LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 289 users in the forums

Vaccaro for 1st and 2nd Picks?

• thl408
I think Baalke should apply his idealology of 'building in the trenches' to the defense as well. He's got it going with the offense by stabalizing the Oline for the next 4-5 years. I hope he does the same with the defense and build from the DL and out. The secondary will be plug and play, supported (masked) by a fantastic DL. If he commits that much resources towards moving up in the draft, I want it to be for high quality DL.
New guy on here but have been a frequent visitor to this forum. Not as high as Vacarro as some folks are and think that a low end first and a high 2nd is too much for that pick. If Balke was high on Vacarro then 2013 first and a third would be enough for them to get that pick. I would however trade our first and our 2nd to get someone like Star but that would be a pipe dream then draft either a TE or Safety at 61.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Do it, We've draft 5 Fs since Trent has become G.M. and we still have a hole. Time to get it right. Hopefully 6 is the lucky number. Cause 7 safety's is going to piss me off!

This is absurd, they've drafted a bunch of late round prospects to fill out special teams, not to start. Completely ridiculous statement to make. Its not like they've been looking for a starter at that spot and nobody really knows what they do or do not have with Robinson anyways.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Do it, We've draft 5 Fs since Trent has become G.M. and we still have a hole. Time to get it right. Hopefully 6 is the lucky number. Cause 7 safety's is going to piss me off!

This is absurd, they've drafted a bunch of late round prospects to fill out special teams, not to start. Completely ridiculous statement to make. Its not like they've been looking for a starter at that spot and nobody really knows what they do or do not have with Robinson anyways.

I still haven't gotten over drafting taylor mays.... Though he was bad ass in madden if you control him, could stuff the run and actually cover the entire field, my friend hated him, he started running to the left side, and even fliped his slot wr to the left just to avoid taylor mays.
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Apr 23, 2013 at 8:33 PM ]
I'm still hearing news around the ESPN and NFL network that 49ers may move around the 15th -20th slot. I hope 49ers do keep the 34th pick still.
  • thl408
How high can the 49ers move up in the draft if they traded their 31st and 34th picks? Just to gauge the value. I'd say 10th?
I think that there is enough quality depth at S that we can pick up a good one where we are without having to move up.

Guess we find out tomorrow!
He is no Vaccaro, but 49ers just got an SEC player FS. Instant Starter.
Originally posted by NinerFan408:
Originally posted by NinerTy:
No wucking fay!!! If u be payin' attention, #29 is going to be the starting safety. Watch what happens Thursday and you will see how the Niners are going to put this team in position to go to and WIN SB48. There will be a safety chosen but, not in the 1st rd. More than likely, either a tight end, or dtackle. Now, if one of the "elite" dt's is there within reach, there may be upward movement; other than that, lower picks will be traded to either move up in mid round or for high picks next year.

How do you KNOW this? you state it as fact. Do you work for the organization?
Wow, Dog! Calm down and take a Benzo or something! Anyone and everyone on this thread (and it ain't even yours!) can say whatever or predict whatever they want (1st amendment, Son). This is a FAN forum. I am a FAN. And FANs come on to post threads (for reaction) and post replies (reaction to threads). Just as YOU have done. All this is is MY thoughts. Right, wrong, true, or false. Oh, and btw, I don't work for the organization. And I venture to say, neither do you!
Share 49ersWebzone