There are 281 users in the forums

JTO Eating Crow Thread!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49ERwhiner:
Originally posted by Joecool:
JTO!!!!!!

1. Was on the Lions, Panthers, Pats, Vikings, GB, and Saints
  2. GB was looking to develop him but Rogers fell in their lap

Also, hearing Nolan on KNBR, he said McCarthy wanted JTO when McCarthy was with the Niners. He had heard some good things about JTO.

Nolan said the fact that McCarthy was already eying the guy and Martz liked what the guy brings to the field told Nolan that he should sign him AND give him a chance.

Why in the hell was he a journeyman: gunslinger, mistake prone, attitude seemed cocky, teams kept getting in a situation where the starter was better or a draft pick with more potential was acquired, or was it just a different agenda?

Who knows. One thing that I do know is that you can say he makes dumb decisions and if you think he's going to consistently make the type of INT he threw against the Raiders...well...that's not going to happen. He will throw the type of INT he had in the GB game, but almost every QB and their momma occasionally throws those.

JTO has not played a regular season game, but I have a good feeling he is going to be bad ass. My reasoning has nothing to do with this QB rating or stats but everything to do with how he operates the huddle to the different ways he can release that damn ball. His accuracy and throwing capabilities is EXACTLY what the M-O needs.

He is tough mentally and still believes in himself after a lot of rejection. He seems very focused , has a nice quick release and can make all of the neccessary throws with nice accuracy. I am not saying that he is another Warner type of a find but he certainly could be. As for the dumb decisions hopefully he learns to correct them as he goes on ------ he seems bright enough to do it. He certainly out performed the competition so he has all of my support for now.

I still don't see where the dumb decisions harping is coming from. I know you don't think he will do this but it seems as though that's the ONLY negative thing anyone can point out about his on the field play. It was one game, his first preseason game where he loaded up on 2 dumb decisions. ONE (the first) preseason game. Alex made more dumb decisions in his last preseason game than JTO has done this entire preseason. On top of that, JTO has improved his play whereas Alex seems to have been level from games 1-3 and terrible in game 4.

The same people who say he's a journeyman and he doesn't have any experience are banking on one game to generalize his play. Well, the people who feel he can do good things are looking at his overall play in the preseason. Overall, it looks as though he won't make too many terrible decisions.
This guy is so into wanting to suceed that he only concentrates about the task at hand. This guy IS IN THE ZONE before he even plays a regular season game. It is possible this guy could light it up against AIRFULLOFZONA. Montana always seemed that he had the zone area, where he would just get into that space and nothing could break him out of it. We finally just may have something special with JTO ! So staying in a nice motel is something that really is helping him maintain his concentration, and if so, more power to him. Hopefully this rubs off on the rest of the team. Could you imagine if this team along with the coaches are totally tuned in 100% in the zone ? At least Alex and his failures can not rub off because he is no starter. Alex is not a leader and he is a detriment to sucess in my opinion.

[ Edited by moopoo on Sep 3, 2008 at 09:03:38 ]
Originally posted by moopoo:
This guy is so into wanting to succed that he only concentrates about the task at hand. This guy IS IN THE ZONE before he even plays a regular season game. It is possible this guy could light it up against AIRFULLOFZONA. Montana always seemed that he had the zone area, where he would just get into that space and nothing could break him out of it. We finally just may have something special with JTO ! So staying in a nice motel is something that really is helping him maintain his concentration, and if so, more power to him. Hopefully this rubs off on the rest of the team. Could you imagine if this tream along with the coaches are totally tuned in 100% in the zone ? At least Alex and his failures can not rub off because he is no starter. Alex is not a leader and he is a detriment to sucess in my opinion.

And I read one post in the zone saying that Alex is more humble. JTO's attitude on how he is on the field has nothing to do with being humble but everything to do with wanting everything to be perfect and done the right way.
This guy is so into wanting to succed that he only concentrates about the task at hand. This guy IS IN THE ZONE before he even plays a regular season game. It is possible this guy could light it up against AIRFULLOFZONA. Montana always seemed that he had the zone area, where he would just get into that space and nothing could break him out of it. We finally just may have something special with JTO ! So staying in a nice motel is something that really is helping him maintain his concentration, and if so, more power to him. Hopefully this rubs off on the rest of the team. Could you imagine if this tream along with the coaches are totally tuned in 100% in the zone ? At least Alex and his failures can not rub off because he is no starter. Alex is not a leader and he is a detriment to sucess in my opinion.

And I read one post in the zone saying that Alex is more humble. JTO's attitude on how he is on the field has nothing to do with being humble but everything to do with wanting everything to be perfect and done the right way.

