LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

Vaccaro for 1st and 2nd Picks?

If you are the 49ers GM, would you trade 49ers 1st and 2nd rd pick (34th) to move up and get Safety Kenny Vaccaro from Texas? I'm not sure where he is projected or how much is worth to move to between 15th and 20th slot, but, would you make the move and be an instant started at FS?

#1 Rated Safety, Kenny Vaccaro, 6'0 214, 4.63 -40 yd.
No way I would do this. I feel like other safeties (in what's being called the deepest safety class ever) are closing the gap on Vaccaro.
Yes that would work, but no baalke won't do that. Too much given up. There goes our 2 DL starters that we have to give up. Instead we will get our 2 DL starters, and probably move up on the bunch of FS that all seem to be about the same. Certainly harbaugh and trent have their choice as to who is best and yes, I could see us move up into that slot. But i just think moving up 16 slots to get vaccaro is a bridge too far, in that then we won't be able to land the 2 DLs we have to have.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Yes that would work, but no baalke won't do that. Too much given up. There goes our 2 DL starters that we have to give up. Instead we will get our 2 DL starters, and probably move up on the bunch of FS that all seem to be about the same. Certainly harbaugh and trent have their choice as to who is best and yes, I could see us move up into that slot. But i just think moving up 16 slots to get vaccaro is a bridge too far, in that then we won't be able to land the 2 DLs we have to have.

Yeah your right. There goes the 2 DL or 1 DL and 1 S for sure.
Not for 31 & 34, no. I like Vaccaro but not that much.
Giving up a #1 and a high #2 had better get you a game changer. Too much.
Our first and our second (keep KCs second) and a later pick to move into the mid teens and grab Vaccaro.
Yes.
Go DL with KCs second and all is well.
If Vaccaro had the physical abilities of Eric Berry, or Earl Thomas, then yes... but no one in this class is in their class... so no
NEVER!

I think Vaccaro will be a fine player BUT not at that price where we could get 2 peole who'll contribute more over time.

A "High-Pressure" Dline will open up many opportunities for the secondary.

IMO, our pressure DLine [before Justin/Aldon Injuries] made our secondary look better than they were.

If we get an impact DLine guy to come in and help make a real rotation and get a S in the 2nd like Thomas/Swearinger we'll be just fine.

I'm hoping we move up to the low20's and take Best DLine player available. Every year, for one reason or another, quality players fall in the draft. I expect this year to be the same.

I read that the main thing that makes Vaccaro a special S prospect is his ability to man-cover TEs and slot receivers.

Sounds enticing, but we rarely ask our S to do that.
God NO
If he dropped to 20 I would consider it. It would cost considerably less then! But I guess that's unlikely.
Would not give up 31 an 34 for a single player in this class, especially in a buyer's market where we could trade up for less.
Vacarro is good but he is not the type of safety we need.

Cyprien, reed, swearinger are the type of safety we need.
Share 49ersWebzone