Yes, 6'0", 205.

Damn tiny
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Garcia:
so he's 6'0 not 6'2 right?

Yes, 6'0", 205.

Damn tiny

lol he's about the same size as Reggie Wayne.

Tiny would be Santana Moss, Wes Welker and Steve Smith.

Yes, 6'0", 205.

Damn tiny

Kind of irrelevant to me. The way I see it, WRs are either little (sub 5'10"), normal (5'10-6'2), or big (6'3 plus). Within those ranges I don't think it makes a ton of difference.

I would have liked a big WR for us in this draft. But I'd rather have a normal sized one with skills.
  • thl408
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Manningham rarely plays the slot. He's more of an outside guy. Even in New York, he was almost always outside with Cruz working from the slot.

This. Patton played a lot on the outside as well. I find it more likely that Boldin and Jenkins would be working the slot. Boldin lined up in the slot over 60% of the time for Baltimore last year.

Gotcha. It just seemed like Patton was shifty and could be used as a slot. Whereas AJ had speed for the wide out.
One thing that really sticks out to me-and I started at wr and punt returner in high school, so I know a couple things- is that he has super fast reaction time. He's very instinctive to get his head around at the right time, and when he does, his quickness to put his hands exactly in position to snag the ball is absolutely lightning fast. Very good attribute when playing in the west coast offense and using a lot of quick timing routes.
Whenever I see the name Quinton Patton I think of this song...

Originally posted by mkary12:
The difference is all of you wanting Austin would have to take him in the first round. There seems to be a lot of wide receiver depth in the middle rounds, so if we can address other needs in rounds 1-2 and pick up a receiver like Patton, Rogers, Marquess Wilson, Dobson, Jordan Matthews, etc. in the 3rd, that'd be my preference to taking Austin in the 1st.

I wanted Dobson the most probably but I didnt think hed go in the 2nd, I thought Patton would go ahead of him and he'd be available in the 3d. Also wanted Swope towards the end also. Was even crying for Da'Rick Rogers in the 7th. I thought he was worth the risk there.
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:

Yes, 6'0", 205.

Damn tiny

Yeah i know, i just thought he was bigger.
Yeah i know, i just thought he was bigger.

I honestly thought you were being sarcastic. Being 205 at 6'0" as a WR makes you damn stout. Manningham at the same height is about 15-20 pounds lighter.
when i watch his videos, he reminds me a bit of Victor Cruz.

• 9moon
  • Veteran
When all said and done, Patton may just be the best player we drafted from this Class.. I saw the game vs Texas A&M, and that's the first time I saw him... While watching him catches after catches (21 balls i think), the only WR that I can think of that is similar to his style was John Stallworth..

I'm not sure if he will have the same career, but I swear, I was watching a next coming of John Stallworth..
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
anyone got the measurements on his dong?
  • Rascal
  • Veteran

Yes, 6'0", 205.

Damn tiny

That all depends on what position he plays. If you are talking about an x receiver on the outside, then I prefer taller guys at 6'3"+ who can tower above DBs for the jump balls.
Originally posted by Rascal:

Yes, 6'0", 205.

Damn tiny

That all depends on what position he plays. If you are talking about an x receiver on the outside, then I prefer taller guys at 6'3"+ who can tower above DBs for the jump balls.

Jerry Rice does not agree
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Although he is far from being my favourite receivers in the draft, you got to love the story about the kid not knowing the NFL rules and went to buy his own plane ticket and tried to show up at Santa Clara unannounced wanting to get to work right away before mini camp. He landed at the airport, rented a car and called Jim Harbaugh "I am coming in, coach !" and Jim Harbaugh goes "But, you can't be here yet.". LOL.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2013/05/01/harbaugh-already-has-a-favorite-rookie/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29
Share 49ersWebzone