There are 184 users in the forums

JTO Eating Crow Thread!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Watchutalkinbout:
Yes! Finally a QB that isn't scared to throw the long-ball and ain't scared to make throws! Confidence!
of course, he's made some mistakes by getting a bit ambitious throwing those picks in the preseason, but I hope he learns from those mistakes and does well

Originally posted by XNap:
Excellent JTO writeup in the Press Democrat today.

good read, thanks for the link!
If we win, I'll give JTO a huge pump up for this game.

If we lose, it would probably fall on JTO's shoulders. We beat this team with Smith (and Hostler), and even with Trent f**king Dilfer. If JTO can't beat this POS team, I doubt he can beat the Seahawks in week 2.
  • fanoe
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Method:

If we lose, it would probably fall on JTO's shoulders. We beat this team with Smith (and Hostler), and even with Trent f**king Dilfer. If JTO can't beat this POS team, I doubt he can beat the Seahawks in week 2.

remember that the D has to do thier part. no if it is lopsided and JTO ias screwing up that would be different. b ut i think were going to seee effictive JT with a poss int.
Originally posted by SF4EVA:

remember that the D has to do thier part. no if it is lopsided and JTO ias screwing up that would be different. b ut i think were going to seee effictive JT with a poss int.

Do you know Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox both have a spell-check installed in them, because I can't tell what you're trying to say (hopefully you were posting from a phone lol).

www.google.com/chrome

or

www.mozilla.com/firefox

[ Edited by Method on Sep 2, 2008 at 18:32:37 ]
JTO will win us three games.........then he will get benched, and thats after week 9
  • fanoe
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Icelandic49er:
JTO will win us three games.........then he will get benched, and thats after week 9

are you psychic or just a niner coach?

[ Edited by fanoe on Sep 2, 2008 at 21:08:57 ]
Before everyone freaks out abuout what I'm about to say remember I'm just saying it could happen. but.......... Kurt Warner was bagging groceries before making the most of what may have been his last chance with the rams. IMO JTO's career prospects haden't reached that bleak of an outlook so if Kurt can do it who knows. I actully did some research when learning that JT would start. He is of a similar age as Warner, Jeff Garcia, and Jake Delhome were when they all got there shot so again who knows.
I your right JoeCool. God help us all, i hope your right.

I want JT to autograph my breast
Originally posted by SF4EVA:

remember that the D has to do thier part. now if the game is lopsided and JTO is screwing up that would be different. but i think were going to see an effictive JT with a poss int.

Do you know Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox both have a spell-check installed in them, because I can't tell what you're trying to say (hopefully you were posting from a phone lol).

www.google.com/chrome

or

www.mozilla.com/firefox

there fixed and no i was typing in the dark( trying to save energy
  • XNap
  • Info N/A
Another nice writeup over at Dan Brown's blog, talking about other UCD alumni QBs, Ken O'Brien and Mark Grieb.

Quote:
O’Brien and O’Sullivan might have similar high school and college diplomas, but their NFL paths couldn’t be more different.

While O’Sullivan is a longtime vagabond, O’Brien arrived with great expectations. He was part of the famed NFL draft class of 1983. Of the six quarterback taken in the first round that year, four went to the Super Bowl and three reached the Hall of Fame.

O’Brien went 24th overall, 10 picks after Jim Kelly and three picks before Dan Marino.

O’Brien didn’t reach those heights, but he threw for more than 25,000 yards over an 11-year career and made the Pro Bowl in ’85 and ’91. He once threw for 462 yards and four touchdowns to beat Marino’s Dolphins in 1986.

His totals at Davis, however, are no match for O’Sullivan’s. Here is the Aggies’ list of all-time passing yardage leaders:

1. J.T. O’Sullivan, 10,745 yards
2. Jon Grant, 8,220
3. Kevin Daft, 7,601
4. Ken O’Brien, 6,637
5. Mark Grieb, 6,051

The final name on the list ought to look familiar as well. Grieb has led the San Jose SaberCats to three ArenaBowl championships. In 2002, he was the league’s offensive player of the year.
  • Donnies9ers
  • Info N/A
Nice article! It is the type of thing you like to hear .....it definately makes it easier to cheer for him. It will be game time soon enough and I already like the storyline Martz and JTO taking on Warner kinda cinderella type stuff already.....you never know!
Originally posted by Joecool:
JTO!!!!!!

1. Was on the Lions, Panthers, Pats, Vikings, GB, and Saints
  2. GB was looking to develop him but Rogers fell in their lap

Also, hearing Nolan on KNBR, he said McCarthy wanted JTO when McCarthy was with the Niners. He had heard some good things about JTO.

Nolan said the fact that McCarthy was already eying the guy and Martz liked what the guy brings to the field told Nolan that he should sign him AND give him a chance.

Why in the hell was he a journeyman: gunslinger, mistake prone, attitude seemed cocky, teams kept getting in a situation where the starter was better or a draft pick with more potential was acquired, or was it just a different agenda?

Who knows. One thing that I do know is that you can say he makes dumb decisions and if you think he's going to consistently make the type of INT he threw against the Raiders...well...that's not going to happen. He will throw the type of INT he had in the GB game, but almost every QB and their momma occasionally throws those.

JTO has not played a regular season game, but I have a good feeling he is going to be bad ass. My reasoning has nothing to do with this QB rating or stats but everything to do with how he operates the huddle to the different ways he can release that damn ball. His accuracy and throwing capabilities is EXACTLY what the M-O needs.

He is tough mentally and still believes in himself after a lot of rejection. He seems very focused , has a nice quick release and can make all of the neccessary throws with nice accuracy. I am not saying that he is another Warner type of a find but he certainly could be. As for the dumb decisions hopefully he learns to correct them as he goes on ------ he seems bright enough to do it. He certainly out performed the competition so he has all of my support for now.
Share 49ersWebzone