Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Garcia:
so he's 6'0 not 6'2 right?

Yes, 6'0", 205.

Damn tiny

lol he's about the same size as Reggie Wayne.

Tiny would be Santana Moss, Wes Welker and Steve Smith.

That all depends on what position he plays. If you are talking about an x receiver on the outside, then I prefer taller guys at 6'3"+ who can tower above DBs for the jump balls.

Jerry Rice does not agree

Jerry Rice doesn't agree ? Did you call him just now after reading my post ? Get him to call me so I can state my case.

Relax, I said "I prefer", meaning that is just my personal preference. I am allowed to have my own preference right ?
Although he is far from being my favourite receivers in the draft, you got to love the story about the kid not knowing the NFL rules and went to buy his own plane ticket and tried to show up at Santa Clara unannounced wanting to get to work right away before mini camp. He landed at the airport, rented a car and called Jim Harbaugh "I am coming in, coach !" and Jim Harbaugh goes "But, you can't be here yet.". LOL.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2013/05/01/harbaugh-already-has-a-favorite-rookie/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29

Love this dudes work ethic! Kind of a derp moment but you gotta give him props lol
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Although he is far from being my favourite receivers in the draft, you got to love the story about the kid not knowing the NFL rules and went to buy his own plane ticket and tried to show up at Santa Clara unannounced wanting to get to work right away before mini camp. He landed at the airport, rented a car and called Jim Harbaugh "I am coming in, coach !" and Jim Harbaugh goes "But, you can't be here yet.". LOL.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2013/05/01/harbaugh-already-has-a-favorite-rookie/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29

Love this dudes work ethic! Kind of a derp moment but you gotta give him props lol

This dude is simply totally psyched to be playing for the 9ers. Did you listen to his conference call with us ? The dude just couldn't contain his excitement and was laughing his head off like some giddy school girl. LOL. I love enthusiastic kids like that. LOL.

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/audio/Conference-Call-Quinton-Patton/2ebd9353-cbe9-4a81-bac0-4be22d6d7e73
Dude will get cut... We need a big body WR
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersHeroine:

• Rascal
  • Veteran

Me too, personally I wanted Justin Hunter, but there is nothing we can do about it now. What's worse ? We signed an even smaller undrafted free agent WR in Chuck Jacobs, the guy is 6' and weighs 178 lbs. LOL.

We don't have a choice now, but to just go with the flow I am afraid. Sigh...
Only watched a couple highlight videos but this guy looks really good

He kinda looks like a bigger victor cruz

Is a big body wr really a need? Yeah I know its nice to have a calvin johnson/larry fitzgerald kind of player. But how many of those types of player contributed to a superbowl win?

LOL which is why we didn't draft one...great logic bro!!!
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

LOL which is why we didn't draft one...great logic bro!!!

I don't think it matters if WRs that we get are tall, all that matters is that they can run great routes and have great hands because of Kap's skill set. Kap doesn't float balls or throw it up for jumpballs, Kap throws lasers all over the field so we need WRs that have those hands to catch those laser balls. Speed compliments Kap but at the 4th round Patton was too good to pass up.

Rice proved that receivers don't need to be tall and fast to be great

Originally posted by rk1642:
Nice looking player. Problem is that we already have that type of player in Crabs don't we?

I'd still rather cut Walker and get a TE that could be like Brent Jones. I think that would add more to our O than another wr at this point.

I guess I'm banking on what Trent said about Jenkins and that he will be our stud wr next year or the year after.

Dunno

And this is why you always want extra's
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by rk1642:
Nice looking player. Problem is that we already have that type of player in Crabs don't we?

I'd still rather cut Walker and get a TE that could be like Brent Jones. I think that would add more to our O than another wr at this point.

I guess I'm banking on what Trent said about Jenkins and that he will be our stud wr next year or the year after.

Dunno

And this is why you always want extra's

I hope you are right about this guy.

Can he contribute this year?
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
I hope you are right about this guy.

Can he contribute this year?

Absolutely, I see him as more ready to contribute than Jenkins was. He can be utilized in a similar manner as Crabtree, he was tremendously productive on third down for La Tech, a good run blocker, had a ridiculously low drop rate, I fully believe in this guy and think he can step up and play a role in replacing Crabtree. I don't think one guy will offset the loss of a stud WR like Crabtree alone, but if Jenkins steps up, if Patton plays to his potential and a healthy Williams and Manningham pitch in, this team might end up even better off as there will be a variety of targets all over the place that teams will have to focus in on.

I'm especially happy at this moment that the 49ers went and acquired Boldin this offseason, that move is looming HUGE right now.
I hope he can step up but my gut says he will need some time like Jenkins and will be in a little over his head this year.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
one of these little punk ass WR's needs to step up nao!
Share 49ersWebzone