There are 120 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

OFFICIAL: The Shaun Hill Starship

Originally posted by Niners99:
all you guys are on the shaun hill starship until he has a bad game, then everybody will be calling him crappy and saying we need a QB so bad.

Says you.

I won't be calling him crappy until he gets benched and that's highly unlikely since he doesn't make JTO types of mistakes and he doesn't freeze up to the extreme like Alex Smith.
all you guys are on the shaun hill starship until he has a bad game, then everybody will be calling him crappy and saying we need a QB so bad.

He's already earned my respect and support.... from what??? hmmm, something called winning possibly?

the guy wins games, so all you alex leaf supporters can shut up. how many games has alex smith won in his NFL career??? excuses aside.
And I don't understand how all you Alex Smith lovers are ignoring the fact that Shaun Hill has actually looked like a winner under dire circumstances, put together a winning record from the end of last season, and the season before that. He had pretty much the same team as Alex had in 2007 and 2008, but unlike Alex, he's actually won more than he's lost.
Originally posted by bigmike55:

He's already earned my respect and support.... from what??? hmmm, something called winning possibly?

the guy wins games, so all you alex leaf supporters can shut up. how many games has alex smith won in his NFL career??? excuses aside.

I blame Shaun Hills' 2007 losses to his pinky. Any win that year was a bonus brought to you by Shaun Hill.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Man there are alot of people trippin balls in this thread.

"The best QB on our roster"?

That's possible, but the competition ain't even really started yet. Has it?

Nope.

But keep up the wishful thinking. It just may come true then you can haul your sorry butts to Disneyland and celebrate.

~Ceadder

I know it hasn't really started yet, but I just wanted to point out that the part of the comparisons in practice would probably have favored Alex Smith in minicamps over Hill because there's no rush or linemen and you can showcase your throwing ability (arm) more and from all of the reports, Shaun outshined Smith in Smith's best environment.

Okay, I can understand that. But neither of them are really competing right now. Smith has been away from the game for nearly two years physically. So I'm not on board anyone's fan club right now and won't be until they are in a heated competition with clear production going either way.

Hell it wouldn't disappoint me if Hill won, cause Alex could use the time to adjust and get ready in the even that he will be needed to start.

I just think that people are jumpling to the conclusion that Hill is the guy based on the success of two partial years as our Backup QB. This does not inspire me in the least. Especially when the Line has not been fixed. Just more bandages put on it.

Anyone seen the Little Dutch Boy? We might need him before too long.

~Ceadder
How many games do you think hes gunna win this year....i say atleast 10
Originally posted by Apples:
Originally posted by ThaDuke:
Funny how some of you guys take writers opinions of practices when it suits your cause. Shaun hill has won jack sh*t except a handful of wins over the course of 2 seasons....wow

Well...isn't that the point? To win games? Starting 10 games over the last couple seasons, he has won 7. What's your point?

"Tom Brady has won jack sh*t except a handful of Super Bowls...wow"

7 wins against bad teams that any nfl qb would have won, and probably would have done a far better job. He nearly lost to the rams! JTO beat the hell outta of the rams, what does that tell ya smart guy
Funny how some of you guys take writers opinions of practices when it suits your cause. Shaun hill has won jack sh*t except a handful of wins over the course of 2 seasons....wow

Well...isn't that the point? To win games? Starting 10 games over the last couple seasons, he has won 7. What's your point?

7 wins against bad teams that any nfl qb would have won, and probably would have done a far better job. He nearly lost to the rams! JTO beat the hell outta of the rams, what does that tell ya smart guy

My bad, I didn't realize they kept track of "nearly losses".

Everyone listen up, there's some things we gotta clear up: the Patriots have 1 Super Bowl win against the Eagles, and 2 Super Bowl "nearly losses", one against the Rams and the other against the Panthers. Although they do have 1 Super Bowl "nearly win" against the Giants a few years ago.

And no, not every QB could have won the games that Hill did...I can name one off the top of my head who couldn't do it: Alex Smith.

Do you care to make yourself look any more foolish?
Originally posted by Joecool:

Says you.

I won't be calling him crappy until he gets benched and that's highly unlikely since he doesn't make JTO types of mistakes and he doesn't freeze up to the extreme like Alex Smith.

atleast alex has beatin the cards and hawks, incase ya didnt know, theyre the good teams in our division. But i guess as long as Hill gets a few wins against the bottom feeders, that made you all happy. Apparently, sing and the rest of the management do not share your opptimism

Everyone listen up, there's some things we gotta clear up: the Patriots have 1 Super Bowl win against the Eagles, and 2 Super Bowl "nearly losses", one against the Rams and the other against the Panthers. Although they do have 1 Super Bowl "nearly win" against the Giants a few years ago.

And no, not every QB could have won the games that Hill did...I can name one off the top of my head who couldn't do it: Alex Smith.

A win is a win, but it does matter how you win. Good teams beat bad teams. with shaun, we barely beat bad teams. Im happy with the win ofcourse, but its his play, or lack there of, that turns me off
  • KasparHauser
  • Info N/A

Wow, any QB would've won, like JTO perhaps? So can we assume that you would have preferred JTO to start all of 2008?

A win is a win, but it does matter how you win. Good teams beat bad teams. with shaun, we barely beat bad teams. Im happy with the win ofcourse, but its his play, or lack there of, that turns me off

What's wrong with his playing?

In 8 games started last season:
62.8 %
13 TD
8 INT
2,046 YDS
87.5 RTG

But I guess you just want a guy who can throw it far and will get us fancy highlights on Sportscenter.

Might that possibly be because Smith was standing on the sidelines rehabbing an injury? Naaaaaaaaaaahhhhh that can't be it at all.

~Ceadder
bet your ass!!! damn right i wanna kick other teams ass's like we used to. Many of you didnt get to watch those days. Im not ok and never will be ok with just gettin by
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

Might that possibly be because Smith was standing on the sidelines rehabbing an injury? Naaaaaaaaaaahhhhh that can't be it at all.

~Ceadder

You mean Smith has been injured his entire NFL career? I mean, 99% of time, he has looked like a 4th string QB.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home