I prefer JTO's attitude because it is reminiscent of Joe's. Remember when reporters did not like interviewing Montana, mostly I think it was hewas so tuned into what he had to do, and they thought that he was somewhat stand offish. So what, who cares about interviews when we want any possible form of attention to detail that will help with winning. The only sportswriter that was okay for interviewing the team was Wayne Walker, he had class, way more the Ira Miller and Ray Ratto could dream of. JTO is going to be what we think he will be, successful in what we have needed all along.

*away in the distance* "Sounds........like........Martz!"

Seriously though, JTO definitely has the right attitude and mind set right now. His focus certainly will help his cause especially in this O. I remember Martz saying on TV49 that when the other two rested, JTO was "remarkable" so they gave him more reps. "Remarkable"....hmmmm. Maybe JTO does have "IT".

We will certainly know where we stand with JTO after 4pm on Sunday.

Go 49ers!
Originally posted by ninertico:

Seriously though, JTO definitely has the right attitude and mind set right now. His focus certainly will help his cause especially in this O. I remember Martz saying on TV49 that when the other two rested, JTO was "remarkable" so they gave him more reps. "Remarkable"....hmmmm. Maybe JTO does have "IT".

Go 49ers!

Hmmm, how do I get TV49 ?

Go 49ers!

Right here Moo...49ers.com Videos...hee hee hee Click on "Martz speaks to the Media"

Enjoy!

Go 49ers!

Right here Moo...49ers.com Videos...hee hee hee Click on "Martz speaks to the Media"

Enjoy!

Thats cool of you, thanks
People try to compare JTO to Montana or Warner. Don't see that, especially with the statuesque Warner. More like the edgy, unpredictable Garcia. Hugely overlooked, he finally got his chance and did well.

Ahem, the very first time I saw Garcia play I thought he was special and I think JTO will be similar. Still wonder what those other "coaches" (except Saint Walsh) didn't see...Oh, he moved his feet too much and couldn't throw the ball 70 yards from his knees. Now, Drunkenmiller, that is what a QB should look like...
  • fanoe
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by carlgo:
People try to compare JTO to Montana or Warner. Don't see that, especially with the statuesque Warner. More like the edgy, unpredictable Garcia. Hugely overlooked, he finally got his chance and did well.

Ahem, the very first time I saw Garcia play I thought he was special and I think JTO will be similar. Still wonder what those other "coaches" (except Saint Walsh) didn't see...Oh, he moved his feet too much and couldn't throw the ball 70 yards from his knees. Now, Drunkenmiller, that is what a QB should look like...

who's comparing JTO to Montana?

Warner comparisons are because of Martz developing an unknown QB and hoping Martz can work his magic once again with JTO

didn't Kitna compare him to Bulger?

Hey, Alex four offenses in four years, how many has JTO learned in his career, stop making excuses and make plays like JTO!!!!
  • fanoe
  • Info N/A
JTO's attitude is finding the positive in having so many OCs and different systems in his career to only better prepare him and motivate him for his chance to be a starter... Smith and his fan's attitude is the opposite, saying that all these OCs and schemes hindered him...
Originally posted by fanoe:
JTO's attitude is finding the positive in having so many OCs and different systems in his career to only better prepare him and motivate him for his chance to be a starter... Smith and his fan's attitude is the opposite, saying that all these OCs and schemes hindered him...

EXACTLY!!!

I was even one of those that questioned the 4 OCs in 4 years issue, but then I changed my mind after following JTO's career. Both had to deal with different OCs every year. The only thing different is that Alex had 4 OCs at the same place where JTO had to go to six different teams to experience it.

Well, it looks like JTO simply adapted better to the card he was dealt and that is what you want.

No excuses...just perform!

Go 49ers!
At first I was all for Alex Smith getting the nod because of his talent beind better than any of the other qbs on the roster. I still would love to see him light the world on fire, but Im not sure it will happen...at least not on this team.

Then, I started just wanted whoever could win us games and bring us back to a playoff contender year in and year out.

Now that JTO has EARNED the right to start, I am 100% behind him and hope he leads the niners to the promised land.

Basically, I am a niner fan before anything else and I want the TEAM to win for the benefit of the team and not for the benefit of a player.

GO NINERS!
I promise you all: JTO will NOT disappoint.

Losers do not have the following characteristics, winners do:

1. Humility
  2. Confidence
  3. Mastery
  4. Ability
  5. Leadership
  6. No excuses
  7. Focus
  8. Expectations
  9. Risk Taker

You just don't see people with these qualities fail very often. He was a journeyman who didn't get to show what he can do or was just in a situation where he was not needed be it financially or behind a proven player. Martz didn't even know what he could do until he actually saw him in extensive time this offseason.
Share 49ersWebzone