There are 144 users in the forums

Jay Cutler?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by redmanc07:
Since everyone seems to be in love with the "laser rocket arm" QB's go compare Cutlers games to Shaun Hills games. Someone posted it in a thread a while back and the numbers where very similar except for one differnce. TURNOVERS! The kid is color blind ive been to plenty of Bronco games since I live in Denver and Cutler hasnt even learned how 2 look the safety off. He stares down who hes throwing to almost rt off the snap. I wouldnt give up a 1st rd pick for this guy at all, QB isnt our biggest need Oline is. Unless we move Cutler to RT or NT let someone else take his turnovers

No kidding. Like I said from the get, Cutler is way overrated.
Originally posted by RKab:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by solidg2000:
cutler sucks ass, Smith beat him when Denver was win and in and lost to Smith. Cutler is the most overrated QB i've seen in a while. I'll pass on the choke job thank you very much

True that, please do not trade for cutler,

You guys are aware that there were 2 NFL seasons since then. And that was Cutler's 5th NFL game as the starter and since then he's become a pro bowl QB.

Since then Alex Smith has become the biggest bust in 49er history and has not been able to stay healthy enough to even get on the field while Cutler is a career 87.1 passer who threw for 4,500+ yards last year.

I'd give them whatever they want outside of a Herschel Walker deal to get Cutler and get a franchise QB.

Clayton on ESPN just said Cutler is very upset with McDaniels and that Denver is fielding calls from a number of teams and has to seriously consider trading Cutler.

Since Nolan is so good with QBs, I think they need a Mike Nolan-Jay Cutler sit down, that will guarantee he'll want to play somewhere else, lol.

Stats do not tell the whole story

but i'll keep it easy for you
If you are a top QB in this league
And I tell you, you need to just win one of three games to make the playoffs, you do it.
Jay Cutler's last 3 games
Loss 30-10
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80d4f066
Loss 30-23
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80d85132
Loss 52-21
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80db5cd6
great job pro bowler
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RKab:
Originally posted by valrod33:
cutler sucks ass, Smith beat him when Denver was win and in and lost to Smith. Cutler is the most overrated QB i've seen in a while. I'll pass on the choke job thank you very much

True that, please do not trade for cutler,

You guys are aware that there were 2 NFL seasons since then. And that was Cutler's 5th NFL game as the starter and since then he's become a pro bowl QB.

Since then Alex Smith has become the biggest bust in 49er history and has not been able to stay healthy enough to even get on the field while Cutler is a career 87.1 passer who threw for 4,500+ yards last year.

I'd give them whatever they want outside of a Herschel Walker deal to get Cutler and get a franchise QB.

Clayton on ESPN just said Cutler is very upset with McDaniels and that Denver is fielding calls from a number of teams and has to seriously consider trading Cutler.

Since Nolan is so good with QBs, I think they need a Mike Nolan-Jay Cutler sit down, that will guarantee he'll want to play somewhere else, lol.

Stats do not tell the whole story

but i'll keep it easy for you
If you are a top QB in this league
And I tell you, you need to just win one of three games to make the playoffs, you do it.
Jay Cutler's last 3 games
Loss 30-10
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80d4f066
Loss 30-23
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80d85132
Loss 52-21
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80db5cd6
great job pro bowler

Well his defense did give up an average of 37.33 points in those 3 games. Cutler and everyone knew their defense sucked so it put all the pressure on him, heck they barely had a running game (didn't like 5 or 6 of their RB's get injured last year?). He didnt play all that well but he was in a sucky situation.

Think of it like San Francisco Giants pitchers, they know they gotta pitch a pretty f**king good game if they want any hope of getting a W.
If San Fran could get Culter for a 2nd round pick...because Denver is hurting now that Cutler knows they were trying to trade him, that would be perfect! He is 25 and has done an outstanding job with a decent cast around him on offense and a terrible defense over the years. He would come here with a decent group of passing targets, a MUCH better running back situation and a MUCH better defense to back him up. This is a no brainer to me, we should make that trade in a heartbeat.
Originally posted by 49ersfan4life:
Well his defense did give up an average of 37.33 points in those 3 games. Cutler and everyone knew their defense sucked so it put all the pressure on him, heck they barely had a running game (didn't like 5 or 6 of their RB's get injured last year?). He didnt play all that well but he was in a sucky situation.

