There are 116 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Scenario: Keenan Allen falls to #31

Scenario: Keenan Allen falls to #31

Originally posted by btthepunk:
Id rather take a receiver who should go in the first than reach for a lineman that will be there in the second.

That said I like Justin Hunter and Tavon Austin more than Allen.


To me, Allen and Patton are the two WR's most likely to step into an NFL lineup from the very first day and become solid contributors. Well developed route running, good hands, willing run blockers, playmakers all over the field, I'd be quite happy with either one.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 14, 2013 at 4:10 PM ]
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
I like Allen but would drafting a WR in round 1 two years in a row be kind of disheartening? I think so. I say we go after Mike Wallace or Greg Jennings and Draft top notch Defensive lineman and CBs and a safety and Lattimore later

They can't afford any of those guys, will people stop with this nonsense already.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
I like Allen but would drafting a WR in round 1 two years in a row be kind of disheartening? I think so. I say we go after Mike Wallace or Greg Jennings and Draft top notch Defensive lineman and CBs and a safety and Lattimore later

They can't afford any of those guys, will people stop with this nonsense already.

If only we were the English Premier League... Anyway we have like 30 draft picks so lets trade up AFTER we draft Keenan Allen assuming he slips to #31, which wont happen.

[ Edited by H41L5ATAN on Feb 23, 2013 at 10:06 PM ]


he didn't get to run at Cal's pro day today because his knee didn't feel well during warm ups. Which brings me back to my original question: do you snatch him at 31? (or 34?)

Allen is gonna slip into the late 2nd round/ early 3rd round at this rate.
Originally posted by vrabbit:


he didn't get to run at Cal's pro day today because his knee didn't feel well during warm ups. Which brings me back to my original question: do you snatch him at 31? (or 34?)


He did nothing at his pro-day? Is he planning on rescheduling? V, you'd know better than me....was he ever considered a diva type at Cal or has he always been a team first kind? (the last question has no connect with the "not running at pro-day", just curious what kind of vibe he puts out)
Originally posted by vrabbit:


he didn't get to run at Cal's pro day today because his knee didn't feel well during warm ups. Which brings me back to my original question: do you snatch him at 31? (or 34?)


You really like Allen a lot huh? I'm open to the idea, he was very highly ranked but a quiet offseason has led him to falling off the radar somewhat. I still think someone will snag him, such as Minnesota or Houston but if he's available.....a WR group of Crabtree, Boldin and Allen, with Jenkins developing enough to hopefully be a poor man's Mike Wallace? That's legit.


Allen is also super young, still has a lot of potential and ability to develop. I would not complain, I think he can be a very good receiver in the NFL and made a huge impact at Cal in spite of shoddy QB play.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 14, 2013 at 4:09 PM ]
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by vrabbit:


he didn't get to run at Cal's pro day today because his knee didn't feel well during warm ups. Which brings me back to my original question: do you snatch him at 31? (or 34?)


He did nothing at his pro-day? Is he planning on rescheduling? V, you'd know better than me....was he ever considered a diva type at Cal or has he always been a team first kind? (the last question has no connect with the "not running at pro-day", just curious what kind of vibe he puts out)

well what I was reminded of today is that he already had a personal workout day scheduled for 4/9 in his hometown so maybe he was waiting all along for that date to run. Reports this morning said he planned to run routes today (but not a 40) but wasn't able to because the knee didn't respond well. He did participate in other stuff and cheered on his former teammates as well. I've never read his name and the word diva in the same sentence during his career and he's always been very committed to being the best (he and Robert Woods would do some friendly trash talk about who was better). He's always been team first IMO and his now ex-teammates all treat him well on twitter.


Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by vrabbit:


he didn't get to run at Cal's pro day today because his knee didn't feel well during warm ups. Which brings me back to my original question: do you snatch him at 31? (or 34?)


You really like Allen a lot huh? I'm open to the idea, he was very highly ranked but a quiet offseason has led him to falling off the radar somewhat. I still think someone will snag him, such as Minnesota or Houston but if he's available.....a WR group of Crabtree, Boldin and Allen, with Jenkins developing enough to hopefully be a poor man's Mike Wallace? That's legit.


