There are 263 users in the forums

Jay Cutler?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ninerswin317:
Originally posted by 49erLifer:
Is Cutler as good of a decision maker as Alex?
-Yes
Originally posted by 49erLifer:
Is Cutler as mobile as Alex?
- Yes... The Broncos even ran the option a few times last year with Cutler. He is very mobile. He also is GREAT on throwing on the run/out of the pocket.

Rollout extremely deep throw: Oh, rollout to the LEFT!!!

We need a QB like this (pushed down a LB after LB pushes him): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf-e9VY8jJE&feature=related

Here's a full repertoire: Running, Throwing on the move, and throwing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvxRi2vJ8q8

I must mention that these highlights are not like Alex Smith highlights full of the same play 4 times over because of the lack of highlighted plays.
I want Jay Cutler, but the dude seems like such a huge whiney vagina. I've known less then a handful of girls who can act as babyish as he is right now.
[ Edited by Method on Mar 16, 2009 at 2:10 PM ]
Originally posted by Method:
I want Jay Cutler, but the dude seems like such a huge whiney vagina. I've known less then a handful of girls who can act as babyish as he is right now.

Love it.
Edited

a first and a outside linebacker...
[ Edited by Dajanksta on Mar 16, 2009 at 2:50 PM ]
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9340708/Six-teams-Broncos-should-start-calling?MSNHPHMA&From=MSNHP&FG=FOX_Pipe

any one see this article? It talks about possible teams for Cutler and what they would have to give up.

"San Francisco: As evidenced by the unsuccessful free-agent dalliance with Arizona's Kurt Warner, new 49ers head coach Mike Singletary isn't fully committed to Shaun Hill as his starting quarterback. The 49ers have the No. 10 overall selection, which would put Denver in striking distance for any quarterbacks that begin to slide. The Broncos also could demand one of San Francisco's outside linebackers (Parys Haralson or Manny Lawson) to seal the deal. Denver is shifting to a 3-4 defense under new coordinator Mike Nolan, who coached both players in San Francisco the past three seasons."

Yeah go to page 26 of this thread
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9340708/Six-teams-Broncos-should-start-calling?MSNHPHMA&From=MSNHP&FG=FOX_Pipe

any one see this article? It talks about possible teams for Cutler and what they would have to give up.

"San Francisco: As evidenced by the unsuccessful free-agent dalliance with Arizona's Kurt Warner, new 49ers head coach Mike Singletary isn't fully committed to Shaun Hill as his starting quarterback. The 49ers have the No. 10 overall selection, which would put Denver in striking distance for any quarterbacks that begin to slide. The Broncos also could demand one of San Francisco's outside linebackers (Parys Haralson or Manny Lawson) to seal the deal. Denver is shifting to a 3-4 defense under new coordinator Mike Nolan, who coached both players in San Francisco the past three seasons."

I like those guys but I would drop one of them in a heartbeat for a franchise QB.

Later Haralson!
Originally posted by Chief49er:
Originally posted by valrod33:

I like those guys but I would drop one of them in a heartbeat for a franchise QB.

Later Haralson!

Pull the trigger that would sure excellerate our rebuild we've been working on for about 8 years now.....
I don't think any asking price is too high for a young franchise QB. I'd give Manny and a 1st in a heartbeat. I love Manny and think he's gonna bounce back this year, but lets be realistic here...we're talking about Jay Cutler. I'm convinced that you guys who talk sh!t about this dude haven't seen him play. He's a gunslinger. Yes. That's what you want out of a young QB. You don't want a QB who's afraid to throw an INT (Smith). Anyway, I hope we're on the phone with them right now. If you can get Cassell for a 2nd, a 1st for Cutler sounds about right. Throw in another 1st day pick if you have to.
The last crumpacker article says we have very little interest. Why is this the case? We don't have a franchise QB and at the very least should reach out and take a look at what it might take.

I am beginning to think we have issues getting these big trades done. It didn't sound like we were involved at all with the Cassel trade. Trading him for a second rounder should have at least warranted some consideration. I don't know, maybe all of this is going on behind the scenes and we don't get to hear about it.
[ Edited by alburns on Mar 16, 2009 at 4:37 PM ]
  • MeddlingKid
  • Info N/A
This offseason has been a head scratcher so far. Our biggest needs: RT, DT, OLB, QB have all gone unfulfilled. While many of us aren't privy to the information that the front office is, I still can't understand why we would make KW a large offer yet not have interest in Jay Cutler.

The draft is coming, sure, but are we really expecting to get decent starters at all the above positions from rookies? I'm not sure what the front office is thinking, to be honest.

My proposal would be something like
Broncos get:
Haralson
1st-#10
2nd-#43
3rd-#74

49ers get:
Cutler
1st-#12
2nd-#48
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Broncos get:
Haralson
1st-#10
2nd-#43
3rd-#74

49ers get:
Cutler
1st-#12
2nd-#48

No way in hell.
Originally posted by LeathafaceUCSD:
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Broncos get:
Haralson
1st-#10
2nd-#43
3rd-#74

49ers get:
Cutler
1st-#12
2nd-#48

No way in hell.

thats what im saying

Unless we trade back, i don't see us trading for him
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
If I was Jed York this what I would say.

"I dont care what it costs, just make this f**king deal happen."
Originally posted by susweel:
If I was Jed York this what I would say.

"I dont care what it costs, just make this f**king deal happen."

But I mean come on
in his last 4 games he threw 4 TDs and 5 INTs
[ Edited by solidg2000 on Mar 16, 2009 at 8:33 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone