There are 531 users in the forums

The 2008 Rookies Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by hofer36:
desean jackson certainly is looking good....

matt ryan has been steady if not spectacular

chris horton with the skins has 3 interceptions and at least 1 fumble recovery---who had him on their pick list last april?

Desean is doing great, but he needs to get his head out of his ass with the mistakes he's making. I wonder if he listened to Jerry when he said to be humble...
Can't believe we passed on him...TWICE! Now we have players who dont even see the field...
  • Brew
  • Veteran
mesean jackson
Get over it Cal homers, the guys is hot/cold, he dissapeared in crunch time in both TV games vs the cowboys and bears, hes ok not bad but, eddie royal is putting up better numbers and fewer mistakes, I'd rather have royal than jackson.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
Get over it Cal homers, the guys is hot/cold, he dissapeared in crunch time in both TV games vs the cowboys and bears, hes ok not bad but, eddie royal is putting up better numbers and fewer mistakes, I'd rather have royal than jackson.

Uhh...he is a rookie. As for Eddie Royal, I think we missed out on him too. I really liked him as well but he isn't even close to DeSean when it comes to production. Eddie Royal had bad games in week 2 and 3. He dissapeared for full games and that is to be expected. THEY ARE ROOKIES! As for fewer mistakes...he has just as many fumbles as DeSean and has been also responsible for one of Jay Cutler's INT.

DeSean has consistently produced in each game and has been a pretty good Punt Returner too except for that one muff punt.

I also want to point out, Eddie Royal had one more year in college.
don't even bring this s**t up

I think that their games are comparable, but who would have known that Eddie Royal would be lighting it up so early as well? By looking at them, both guys are too small to be prototypical #1 Wideouts...but if either were to become that #1, I think that DeSean would be that guy ahead of Royal.

Both are quite dangerous though...both are a threat to score each time that they have the rock in their hands....Quick, dangerous guys are what opposing defenses game-plan around (i.e. us against R Bush yesterday).
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Uhh...he is a rookie. As for Eddie Royal, I think we missed out on him too. I really liked him as well but he isn't even close to DeSean when it comes to production. Eddie Royal had bad games in week 2 and 3. He dissapeared for full games and that is to be expected. THEY ARE ROOKIES! As for fewer mistakes...he has just as many fumbles as DeSean and has been also responsible for one of Jay Cutler's INT.

DeSean has consistently produced in each game and has been a pretty good Punt Returner too except for that one muff punt.

Seriously D JAX had two catches for 40 yds last week.

Royals week 2 performance was 4 cacthes 37 yds, but one catch was for the tying TD vs the chargers and another catch was for the 2pt conv.

Production wise Royal has produced really well.
Week1 When marshall was out he abused 2 of the NFL best corners Hall, osmagawhatver and he came thru in the clutch week 2, for a rookie hes been impressive, he doesnt get the pub because he plays in denver.
And he had 109 yds yesterday.
No disappointment here. If Jackson had joined the Niners, he would have been Vernon Davis' "Mini-Me".
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Royals week 2 performance was 4 cacthes 37 yds, but one catch was for the tying TD vs the chargers and another catch was for the 2pt conv.

Week1 When marshall was out he abused 2 of the NFL best corners Hall, osmagawhatver and he came thru in the clutch week 2, for a rookie hes been impressive, he doesnt get the pub because he plays in denver.

DeSean Jackson's stats:

DeSean

Eddie Royal's stats:

Eddie

DeAngelo Hall is one of most over-rated CB in NFL. Royal plays in Denver so he doesn't get publicity?? Jay Cutler has gotten so much publicity in the last 3 weeks, it's ridiculous.

Defenses Jackson has played:

STL - 31st
Dallas - 11th
Pitts - 2nd
Chicago - 16th

Defenses Royal has played:

Oakland - 17th ranked
San Diego - 28th
New Orleans - 27th
Chiefs - 29th

JOSH MORGAN!
good job nolan not drafting this scrub

DeSean Jackson's stats:

DeSean

Eddie Royal's stats:

Eddie

DeAngelo Hall is one of most over-rated CB in NFL. Royal plays in Denver so he doesn't get publicity?? Jay Cutler has gotten so much publicity in the last 3 weeks, it's ridiculous.

STL - 31st
Dallas - 11th
Pitts - 2nd
Chicago - 16th

Oakland - 17th ranked
San Diego - 28th
New Orleans - 27th
Chiefs - 29th

Hate to get picky on you, but those defensive stats are overall defense not pass defense, the chiefs actually have the #14 pass defense.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

DeSean Jackson's stats:

DeSean

Eddie Royal's stats:

Eddie

STL - 31st
Dallas - 11th
Pitts - 2nd
Chicago - 16th

Oakland - 17th ranked
San Diego - 28th
New Orleans - 27th
Chiefs - 29th

Hate to get picky on you, but those defensive stats are overall defense not pass defense, the chiefs actually have the #14 pass defense.

Come on man, you know Chiefs pass defense is 14th because they have fallen behind so far in 3 of the 4 games that other teams have mostly ran against them. Cincy's pass defense is top 5 or something.
  • evil
  • Veteran

DeSean Jackson's stats:

DeSean

Eddie Royal's stats:

Eddie

STL - 31st
Dallas - 11th
Pitts - 2nd
Chicago - 16th

Oakland - 17th ranked
San Diego - 28th
New Orleans - 27th
Chiefs - 29th

Come on man, you know Chiefs pass defense is 14th because they have fallen behind so far in 3 of the 4 games that other teams have mostly ran against them. Cincy's pass defense is top 5 or something.

Actually they were only really down in 2 of those games. They kept in close vs NE and beat Denver. Versus Oakland Royal looked better than he should have due to Ryan's admitted playcalling and scheming on defense (he has said that DHall deserves no blame for that). In San Diego, Royal faced a team with 2 good corners in Jammer and Cromartie. Both WR's have faced 2 teams with good corners (Jackson vs Chicago & Dallas, Royal vs Oak & SD). From my observations I have to agree Royal has been better in crunch time. But both have promising outlooks.
Share 49ersWebzone