There are 85 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

A look ahead in to the prospects of the 2014 Draft

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000165268/article/2014-nfl-draft-top-30-college-football-players-to-watch-this-fall
Jake Ryan I love but he tore his ACL, he won't be coming out next year.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Austin Hill-WR-University of Arizona if he doesn't stick around for his senior year. Absolute beast of a WR, just tore his ACL, figures that qualifies him to become a 49ers draft pick. :P Will get picked lower than he his talent indicates.

I'm coming to you for all my WR prospect needs. Your WR draft crushes are attainable in the 2-4 rounds, unlike Marquise Lee and Sammy Watkins.
Our draft next year is going to be filthy. This year we only made four picks in the first three rounds. Next year? Six. In what will probably be considered a stronger draft class (I don't know anything about anything, but I keep reading that).

And I don't think we will have any holes as obvious as "Craig Dahl is slated as your starting FS" or "You've only replaced Delanie Walker with Cam Morrah." With those first six picks, we don't need any RBs, TEs, probably no OL or pass rushers and perhaps no DL either. We are going to LOAD UP on DBs and probably get a stud WR as well. In addition to taking falling BPA players that make the draftnik community tweet things like "Omg it's just not even fair" (one of my favorite parts about this weekend, especially the Tank, Lemonier, Patton, and Lattimore picks).
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Our draft next year is going to be filthy. This year we only made four picks in the first three rounds. Next year? Six. In what will probably be considered a stronger draft class (I don't know anything about anything, but I keep reading that).

And I don't think we will have any holes as obvious as "Craig Dahl is slated as your starting FS" or "You've only replaced Delanie Walker with Cam Morrah." With those first six picks, we don't need any RBs, TEs, probably no OL or pass rushers and perhaps no DL either. We are going to LOAD UP on DBs and probably get a stud WR as well. In addition to taking falling BPA players that make the draftnik community tweet things like "Omg it's just not even fair" (one of my favorite parts about this weekend, especially the Tank, Lemonier, Patton, and Lattimore picks).
It was so nice hearing guys say this all weekend!
SO we got a conditional pick from the Chiefs for Smith. Do we know what the actual conditions are?
Originally posted by dhp318:
SO we got a conditional pick from the Chiefs for Smith. Do we know what the actual conditions are?

I've started one or two threads about this and tweeted at Inman, Barrows, and Maiocco. No one has responded with anything concrete. I'm confused as to why there is confusion, honestly. But I've heard things like it has to do with how much Smith plays.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Marqise Lee
Living in So Cal and having watched every USC game I can say without reservation that I would give up a boat load for this kid. He will be LONG gone by the time the Niners pick.

Maybe he'll tear an ACL and fall to us?
only one? boy you gotta f**k up the whole knee to play for us
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Marqise Lee
Living in So Cal and having watched every USC game I can say without reservation that I would give up a boat load for this kid. He will be LONG gone by the time the Niners pick.

Maybe he'll tear an ACL and fall to us?
only one? boy you gotta f**k up the whole knee to play for us

Who's gonna Tonya Harding this dude for us? Or maybe a couple days before the draft Harbaugh can wear a mask and plant crack on him then tell the cops about it?
Looking for 2014 prospects listed by arm length ....
Great info. Thanks.

The way Trent/JH draft I don't think we'll ever give up a boatload of picks for anyone.
De'Anthony Thomas
That list of the top 30 prospects is a joke. For Notre Dame, Zack Martin is listed ahead of Stephon Tuitt and Louis Nix? Nix was the best player on their defense (by far) and the reason Te'o was free to make plays. Tuitt is their best prospect by far on either side of the ball and should probably be in the top 10 instead of not even listed. He's probably going to be a target for a lot of 3-4 teams next season given he's 6'6 310 and athletic enough to play 3-4 DE in any scheme. No one on their offensive line should go in the first 2 rounds and Braxston Cave was arguably better than Zack Martin and went undrafted this year.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Isaiah Johnson DB Georgia Tech 6'2" 208 pounds

Shane Skov ILB Standford 6'3" 250 pounds

Andrew Wilson LB Missouri 6'3" 240 pounds
Originally posted by pd24:
De'Anthony Thomas

and boy would that grind Chip Kelly's gears