LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

2014 Draft Prediction

I think we will be able to retain the Big Four of Crabtree, Smith, Iupati, and Kaepernick long-term. We will be going bargain basement in the secondary to free up the money. Whitner and Brown will both walk in FA and Rogers will be cut. Culliver, rookie contract = good cheap labor. Nmamdi will have a solid year in 2013 and re-up with us again for a nice, cheap hometown discount.

Starting backfield in 2014:

RCB FS SS NCB LCB
Nmamdi Asomugha Eric Reid Trent Robinson high draftee Chris Culliver
I doubt we would have taken Nick Moody over Bacarri Rambo or taken Quinton Dial over both Rambo and Josh Evans if Trenton Robinson wasn't the heir apparent to something.
tank for clowney
Originally posted by jreff22:
we will need:
CB
NT
WR
utility OL
SS
ILB
???
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Originally posted by smithc28:
Sammy Watkins or Clowney at the moment are the only ones I care about.

Marqise Lee is better than Watkins.

Gonna be real expensive to trade up from 32 to get Lee.
Biggest 2014 Draft Needs:

CB - Only Rogers and Culliver under contract after this year. Rogers could get cut after this season to save money on the cap. Brown, Nnamdi, Cox, Brock, are all FA's. I think we try to re-sign Brown but he could go elsewhere for more money. Could leave just Culliver.

SS - Whitner will likely be gone after this season. Doubt Trent Robinson or Spillman are the answer.

WR - Williams, Boldin are all FA's. Leaves us with Crabtree, Patton, Jenkins and possibly Lockette if he can go the year on the PS without getting stolen. I think if Boldin does well he comes back. Could see us choosing between re-signing Mario and Kyle or none at all if they can't come back strong from their injuries.

Possibly C - It's probably Goodwin this year unless we have to cut him to get under the cap. Looney is probably going to start in 2014 but if not it would be a big need.

Won't go too in depth. Any further that's a lot of speculation. I won't throw out names as I wont bother studying the draft until after the college season. When we were a bad team I use to half way through the season but with playoffs the last two years it's made me push off the draft. Plus so much changes from before the college season. So many guys go from late rounds to early rounds and vice versa. Some guys fade off altogether. To me I just want to know a majority of the names in the draft or at least through rounds 4-5 or so. I want to be able to have thoughts on who the 9ers take or thoughts on who I think they should take but that's about it. With this team and it's depth and front office it doesn't pay to worry too much and especially about later round guys. Just too many guys, two many schools (look at all the division 2 and 3 guys getting taken now days) and too many unknowns to worry about. To me if you put a lot of effort into it from Jan on you can get a pretty solid knowledge base down.

Anyways, so like I said won't mention names I just think we will go SS or CB in round 1 and probably the other in round 2. 1 or 2 WRs in round 3, maybe another CB in round 3 (depends on what alex pick is, goldson comp or not). So much will happen in a year, just never know how things will turn out.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 28, 2013 at 9:47 PM ]
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Originally posted by jreff22:
we will need:
CB
NT
WR
utility OL
SS
ILB
???
Grant could hold the position down and nobody worried. Skuta, Wilhoite, Moody, and maybe Fleming dont give me a warm feeling inside. I want a kid that can be relied upon if called into action....not just a warm ST body.
Share 49ersWebzone