There are 221 users in the forums

JTO Eating Crow Thread!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • jerryricefan80
  • Info N/A
His favorite movie is "The North Shore"!?! That is awesome. Now this is somebody I can cheer for. He's just like Rick Cane, leaving the small mid-west surf pool competitions to make it as a big-time pro surfer in Hawaii. But will he survive?
Originally posted by Joecool:
JTO! JTO! JTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

1. Humility
  2. Confidence
  3. Mastery
  4. Ability
  5. Leadership
  6. No excuses
  7. Focus
  8. Expectations
  9. Risk Taker

You know Joe, I have been a proponent of Alex for so long because I wanted a good kid to do well and he seriously has been a disappointment especially this preseason. I was rooting for him to show us that he's worthy.

As Alex failed, JTO's abilities and character started to gain some attention to the point that Martz wanted to see more and Nolan allowed it. His rise above the two QBs in front of him is nothing less than "unusual" and "remarkable", but so is Mad Martz (in a good way). This new article I read this morning shook my memory about his days in Sac at Jesuit and Davis, Mr. Confidence kicked butt, period.

JTO is the Man!

I can't wait to see a fellow Jesbian (Rival high school FB teams used to call us that because the guys from public schools would be jealous that their girls wanted us instead of them ) Anyway, his passion is evident when he's out in the field and his confidence shines brightly to light the way for our O. He will surprise many just based on his history...this is just another page in his book.

Hey Joe! I am right there with you on the JTO bandwagon, holding the pitcher of Kool-Aid (as the Zone likes to call it) and serving us a tall glass of it with a shot to chase it down, your choice!

Seriously, I root for who's behind the center no matter who it is. It's just that this time I have someone from my community who's doing it. There is a sense of pride in that!

Based on what I remember about him, I would modify your list just a bit:
  1. Confidence
  2. Focus
  3. No excuses
  4. Leadership
  5. Ability
  6. Mastery
  7. Humility
  8. Expectations
  9. Risk Taker

We just may really have the next "Warner"...ironic we play against him, huh?

Go 49ers!

[ Edited by ninertico on Sep 5, 2008 at 08:38:20 ]
The JTO prognosticators have risen: everyone else is dead to us.

GB gave the Saints a 2nd round draft pick in a trade for JTO. Then Rogers fell in their lap.
GO JTO! Better not make us lose on sunday, or else.
  • rolo1121
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Shajarian:
I think McNolan's biggest mistake was only giving JT the vet minimum salary for one year. By doing so, the niners cannot negotiate with him until March, and he can field offers from other teams if he lights it up, or even if he just plays solid. As a result, we'll be forced to overpay in order to keep him. If we had just been slightly generous now with his pay (which is chump change), we could have had pre-negotiation rights with him prior to him being a free agent. such short sighted thinking.

I see your point, but there was no way we were gonna give him more then what he got for the simple reason that he's unproven. So if u look @ it this way, he has to show the fan and the team that he could lead us to glory. Now with that being said, i think he really likes Frisco and what we bring to the table, i highly doubt that anyone will offer him more than what we would seriously. I doubt he would want to start all over again for the seventh time somewhere else....Just don't see that happening, but this is a business so u never know...
This wagon is small right now!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by 9ermadmanagain:
I can't believe all this graveling over a Scrub who has never mustered the talent or Nuts to start for one of the 32 teams in the NFL.

I see comments like "this team was going to develope him but some (insert unproven college QB name here) fell into there laps so they cut him" bla bla bla.

Until I see something on the field in a Regular season game, I think Nolan is an idiot and has runied the confidence of a Young, VERY high paid QB. Smith so far in his carrer has the "David Carr" syndrome (been knocked on his arse so many times he has nightmares), not too mention only 1 good OC,an injury and a coach who pretty much gave up on him.

Either way I know Smith is a Man and he needs to step up and deal with it and play some ball, but I would rather go down giving Smith a chance then burn like some fools with 2 scrubs under center like JT and Hill!!

I hope I am eating crow in December

I'm really the only one putting myself on the line saying this guy will excel. If others feel the same join me now. The entire point of taking risks is to back something. I am not playing politician on this one because I believe in his attributes that he brings. I believe in his skill set. I know my QBs and if he's a bust, then you won't ever see me comment on any QBs from now on except for cheering one on AFTER he does something well.

JTO will make his mistakes but he will do more good than bad overall. You guys can do the wait-and-see and then jump on and you will be welcome on this bandwagon as we are all fans of the same team.

I'm not being overly excited for no reason. There are attributes I look for in a QB and JTO has them. I back that no matter what.

I'm sorry, but if you still think Smith has it, then I can say the same comments you say about JTO supporters to you. All in all, I also feel that the only reason why Hill isn't #2 is because of Smith's contract. I have always felt this and there is a reason why Smith won't be here if he is not the starter and Hill will.

You can sit there with a Straight face and Honestly say Alex has be given just as much Oportunity to Play in the NFL as JTO has?? I mean JTO couldn't even crack the line up one on one against another so/so QB in Kitna. JTO has been on what now 3 Martz teams and couldn't start on any of them and now all of a sudden he can play??

I used to be a BIG Nolan supporter but they way he has handled the past 2 years and the QB situation makes me think twice about him and the front office. I mean to draft a guy #1, pay him millions, throw him out there to the wolves with one of the worse Olines ever to play and only 1 good OC and expect him to excel is just plain CRAZY to me!! Most great QB's had terrible 1st and 2nd years with great OC and O lines but all we do is "supposedly give him a fair shot" in TC and not even give him a chance with the 1st string. Hell anyone can look good in practice and there are tons of players out there that flat out SUCK in practice but light it up in Game time.

