There are 163 users in the forums

Phoenix 49ers Post-Boldin Mock Draft

Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
I'd rather have Brandon Williams in tha 3rd I so don't want another mid round pick on a RD not 3 yrz in a row

Did you actually read what I wrote? There's a good chance that Williams is off the board in the mid 2nd, he's been very impressive in team interviews supposedly.

And yes, Lattimore is absolutely good value in the late 3rd round/early 4th round. He's a 1st round talent. Frank Gore isn't getting any younger, Kendall Hunter is coming in off a bad injury. LaMichael James is not a feature back. Lattimore could be the long-term starter taking over for Gore down the road. For a team is heavily run-based, having a great running game is of utmost importance.

Other guys I like here are Brandon Williams, but I'm assuming he goes to Seattle in the 2nd, as well as Quinton Patton who I think goes to Green Bay.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 11, 2013 at 7:25 PM ]
Not a fan of drafting Lattimore, we have enough RBs already.
Originally posted by niners9:
Not a fan of drafting Lattimore, we have enough RBs already.

So which one is going to be your feature back when Gore is done, with however little time he has left? Hunter coming off an injury, or LaMichael James who is a complimentary back at best? 49ers with all their picks have the luxury of taking a premier talent, letting him recover on the IR and be a top future running back.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Why is there only 50 players on the roster? And why would the 49ers giving the lowest possible tender to a 5th CB ST'er have any effect on whether they would draft a CB high.
Originally posted by KID9R:
Why is there only 50 players on the roster? And why would the 49ers giving the lowest possible tender to a 5th CB ST'er have any effect on whether they would draft a CB high.

Because I think there are more significant needs. This defense fell apart last year not because of the secondary, but due to the injury to Justin Smith. More depth is critical. At safety, you're losing Goldson and Whitner is already lousy in coverage, significantly better talented is needed there. You need more depth at NT, as well as at WR where Manningham and Williams are coming off major injuries, Jenkins is unknown and Boldin probably isn't here long-term.

I think they seem inclined to keep Brock, meaning the cornerbacks will be more or less the same as they were last season.
Nice mock
We need to groom a CB now tho a wasted 3rd pick on a RB N no EARLIER CB is such a wrong thing RB are easy to translate in to tha NFL look at all good late round RBs frm past yrz draft CBs need a yr or two before really becoming great ...
Man, I like this mock Phoenix. What I'm having a hard time with is the text-speak answers. I know, it's SO much harder to type out and instead of N. It's called Spelling, Grammar, and Punctuation. Some of you need to look into it.
Originally posted by Beeker:
Man, I like this mock Phoenix. What I'm having a hard time with is the text-speak answers. I know, it's SO much harder to type out and instead of N. It's called Spelling, Grammar, and Punctuation. Some of you need to look into it.

A lot of people access this site on their smartphone. I know I post quite a bit from my phone, so I can understand the need for brevity and the use of shorthand. But that post before yours was pretty terribly written, that much I agree with.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 11, 2013 at 8:15 PM ]
Still say Eifert and Da'Rick would make sense. If Walker does go I wouldn't say its impossible......

Originally posted by jreff22:
Still say Eifert and Da'Rick would make sense. If Walker does go I wouldn't say its impossible......

Eifert will be the 1st TE off the board and will be gone before the 49ers first pick in the 1st round, so that's a non-starter. I do like Rogers, I think he's a 1st round talent with character issues but has an appealing combination of skills to be utilized.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by jreff22:

Eifert will be the 1st TE off the board and will be gone before the 49ers first pick in the 1st round, so that's a non-starter. I do like Rogers, I think he's a 1st round talent with character issues but has an appealing combination of skills to be utilized.
I really think Eifert could slip....obviously its a toss up but having a TE that can catch everything would be nice...and a massive red zone target to boot
Like the mock Phoenix, but we need to trade some of those late rounders for next year. Any draft with Cyprien and I'm on board. Also, wtf is going on with SSF49er on here. Straight thread killer.

A lot of people access this site on their smartphone. I know I post quite a bit from my phone, so I can understand the need for brevity and the use of shorthand. But that post before yours was pretty terribly written, that much I agree with.

Thanks kool kids ill try harder to write everything out just right for y'all you know maybe for some people the push screen action is just not as fast as what I'm trying to get out in my comments AND thoughts ....
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:

Thanks kool kids ill try harder to write everything out just right for y'all you know maybe for some people the push screen action is just not as fast as what I'm trying to get out in my comments AND thoughts ....

I'll apologize. I'm just an old fuddy duddy anyways. Don't take me seriously - no one else does!
[ Edited by Beeker on Mar 11, 2013 at 8:53 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone