LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

quarterback prospects in round 3 area

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
I think you mean San Jose State. SD State has Katz I think

Yep, San Jose. I read Harbaugh recruited him and thought SD.

also Harbaugh's successor at SD is the new coach at SJ and they frequently mentioned that so I bet that caused some issues.
Originally posted by sfout:

also Harbaugh's successor at SD is the new coach at SJ and they frequently mentioned that so I bet that caused some issues.

Isn't Fales only a Junior? I highly doubt he enters the draft early.
Yeah Foles is from SJSU and would be a solid sleeper pick. The first round qbs all look like busts to me. But there was one kid from Purdue that got hurt who looked to have some real potential or I don't know if he's eligible but Oregon's backup to Masoli as well.
I'd have to say Nick Florence from Baylor. After seeing what he did to UCLA last night, I can say that he's got talent. He's not the tallest quarterback prospect at 6'0" but Drew Brees is the same height. I think the Niners should take a look at him.
Wouldn't mind that Fales dude from SJSU.

Dude was beastin in the Military Bowl.
Originally posted by D-Money:
Yeah Foles is from SJSU and would be a solid sleeper pick. The first round qbs all look like busts to me. But there was one kid from Purdue that got hurt who looked to have some real potential or I don't know if he's eligible but Oregon's backup to Masoli as well.
Robert Marve. Former Florida Mr. Football. I love the kid. Played most the season with a torn ACL.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by sfout:

Isn't Fales only a Junior? I highly doubt he enters the draft early.

Yes he is a junior but the QB class this year is atrocious.

top seniors right now

Geno Smith top 15
Matt Barkley top 15, or a fall to top 30
Tyler Wilson, who the hell knows
Landry Jones, Who the hell knows
Matt Glennon, who the hell knows?
EJ Manuel, ???????
Zac Dysert, ???????

From here on I doubt their draftable....
Colin Klein
Alex Carder
Tino Sunseri
Jeff Tuel
Dayne Christ

Juniors that have declared

Tyler Bray

IMHO this guy could, I mean COULD be the 7th(+ or - 2 spots) QB drafted. 2 years ago we had 6 QBs taken before the 40th pick so if he gets a 4th round valuation I might make the jump if I were him.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Mike Glennon in the 3rd.....DO IT!!!

He reminds me of Eli Manning, stands in the pocket till the last second, delivers the ball with touch and accuracy.

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Mike Glennon in the 3rd.....DO IT!!!

He reminds me of Eli Manning, stands in the pocket till the last second, delivers the ball with touch and accuracy.

I've seen talk about him in the first round now. Probably because of this awful qb class..
No way would I pick a QB in the top 3 rounds of this draft with the holes/depth we need filled. The defensive line needs at least 2 players,we need at least 1 OLB, we need a WR,we need at least 1 safety and 1 CB. With 13 to 14 picks it's time for Baalke to move up and down in this draft and add quality players to this roster. Baalke has personnel decisions to make this offseason.

Originally posted by Sjceruti:
Colin Klein might not even get drafted dude...kid cant throw. He's worse than Tebow.

As for the other guys saying EJ Manuel...naaa

Originally posted by Sjceruti:
Originally posted by TommyFrazier:
I say Matt Scott of Arizona or Collin Klein from KSU. Both are not highly regarded in draft terms, but could be valuable mobile backups.

Colin Klein might not even get drafted dude...kid cant throw. He's worse than Tebow.

As for the other guys saying EJ Manuel...naaa

Klein is a much better passer than Tebow...and we're talking about mobile, tough BACKUPS...not more franchise QB's. I like Scott or Klein in the 5th or 6th.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
I wouldn't necessarily say competition, but maybe challenge to be the #2 with Scott Tolzien. I think QB's that could possibly be in our range as of right now pre-Senior Bowl and pre-combine are Tyler Wilson, Landry Jones, Alex Carder, Mike Glennon and Adam Kennedy. Or we can wait and draft a REAL back up in Aaron Murray.

If Tyler Wilson falls to the third, which is crazy talk, we should take him.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by fropwns:
I wouldn't necessarily say competition, but maybe challenge to be the #2 with Scott Tolzien. I think QB's that could possibly be in our range as of right now pre-Senior Bowl and pre-combine are Tyler Wilson, Landry Jones, Alex Carder, Mike Glennon and Adam Kennedy. Or we can wait and draft a REAL back up in Aaron Murray.

If Tyler Wilson falls to the third, which is crazy talk, we should take him.

Well as of right now, we are all over the place with all college prospects. But I think Wilsons stock may have dropped a bit due to all his bad decisions this year and inconsistency. But hes got all the tools IMO, to be a solid NFL starter. With Alex Smith gone, I'd probably take another QB in the 2nd, which would pretty much be the 3rd round. But that's if a Tyler Wilson, Landry Jones or maybe even Tyler Bray. But my QB man-crush is Mike Glennon but it looks like he'll be way outta reach according to numerous draft sites grading him as a 1st round pick.
Well as of right now, we are all over the place with all college prospects. But I think Wilsons stock may have dropped a bit due to all his bad decisions this year and inconsistency. But hes got all the tools IMO, to be a solid NFL starter. With Alex Smith gone, I'd probably take another QB in the 2nd, which would pretty much be the 3rd round. But that's if a Tyler Wilson, Landry Jones or maybe even Tyler Bray. But my QB man-crush is Mike Glennon but it looks like he'll be way outta reach according to numerous draft sites grading him as a 1st round pick.

Way too early IMO, especially with the 49ers having 2 young QB's already. Taking a QB that early means now you're not drafting a cornerback, a WR, a DT, a DE at that spot, all far bigger needs at this point. A QB in Round 4 and lower, fine, but I hope they use picks on people who will contribute right off the bat as this team is terribly lacking depth a variety of positions. If Harbaugh is convinced that Kaepernick is the guy, then he'll have at least another 2 seasons to prove it, drafting a 3rd string quarterback isn't going to get this team to the Superbowl any faster.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 2, 2013 at 7:38 PM ]
Anybody watching bridgewater lighting up florida?

So far 13-18 199 yards 2 tds, start of the third quarter.
[ Edited by fister30 on Jan 2, 2013 at 7:42 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone