There are 189 users in the forums

Jay Cutler?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49erLifer:
Originally posted by NorCaL9er:
Originally posted by SmithGore:
This was reported only 10 minutes ago. We could still have a chance.
ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports that Jay Cutler is still "not so sure" he'll be back with the Broncos after they shopped him around the league.
New coach Josh McDaniels is playing with fire. Losing the confidence of Cutler -- the most valuable player on Denver's roster -- could haunt the Broncos all offseason. There isn't a quarterback-needy team in the league that wouldn't want him and the Broncos' only other QB under contract is practice squader Darrell Hackney. McDaniels has some explaining to do.

I would give up anything short of my left leg to get this guy.

Brandon Marshall, the best WR in the league, is a lot better player than Cutler.

Puhleeese.... Lets see, Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson and Steve Smith are all better then Brandon Marshall.

I agree with Fitzgerald, maybe Andre Johnson -- no on Steve Smith.

LOL You JUST said that Brandon Marshall was the best WR in the league. That didn't take long for you to change your mind. Did you simply forget about Larry Fitzgerald? Andre Johnson is WAY better than Marshall and so is Steve Smith. I would also take Calvin Johnson and Anquin Boldin over him too.
JAY CUTLER HAS A LOSING RECORD AS QB...WAS PART OF THE WORST CHOKE
JOB IN HISTORY.. HE IS THE POOR MANS DAN MARINO I WANT WINNERS AND RIGHT NOW SHAUN HILL HAS A WINNING RECORD WITH FAR LESS TALENT THAN GAY CUTLER HAD
Originally posted by valrod33:
JOB IN HISTORY.. HE IS THE POOR MANS DAN MARINO I WANT WINNERS AND RIGHT NOW SHAUN HILL HAS A WINNING RECORD WITH FAR LESS TALENT THAN GAY CUTLER HAD

DUDE HE WAS LIKE ON THE POSSIBLY WORST RUNNING TEAM IN THE LEAGUE HIS RB WAS A BACKUP FB WHO THEN GOT HURT AND THEY HAD TO PLAY A GUY WHO HAD A F'D UP HAMSTRING AND COULDN'T RUN FULL SPEED...THE DEFENSE COULD JUST PIN THEIR EARS BACK AND PLAY THE PASS...

THEN THEY HAD NO DEFENSE CHAMP BAILEY ONLY PLAYED HALF THE YEAR AND DRE BLY BLEW CHUNKS AND THEY HAD NO SAFETY HELP

[ Edited by jdt84_2 on Feb 28, 2009 at 22:36:27 ]
Reading some of the posts in this thread is making me wonder how some of you fail to realize how important a QB is to a football team if you want to win the SB. If we could get Cutler for our 1st this yr that is a STEAL. Look at the QB's in the modern era to win SB's most are H.O.F. or H.O.F. locks Brady 3x's, Aikman 3x's, Elway 2x's, Favre, Young, Peyton, Warner, Roethlisberger 2x's even Eli who is inconsistent played at an extremely high level during the Giants SB run. The only exceptions to the rule in recent times are Tampa Bay & Baltimore but they had all time great defenses. Yes other positions matter but to be a SB winning team 99.9% of the time you need a franchise QB we do not have one as most teams in the league don't have one that is why if there is any chance in hell to get a proven franchise QB you give up everything including the kitchen sink to get one that is unless you are happy building the team around Hill and just getting to the playoffs.
  • Slothrop
  • Info N/A

Cutler>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Smith

I wouldn't be against giving Denver our 1st for Cutler, but I doubt we go that route. Who knows, though. Apparently, Cutler is p**sed about this and wants out.
Since everyone seems to be in love with the "laser rocket arm" QB's go compare Cutlers games to Shaun Hills games. Someone posted it in a thread a while back and the numbers where very similar except for one differnce. TURNOVERS! The kid is color blind ive been to plenty of Bronco games since I live in Denver and Cutler hasnt even learned how 2 look the safety off. He stares down who hes throwing to almost rt off the snap. I wouldnt give up a 1st rd pick for this guy at all, QB isnt our biggest need Oline is. Unless we move Cutler to RT or NT let someone else take his turnovers
  • NinerNZ
  • Info N/A
It's either he gets traded now or he will not re-sign when his current contract is up, simple as that. Once a "franchise" quarterback feels betrayed by his team, especially one in transition, he is going to want out. If it was up to me, I would do WHATEVER it takes to get him here. Still tons of upside, fierce competitor, one of the strongest arms in the league...just an all around talent.

I hate seeing other teams making moves and actually taking chances on improving their franchise in KEY positions while we sit on our hands.

It takes pizzazz and intelligence to put together a blockbuster deal.
Are you joking?!! . . . we have NEITHER.
We have ZERO chance of designing any sort of deal to bring in Cutler. Hell, other organizations know how pathetic we are, they probably won't even talk to us . . . it would jus be a waste of their time.
let's be REALISTIC!
  • NinerNZ
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by epdavis:
Reading some of the posts in this thread is making me wonder how some of you fail to realize how important a QB is to a football team if you want to win the SB. If we could get Cutler for our 1st this yr that is a STEAL. Look at the QB's in the modern era to win SB's most are H.O.F. or H.O.F. locks Brady 3x's, Aikman 3x's, Elway 2x's, Favre, Young, Peyton, Warner, Roethlisberger 2x's even Eli who is inconsistent played at an extremely high level during the Giants SB run. The only exceptions to the rule in recent times are Tampa Bay & Baltimore but they had all time great defenses. Yes other positions matter but to be a SB winning team 99.9% of the time you need a franchise QB we do not have one as most teams in the league don't have one that is why if there is any chance in hell to get a proven franchise QB you give up everything including the kitchen sink to get one that is unless you are happy building the team around Hill and just getting to the playoffs.

Watchutalkingaboutman!!
We're one OT away from the Superbowl!! . . . the missing piece!
Once we have that piece, we're gonna put the studliest guy on our team . . . Vernon Davis in at QB . . . he's Superman and Singletary can MOTIVATE him to achieve anything. And then, and then Alex can sit behind him and be ready to take over in a couple of years . . . he's sooooo young, man.
And then we're gonna unleash Manny Lawson on our opponents . . . and Singletary's gonna MOTIVATE him to get a least 25 sacks per season . . . we're gonna DOMINATE opposing offenses. You'll see!
Quarterback . . .
Offensive Tackle, man . . . that's ALL WE NEED!
Denver tried to deal Cutler to the Bucs in a 3 way deal where the Broncos got Cassel i think. shows what they think about him...cutler was supposed to have busted out by now, but hes taking alot of time doing so...makes me wonder

cutler sucks ass, Smith beat him when Denver was win and in and lost to Smith. Cutler is the most overrated QB i've seen in a while. I'll pass on the choke job thank you very much
Originally posted by solidg2000:
cutler sucks ass, Smith beat him when Denver was win and in and lost to Smith. Cutler is the most overrated QB i've seen in a while. I'll pass on the choke job thank you very much

Who would you rather have at QB?

True that, please do not trade for cutler,
  • RKab
  • Veteran

True that, please do not trade for cutler,

You guys are aware that there were 2 NFL seasons since then. And that was Cutler's 5th NFL game as the starter and since then he's become a pro bowl QB.

Since then Alex Smith has become the biggest bust in 49er history and has not been able to stay healthy enough to even get on the field while Cutler is a career 87.1 passer who threw for 4,500+ yards last year.

I'd give them whatever they want outside of a Herschel Walker deal to get Cutler and get a franchise QB.

Clayton on ESPN just said Cutler is very upset with McDaniels and that Denver is fielding calls from a number of teams and has to seriously consider trading Cutler.

Since Nolan is so good with QBs, I think they need a Mike Nolan-Jay Cutler sit down, that will guarantee he'll want to play somewhere else, lol.

[ Edited by RKab on Mar 1, 2009 at 07:29:38 ]
Originally posted by ninerfaninLA:
Originally posted by SmithGore:
This was reported only 10 minutes ago. We could still have a chance.
ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports that Jay Cutler is still "not so sure" he'll be back with the Broncos after they shopped him around the league.
New coach Josh McDaniels is playing with fire. Losing the confidence of Cutler -- the most valuable player on Denver's roster -- could haunt the Broncos all offseason. There isn't a quarterback-needy team in the league that wouldn't want him and the Broncos' only other QB under contract is practice squader Darrell Hackney. McDaniels has some explaining to do.

I would give up anything short of my left leg to get this guy.

Brandon Marshall, the best WR in the league, is a lot better player than Cutler.

Puhleeese.... Lets see, Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson and Steve Smith are all better then Brandon Marshall.

I agree with Fitzgerald, maybe Andre Johnson -- no on Steve Smith.

LOL You JUST said that Brandon Marshall was the best WR in the league. That didn't take long for you to change your mind. Did you simply forget about Larry Fitzgerald? Andre Johnson is WAY better than Marshall and so is Steve Smith. I would also take Calvin Johnson and Anquin Boldin over him too.

Opinions are opinions.
Share 49ersWebzone