OFFICIAL: The Shaun Hill Starship

Shop 49ers game tickets
Shaun Hill = Franchise QB

Jed York approves this message.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by 5timechamps:
jto part 2!

Take 7-3 and shove it up JTO's arse.

Dammit Joe you bit like a fish on a hook.

We ALL know Shaun Hill is the best QB we have, even over JTO.
I'm not sure how any fan can NOT like Shaun Hill. He gets a big pass from me just on the basis of that helmetless dive for the 1st down. First time I've seen a Niner QB that crazy to move the ball since Steve Young did the same thing (and Young was so crazy that he did it in an exhibition game.)
Originally posted by BrodieFan:
I'm not sure how any fan can NOT like Shaun Hill. He gets a big pass from me just on the basis of that helmetless dive for the 1st down. First time I've seen a Niner QB that crazy to move the ball since Steve Young did the same thing (and Young was so crazy that he did it in an exhibition game.)

ya that was my favorite play in a very long time.
I mean I'm for him starting rather than the garbage QB's we have on our roster. I just dont think he is the long time solution. More like a stop gap. As long as he wins of course he should stay in.

I get that Stan Humphries or Mark Rypien feeling for Shaun Hill. Blue Collar, gets the job done but will be adapted to after while. The best thing though is both the QB's mentioned help take their team to the super bowl
If the quarterback competition ended today, Shaun Hill would be your starter.

Smith was no slouch, and seemed more fearless with his throws by passing before the receiver broke. But watching Hill's body language and his ability to engage his teammates, it's hard to imagine him not starting the season opener in Arizona

Shaun Hill will be our starter

Even though Im not sold that he is a long term solution. This guy is just deserving of the job. The scenario to take place is most likely if Nate Davis works out. Hill will start 1 or 2 years and the Nate will come in.
[ Edited by 49er4eva on May 3, 2009 at 10:58 AM ]
starship?
Count me in!
So far, after minicamps:

Starship: 1

Phoenix: 0

Funny how some of you guys take writers opinions of practices when it suits your cause. Shaun hill has won jack sh*t except a handful of wins over the course of 2 seasons....wow
Man there are alot of people trippin balls in this thread.

"The best QB on our roster"?

That's possible, but the competition ain't even really started yet. Has it?

Nope.

But keep up the wishful thinking. It just may come true then you can haul your sorry butts to Disneyland and celebrate.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Man there are alot of people trippin balls in this thread.

"The best QB on our roster"?

That's possible, but the competition ain't even really started yet. Has it?

Nope.

But keep up the wishful thinking. It just may come true then you can haul your sorry butts to Disneyland and celebrate.

~Ceadder

I know it hasn't really started yet, but I just wanted to point out that the part of the comparisons in practice would probably have favored Alex Smith in minicamps over Hill because there's no rush or linemen and you can showcase your throwing ability (arm) more and from all of the reports, Shaun outshined Smith in Smith's best environment.
Originally posted by ThaDuke:
Funny how some of you guys take writers opinions of practices when it suits your cause. Shaun hill has won jack sh*t except a handful of wins over the course of 2 seasons....wow

Well...isn't that the point? To win games? Starting 10 games over the last couple seasons, he has won 7. What's your point?

"Tom Brady has won jack sh*t except a handful of Super Bowls...wow"
all you guys are on the shaun hill starship until he has a bad game, then everybody will be calling him crappy and saying we need a QB so bad.
Share 49ersWebzone