbout:
Originally posted by Binge:
If Mike Shanahan couldn't get Cutler to reach his potential why would we want him, we're not known for are "coaching up" skills.

Cutler is far from mobile and further from consistent.

I'm guessing you've never watched the Broncos play?

no kidding!

This is sooo frustrating. Its like telling a morron he just won a million dollars but he won't take it because of the taxes he'll have to pay on it.

CUTLER IS WORTH THE FIRST OVERALL PICK!
Go get Cutler if he's available. He would have more impact than any player we pick at 10.

McDaniels is a dumbass if he wants his own QB, that'd be like Caldwell trading Manning because he wants his own QB in his first year. The Broncos are idiots for dumping Shanahan, and even more retarded if they do this.

Question: What team had the worst choke-job in the history of the NFL last season? What QB was on that team?
Question: What team had the worst choke-job in the history of the NFL last season? What QB was on that team?

That was because they couldn't stop anyone dude... Did you see their D? It was trash. Their starting MLB Boss Bailey had microfracture surgery after tearing up his knee mid season, Champ Bailey only played 8 games, their pass rush was awful, they couldn't stop the run, and their 2ndary was banged up.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran

You were praising Shanahan, he was the coach of the biggest choke-job in history. but that doesn't matter does it. Its all Cutler's fault.
  • Extreme
  • Info N/A

If Alex Smith can restructure his deal and show that his arm is healthy, I like him more than Cutler. He is an intelligent decision maker and deserves a chance to show that he was worth the #1 pick.

How is Smith an intelligent decision maker? Just because he runs right and throws the ball away because he can't read the field?
  • NinerNZ
  • Info N/A
I agree . . . makes no sense.
The remotest rationale could have to do with McDaniels wanting his boy Cassel with him In Denver. I would much rather have Cutler than Cassel personally, but Cutler's diabetic condition might have factored into it also. I hear that it's a hair trigger thing. Anybody know?
In any event, now that Cassel is no longer available, I don't imagine he'd still be available.
Share 49ersWebzone