There are 58 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Unknown Mock Draft

We usually draft guys that are under the radar or really unknown. Here is my mock draft without trades:

1. Brandon Williams, DT, Missouri Southern
2. Malliciah Goodman, DE, Clemson
3. Cobi Hamilton, WR, Arkansas
3. Will Davis, CB, Utah State
4. Theo Riddick, RB, Notre Dame
5. P.J. Lonergan, C, LSU
5. Mychal Rivera, TE, Tennessee
6. Brett Maher, K, Nebraska
6. Maalik Bomar, OLB, Cincinnati
7. Ryan Katz, QB, San Diego State
7. Luke Marquardt, OT, Azusa Pacific

[ Edited by kingkong916 on Feb 25, 2013 at 8:56 AM ]
Thanks for sharing, it is always good to see another draft and see and explore our options.
I'm waiting for the Alex trade to go thru & free agency before my mock
I understand you not drafting the webzone favorites which is great to see, but it also looks like you over drafted every player selected. Would be very upset it this were the draft, but you never know.
WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER RB
Originally posted by PTulini:
WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER RB

Is it really that BLACK/WHITE to you?
I was very surprised to see Blidi Wreh-Wilson on Mel Kiper's big board at #25 and the #2 CB. Does anyone know anything about him ir seen him play?
It makes absolutely no sense. He's a large zone corner. He doesn't have the best hips so he has to play 5-7 yards off the receiver but he has great length and is a good tackler. Hes not better than banks milliner or Rhodes in any way.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER RB

I also thought that at first. But when I really thought about it, yes we do, Jacobs is a goner, if he was healthy we would've stuck with 4 RB's all season. With Jacobs gone, Gore getting older, Hunter coming off his injury and even though Dixon busted his ass, there will still be competition for him once again. We don't need another speedy RB, yes, but we do need another big back to either take over in the future or bump Dixon off the roster.
Originally posted by eonblue:
It makes absolutely no sense. He's a large zone corner. He doesn't have the best hips so he has to play 5-7 yards off the receiver but he has great length and is a good tackler. Hes not better than banks milliner or Rhodes in any way.

Maybe he went back and looked at his tape more closely. I'm just as surprised as you.
Agree w/Kolohe.

We need to get another big back BUT not early - maybe Jewel Hampton is that guy or a FA?
Originally posted by kingkong916:
We usually draft guys that are under the radar or really unknown. Here is my mock draft without trades:

3. Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, Connecticut
4. Kenjon Barner, RB, Oregon
5. P.J. Lonergan, C, LSU

I like the Malliciah Goodman at #2, however, if we can get a better 5 technique DE, like Datone Jones at #1, it would be better. Maybe two, 5 technique DE's in the first 2 rounds. The draft is loaded with NT. We can get a quality NT, like Geathers, in the 4th. Remember, our NT's play less than 1/3 of defensive snaps. Everyone wants to put us in the nickle. The more DE/DT pocket collapsing types we have to spell Justin and Ray, the better.
WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER RB

I think the niners do need another RB. I think round 6 or 7 though. Stephon Jefferson from Reno gets my vote, played with kaepernick, knows the pistol and is productive.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1509356-college-football-nevadas-stephon-jefferson-to-forego-senior-year-for-nfl-draft
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Agree w/Kolohe.

We need to get another big back BUT not early - maybe Jewel Hampton is that guy or a FA?
Yeah, I agree....we already have hunter and LMJ
Originally posted by kingkong916:

3. Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, Connecticut
4. Kenjon Barner, RB, Oregon
5. P.J. Lonergan, C, LSU

My reaction to just the number of picks is wow, those are a bunch of picks, lol. In looking at the overall picture though and while the trade of Alex Smith would provide some breathing space in the salary cap, I do see us trading away some draft picks for next year draft choices, so that when we are further under the salary cap we can make the selections and make the signings. I also see the first 3 or 4 players that they draft would be going for impact players. Go 49ers!!!