LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 259 users in the forums

Unknown Mock Draft

Originally posted by niteshade80:
Originally posted by kingkong916:
We usually draft guys that are under the radar or really unknown. Here is my mock draft without trades:

1. Brandon Williams, DT, Missouri Southern
2. Malliciah Goodman, DE, Clemson
3. Cobi Hamilton, WR, Arkansas
3. Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, Connecticut
4. Kenjon Barner, RB, Oregon
5. P.J. Lonergan, C, LSU
5. Mychal Rivera, TE, Tennessee
6. Brett Maher, K, Nebraska
6. Maalik Bomar, OLB, Cincinnati
7. Ryan Katz, QB, San Diego State
7. Luke Marquardt, OT, Azusa Pacific

My reaction to just the number of picks is wow, those are a bunch of picks, lol. In looking at the overall picture though and while the trade of Alex Smith would provide some breathing space in the salary cap, I do see us trading away some draft picks for next year draft choices, so that when we are further under the salary cap we can make the selections and make the signings. I also see the first 3 or 4 players that they draft would be going for impact players. Go 49ers!!!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we are going to trade some of our picks to move up or down...this is just if they were to stay with their picks right now. I hope the first 3-4 picks do make an impact right away....i understand rookies need to sit and learn behind vets but I want to see rookies play if some vets aren't performing: oh well, our team is pretty solid anyways
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
Thanks for sharing, it is always good to see another draft and see and explore our options.

Thanks!
Originally posted by Mann716:
I was very surprised to see Blidi Wreh-Wilson on Mel Kiper's big board at #25 and the #2 CB. Does anyone know anything about him ir seen him play?

Eh.. I've seen everyone of his games and he was good against average competition.. Not worth a pick before the 3rd round though, nothing too special about his abilities. Definitely has a chance to be an average starting NFL corner though
Share 49ersWebzone