Think of it like San Francisco Giants pitchers, they know they gotta pitch a pretty f**king good game if they want any hope of getting a W.

Why are so many people making excuses for Cutler? He is overrated. He hasn't shown us anything. The praise he receives is undeserved.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erLifer:
Originally posted by 49ersfan4life:

Why are so many people making excuses for Cutler? He is overrated. He hasn't shown us anything. The praise he receives is undeserved.

87.1 career rating, 9000 yards in just over 2 seasons as a starter, 54 TD's to 37 INT's, 63% Completion Rate? Not too shabby plus the fact that he will get better and if he ever gets a defense that will give him a chance he will have success in this league.
I think what people get lost in is how good is Cutler overall? Is he one of the best QB's in the NFL? maybe not but is he better than Smith and Hill? hell yes he is. Smiths accuracy stinks and both of them don't throw a good deep ball, Cutler is good at both plain and simple. Does he throw interceptions? yes but all gunslinger QB's do. You would be a fool not to give a second round pick for Cutler, but that will never happen.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49Gorillas:
I think what people get lost in is how good is Cutler overall? Is he one of the best QB's in the NFL? maybe not but is he better than Smith and Hill? hell yes he is. Smiths accuracy stinks and both of them don't throw a good deep ball, Cutler is good at both plain and simple. Does he throw interceptions? yes but all gunslinger QB's do. You would be a fool not to give a second round pick for Cutler, but that will never happen.

I would give a 2nd round this year and a 3rd next year for Cutler in a heartbeat.
Stafford will be better than Cutler. He has the arm and a better attitude. Plus he doesn't have diabetes.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Stafford will be better than Cutler. He has the arm and a better attitude. Plus he doesn't have diabetes.

I would imagine Cutler is getting world class treatment for that, the only time that effected him was towards the end of the 2007 season before it was diagnosed. Can't imagine it having any effect on his playing now.

Originally posted by redmanc07:
Since everyone seems to be in love with the "laser rocket arm" QB's go compare Cutlers games to Shaun Hills games. Someone posted it in a thread a while back and the numbers where very similar except for one differnce. TURNOVERS! The kid is color blind ive been to plenty of Bronco games since I live in Denver and Cutler hasnt even learned how 2 look the safety off. He stares down who hes throwing to almost rt off the snap. I wouldnt give up a 1st rd pick for this guy at all, QB isnt our biggest need Oline is. Unless we move Cutler to RT or NT let someone else take his turnovers

No kidding. Like I said from the get, Cutler is way overrated.

Do you think a 29th ranked defense and the fact that Denver was down to their 6th string running back have any thing do to all those TO's.

I'm guessing yes. Cutler had to chuck it on every down and he did a d*mn good job at it earning himself a Pro Bowl slot. Anyone who would take Shaun Hill over Cutler nears to go to the nearest bridge and jump that or just become a Lions fan. Either way stay away from my football team.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Mar 1, 2009 at 08:54:10 ]
Cutler is a candy-@$$ who, apparently, isn't even well-regarded by his own current employer ... He would derail the real progress Singletary made the last part of the season. Besides, he doesn't fit well with the type ofball-control, power-run offense we seem to be building.
Originally posted by Kezarbred:
Cutler is a candy-@$$ who, apparently, isn't even well-regarded by his own current employer ... He would derail the real progress Singletary made the last part of the season. Besides, he doesn't fit well with the type ofball-control, power-run offense we seem to be building.

Calm down, you're jumping to conclusions here. His current employer is McDaniels, who wanted his OWN boy, Matt Cassell.

Now the trade backfired and it's CUTLER who wants out. McDaniels and the Broncos GM are trying to mend the relationship.
Originally posted by Brazillian49er:
Originally posted by Kezarbred:

Calm down, you're jumping to conclusions here. His current employer is McDaniels, who wanted his OWN boy, Matt Cassell.

Now the trade backfired and it's CUTLER who wants out. McDaniels and the Broncos GM are trying to mend the relationship.

It was an unbelievably dumb move on their behalf. If I was Denver's owner I'd fire their *sses. You can't destroy the relationship with your franchise QB. I'm sure when they came into the interviews they didn't sell their plan by running Cutler out of town.
1st rounder next year and 3rd this year
Share 49ersWebzone