Allen is also super young, still has a lot of potential and ability to develop. I would not complain, I think he can be a very good receiver in the NFL and made a huge impact at Cal in spite of shoddy QB play.

Well as a Cal fan, yeah. I keep thinking about how Eric Decker fell to the 87th pick with a much worse injury and look at him now. Allen isn't even injury prone (I believe this is his first major injury). Legbreaker and I are working on a UFR where I basically go on to say WR is no longer a need unless someone falls. If he's there at 34 I don't know how you can pass him up. I don't even think he should get past 31 to be honest.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
well what I was reminded of today is that he already had a personal workout day scheduled for 4/9 in his hometown so maybe he was waiting all along for that date to run. Reports this morning said he planned to run routes today (but not a 40) but wasn't able to because the knee didn't respond well. He did participate in other stuff and cheered on his former teammates as well. I've never read his name and the word diva in the same sentence during his career and he's always been very committed to being the best (he and Robert Woods would do some friendly trash talk about who was better). He's always been team first IMO and his now ex-teammates all treat him well on twitter.



Well as a Cal fan, yeah. I keep thinking about how Eric Decker fell to the 87th pick with a much worse injury and look at him now. Allen isn't even injury prone (I believe this is his first major injury). Legbreaker and I are working on a UFR where I basically go on to say WR is no longer a need unless someone falls. If he's there at 34 I don't know how you can pass him up. I don't even think he should get past 31 to be honest.

I could see him waiting til 4/9 til he's near 100% to do everything then. No sense in risking another setback.

And V thinks everyone from Cal is great when they're actually overrated (coughcoughHOMERcoughcough).
Originally posted by Travisty13:
I could see him waiting til 4/9 til he's near 100% to do everything then. No sense in risking another setback.

And V thinks everyone from Cal is great when they're actually overrated (coughcoughHOMERcoughcough).

LOL. I do think Allen is a very good player. The comparison most often made is Jordy Nelson and I can definitely see that. He looks to be a very good NFL receiver and a trio of Crabtree, Boldin and Allen is going to be painful for any secondary to have to deal with.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
well what I was reminded of today is that he already had a personal workout day scheduled for 4/9 in his hometown so maybe he was waiting all along for that date to run. Reports this morning said he planned to run routes today (but not a 40) but wasn't able to because the knee didn't respond well. He did participate in other stuff and cheered on his former teammates as well. I've never read his name and the word diva in the same sentence during his career and he's always been very committed to being the best (he and Robert Woods would do some friendly trash talk about who was better). He's always been team first IMO and his now ex-teammates all treat him well on twitter.



Well as a Cal fan, yeah. I keep thinking about how Eric Decker fell to the 87th pick with a much worse injury and look at him now. Allen isn't even injury prone (I believe this is his first major injury). Legbreaker and I are working on a UFR where I basically go on to say WR is no longer a need unless someone falls. If he's there at 34 I don't know how you can pass him up. I don't even think he should get past 31 to be honest.

I could see him waiting til 4/9 til he's near 100% to do everything then. No sense in risking another setback.

And V thinks everyone from Cal is great when they're actually overrated (coughcoughHOMERcoughcough).

hey it's not like I'm sitting here trying to talk Isi Sofele up
Originally posted by vrabbit:
hey it's not like I'm sitting here trying to talk Isi Sofele up

Lol very true. I do believe you did before the season started though. Lol
I believe that Jim likes Robert Woods from USC. He attempted to recruit him for Stanford. He could be a late 2nd. With Boldan on board there is no rush at a reciever. We need to draft players that will fill in one or two years from now. DE,NT,CB and Safety. Thats why these free agents are short term sign on's.
have no room for him and we desperatley need to go CB, FS, or Dline
Originally posted by vicrod49:
I believe that Jim likes Robert Woods from USC. He attempted to recruit him for Stanford. He could be a late 2nd. With Boldan on board there is no rush at a reciever. We need to draft players that will fill in one or two years from now. DE,NT,CB and Safety. Thats why these free agents are short term sign on's.

Not to say you're incorrect about jim liking Robert, but I believe everyone in the country recruited Robert. So I doubt that's a reason for drafting someone. Plus just cause Jim recruited them, doesn't mean we will draft them. How many Stanford guys have we drafted that Jim recruited? 0.