LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 135 users in the forums

Jay Cutler?

Shop 49ers game tickets
IF the broncos trade cutler, they are gonna want a qb who can't start now, I don't think Chris Simms is gonna be the starter, I think Cleveland makes the best trade partner for the broncos with Cleveland being able to give up Anderson or Quinn, I personally think Quinn would be the one sent to Denver.

Oh yeah I hope we don't get Cutler, too much of a drama queen baby cry, played like crap last 3 games of the year when they needed it, classic choke artist.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
http://cbs4denver.com/sports/cutler.nfl.broncos.2.958850.html

Cutler Tells Team To Trade Him

CBS4 has learned that disgruntled Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler is no longer in Denver and is done negotiating with the team. Cutler will not be attending Monday's voluntary team workout. Sources tell CBS4 he has told the Broncos to trade him.

Cutler and his agent met face-to-face with the Broncos Saturday where no progress was made between the quarterback and his new head coach.

Cutler recently put his house on the market. We're told that the timing of the sale is merely coincidence. Cutler had been planning to sell the house for several months.

CBS4 has also learned that tight end Tony Scheffler intends on skipping Monday's voluntary session.
I dont know, this play would do a lot for us. Cutler would definately benefit from having gore, and he's got some great wide outs with speed that denver could only dream of (besides Royal)

I think they treated him like he's worthless and he feels betrayed by that. I can totally understand his wanting to be traded. He threw 4,000 + yards last year...with a better team, he would have commanded a top tier salary....

This will be a steal..
Originally posted by valrod33:
IF the broncos trade cutler, they are gonna want a qb who can't start now, I don't think Chris Simms is gonna be the starter, I think Cleveland makes the best trade partner for the broncos with Cleveland being able to give up Anderson or Quinn, I personally think Quinn would be the one sent to Denver.

Oh yeah I hope we don't get Cutler, too much of a drama queen baby cry, played like crap last 3 games of the year when they needed it, classic choke artist.

Valrod,

I think we have seen what Singletary can do to a cry baby prima dona.

With Cutler's production, I would take him on my team in a HEARTBEAT! Cutler's antics don't scare me away; at least not with Singletary as our HC. Singletary has the stones to bench Cutler and put Hill/Smith in if he acts like a baby.

With Hill as our starter, no one is going to respect the pass. Sure Hill can make some nice throws over the middle of the field. He can read a defense very well. But when it comes time for him to throw the quick post for a first down, I guarantee every CB in the league will be jumping that route for an INT. Hill just doesn't have the arm strength.

That being said, I really like Hill. I think we can win games with him. I just don't think we can win a championship with him. And when all is said and done, that's what I really care about.

OH, I forgot to say that your idea of the Broncos trading with Denver is brilliant. I could see that happening. Got a disgruntled QB in Denver, and the new coaching staff in Cleveland is rumored to not be excited about Quinn, why not swap?Personally, if I were Denver I would be smooching up to Cutler and make him happy.

Do they REALLY want to see what its like to have a team without a top rated QB? Just take a look at our team. Makes all the difference when you have a QB that defenses have to respect.
[ Edited by DynastyPart2 on Mar 15, 2009 at 9:44 PM ]
Best thing the Niners could do is trade their 2nd round pick this year, maybe even a 2nd or 3rd next year for Cutler. Heck, if somehow the Broncos would take Smith (not likely I know) and this years 2nd rounder...that would be sweet! I do not look down on Cutler one bit for saying "Trade me!". When a new coach comes in, brand new to all of this and tries to trade you for another QB and you are young and just went to the Pro-Bowl...I would say the same thing. It was a stupid decision by McDaniels in doing that. You either get the deal done or you don't go anywhere near it. We are not talking about a Jeff Garcia, Kerry Collins type QB but we are talking about a young stud of a QB who just went to the Pro-Bowl! If the Niners can do this deal it would be AWESOME! I would also do whatever I could to get Holt here as well (if his knees are ok). A WR line of Holt, Bruce, Morgan, Jones and Hill is AWESOME!
I think the only way the Niners could get Cutler would be to trade the #10 pick in this years draft and probably a #2 next year. It is possible that Denver would do that and then pick Stafford or Sanchez with their pick and sign Jeff Garica for a year or 2 as their starter in 2009.

I'm not sure that wouldn't be a win-win for both teams. The Niners would get the stud QB that they have needed for years. The Broncos could draft a young QB to learn under a veteran QB like Garica. They would also get a valuable pick next year.

OK.. so here is my trade:
Niners trade #1 pick in 09 #6 pick in 09 and #2 pick in 2010 for Jay Cutler and Denver's #4 pick in 2009 draft. There is no way Denver trades the guy unless they get multiple picks and at least 1 #1 pick.
[ Edited by ninerfaninLA on Mar 15, 2009 at 11:28 PM ]
Do you think its really possible that we might get him? That would be the sh*t!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by pelos21:
Do you think its really possible that we might get him? That would be the sh*t!!!!!!!!!

Doubtful but you never know. If Cutler does force a trade Denver is going to have to look at a team that really needs a QB (such as the Niners) and has a high draft pick or QB to move back

If I was Minnesota I would make a huge push for the guy. I know they just got Rosenfels but Cutler could really give that team a shot to make the SB. I hope the Niners make that same push.
Originally posted by pelos21:

If this team is serious about winning now this should be a no brainer.
Guys can be traded for cheap if they want out bad enough.

T.O. for Brandon Whiting anyone?

Please lets just give them our 1st and next years 3rd and Alex Leaf and get this a done deal.
Originally posted by ReturnOfTheDon:
Please lets just give them our 1st and next years 3rd and Alex Leaf and get this a done deal.

I have this deal but with this years 3d round instead of next year. IMO they get the better deal but we can really upgrade the most important position with a young proven QB that will only get better.

That would go down as one of the worst trades in NFL history. We'd be on the "worst" side.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erLifer:

That would go down as one of the worst trades in NFL history. We'd be on the "worst" side.

Would you trade Alex Leaf for Cutler straight up?
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
I dont know, this play would do a lot for us. Cutler would definately benefit from having gore, and he's got some great wide outs with speed that denver could only dream of (besides Royal)

I think they treated him like he's worthless and he feels betrayed by that. I can totally understand his wanting to be traded. He threw 4,000 + yards last year...with a better team, he would have commanded a top tier salary....

This will be a steal..

I agree. If he comes over to SF he would be welcomed. We should should make a pitch at least. See what they want. (Draft pick?)
Share 49ersWebzone