Like I have said before, I don't think we have a good enough offense to make the playoffs without a Solid top flight WR so why not go down letting your #1 pick battle it out.

I'm not saying that Smith is the Man but damn give the Kid a fighting chance
I can't believe all this graveling over a Scrub who has never mustered the talent or Nuts to start for one of the 32 teams in the NFL.

I see comments like "this team was going to develope him but some (insert unproven college QB name here) fell into there laps so they cut him" bla bla bla.

Until I see something on the field in a Regular season game, I think Nolan is an idiot and has runied the confidence of a Young, VERY high paid QB. Smith so far in his carrer has the "David Carr" syndrome (been knocked on his arse so many times he has nightmares), not too mention only 1 good OC,an injury and a coach who pretty much gave up on him.

Either way I know Smith is a Man and he needs to step up and deal with it and play some ball, but I would rather go down giving Smith a chance then burn like some fools with 2 scrubs under center like JT and Hill!!

I hope I am eating crow in December

I'm really the only one putting myself on the line saying this guy will excel. If others feel the same join me now. The entire point of taking risks is to back something. I am not playing politician on this one because I believe in his attributes that he brings. I believe in his skill set. I know my QBs and if he's a bust, then you won't ever see me comment on any QBs from now on except for cheering one on AFTER he does something well.

JTO will make his mistakes but he will do more good than bad overall. You guys can do the wait-and-see and then jump on and you will be welcome on this bandwagon as we are all fans of the same team.

I'm not being overly excited for no reason. There are attributes I look for in a QB and JTO has them. I back that no matter what.

I'm sorry, but if you still think Smith has it, then I can say the same comments you say about JTO supporters to you. All in all, I also feel that the only reason why Hill isn't #2 is because of Smith's contract. I have always felt this and there is a reason why Smith won't be here if he is not the starter and Hill will.

You can sit there with a Straight face and Honestly say Alex has be given just as much Oportunity to Play in the NFL as JTO has?? I mean JTO couldn't even crack the line up one on one against another so/so QB in Kitna. JTO has been on what now 3 Martz teams and couldn't start on any of them and now all of a sudden he can play??

I used to be a BIG Nolan supporter but they way he has handled the past 2 years and the QB situation makes me think twice about him and the front office. I mean to draft a guy #1, pay him millions, throw him out there to the wolves with one of the worse Olines ever to play and only 1 good OC and expect him to excel is just plain CRAZY to me!! Most great QB's had terrible 1st and 2nd years with great OC and O lines but all we do is "supposedly give him a fair shot" in TC and not even give him a chance with the 1st string. Hell anyone can look good in practice and there are tons of players out there that flat out SUCK in practice but light it up in Game time.

Like I have said before, I don't think we have a good enough offense to make the playoffs without a Solid top flight WR so why not go down letting your #1 pick battle it out.

I'm not saying that Smith is the Man but damn give the Kid a fighting chance

Take a look at QBs in the NFL now and take a look at how many starters have a long release, you won't see many and the ones that are there are on a power running playaction team.

IF, and that's a big IF, Alex plays at least above average, it will be in a Norv Turner type of offense.

And yes, he has had plenty opportunities to take over in the last 4 years and each year, a journey man or other QB who are seen as average to below average perform just as good as him or even better.
I hope your right... I love the positive outlook though!

Who, Hill,Dilfer?? What about the team as a whole? The games Hill won last year the rest of the team stepped up and the Oline actually blocked.

Like I said before I hope JTO make me eat crow cause I'm tired of losing hahaha
Who, Hill,Dilfer?? What about the team as a whole? The games Hill won last year the rest of the team stepped up and the Oline actually blocked.

Like I said before I hope JTO make me eat crow cause I'm tired of losing hahaha

Exactly, that is why Hill is better than Smith. Hill can lead a team, pull them together to work. I am so glad you admit that the line blocked, because they do get tired of blocking and having the QB hold on the ball fooorrreeevvveerrr. The line hates that. Hill got the ball out quicker and more sucessfully than the little kid that everyone keeps making excuses for.

[ Edited by moopoo on Sep 5, 2008 at 18:10:45 ]
"'Exactly, that is why Hill is better than Smith. Hill can lead a team, pull them together to work. I am so glad you admit that the line blocked, because they do get tired of blocking and having the QB hold on the ball fooorrreeevvveerrr. The line hates that. Hill got the ball out quicker and more sucessfully than the little kid that everyone keeps making excuses for."

Amen...that's Alex in a nutshell...Hike..overthink, overthink..SACK!!! Hike..over-think, over-think..BAD THROW..and so on.
Everyone here needs to relax. You guys are talking about a career backup, not the next messiah. Jesus, you guys are all probably voting Obama too.
Originally posted by taney71:
Everyone here needs to relax. You guys are talking about a career backup, not the next messiah. Jesus, you guys are all probably voting Obama too.

Obama ? I am 53 and a better football player than he is, no way I will vote for him The career backup is about to change his history, for good. What was, was, and what will be, will be. Too bad those other teams could not see really what JTO had to offer, they must not be that good at determining talent. I bet JTO does better than their QB's.
Share 49ersWebzone