LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 218 users in the forums

Who had the BEST draft in your guys opinions?

Im sure Ill be lonely with this opinion but I'd say Seahawks.

Bruce Irvin - Wade Phillips and the 49ers both really liked him as a player. I think both Wade Phillips and the 49ers liked another pass rusher last year but I forget his name.

Wagner - I think he starts week 1 for them.

Russel Wilson - Steal of the draft imo

Robert Turbin - I think he has a chance to be really good as well.
Originally posted by natrone06:

Bruce Irvin - Wade Phillips and the 49ers both really liked him as a player. I think both Wade Phillips and the 49ers liked another pass rusher last year but I forget his name.

not even a top 5 steal in this draft

Bengals
Colts
Eagles
Rams
Dolphins
Ravens
Texans
patriots

Yeah, I think they had a strong draft too. Wilson could be a steal. He's a smart guy and will have some time to sit and learn. Who knows what they have in Flynn? Wilson is nice insurance down the road.
Originally posted by strickac:

Yeah, I think they had a strong draft too. Wilson could be a steal. He's a smart guy and will have some time to sit and learn. Who knows what they have in Flynn? Wilson is nice insurance down the road.

Wilson wont last playing against the 49ers twice a year
  • WWFGD
  • Veteran
Trent Baalke
Colts and the Rams had pretty damn good drafts. Easy to do when you pick that high. However, both teams seem to have neglected their OL. The Rams OL sucks and they regularly face some pretty tough defensive front 7s. I would think they would have drafted some OL pretty high. The Colts also failed to improve their OL. Luck is going to struggle without a better OL in Indy.... even with Fleener and Reggie Wayne to throw to.
Originally posted by nw9erfan:
Originally posted by jimrat:
Bengals

Hands down.....their draft will go down as one of the best in NFL history.......seriously.

Wow, just took a closer look at their picks. I agree... they won it hands down. Good mix of offense and defense, skills and linemen. Sanu and Jones were two of the better WRs in the draft. Zietler was the 2nd best interior OL. Kirkpatrick is a solid pick.... what a haul.

And all they had to do was hand over their overrated QB to the Raiders for their entire draft... I wish we had an overrated QB that we could offload to the Raiders (or Redskins) for tons of picks.
I loved Cincinnati's draft.
Originally posted by SF69ers:

I think the only one who probably wouldn't love it would be Skip Bayless, who always finds a way to go against the majority. Did I hear he was recently arguing AGAINST RG3 and FOR Cousins?

CIncy had the best draft. No question in my mind. Others I liked:

Rams
Eagles
Packers
Steelers
Bills
Panthers
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by SF69ers:

I think the only one who probably wouldn't love it would be Skip Bayless, who always finds a way to go against the majority. Did I hear he was recently arguing AGAINST RG3 and FOR Cousins?

Wouldn't surprise me at all lulz.
The Browns

they landed their starting RB and QB
The Bengals had the best. Their top 4 guys were all considered first rounders at some point in a lot of mocks and will have impact. 3 to 5 starters for them on a young team that made the playoffs last year.

Also the Colts. Franchise QB who is the best in a long time trumps over other picks, and they kept adding pieces for him to grow with, setting a foundation for years to come.
Based off of mock draft and perceived value of players entering the draft... obviously the Bengals.

One of my favorites though that hasn't been brought up much is the Buffalo Bills. I think they improved their team a lot heading into the 2012 season.

Unlike our division rivals Arizona, they realized they had a huge need on the offensive line and addressed it early and throughout the draft. They selected what many felt was a first round prospect in Cordy Glenn in the 2nd round, and picked up a 4 year starter in Zebrie Sanders in the 4th round. Time will tell if Glenn is a fit at LT, but at worst he figures to anchor the interior next to youngsters Levitre and Wood. I would be shocked if Sanders doesn't take hold of the RT spot sooner rather than later over incumbent Erik Pears. They also added more OG guard depth later by adding Oregon guard Mark Asper.

CB Stephon Gilmore was a late riser entering the draft, and should give the Bills a solid #1 CB they've lacked since Clements and Winfield left town. They also added quality depth with CB Ron Brooks and LB's Nigel Bradham and Tank Carder in the middle rounds. All of figure to make the team and contribute on ST's right away. Bradham and Carder IMO were steals where they were drafted and could eventually push the older vets Kirk Morrison and Nick Barnett for playing time in a year or two.

My only issue with their draft was finding quality WR's. T.J. Graham looks to be a huge reach in the 3rd round, as they passed on Mohammed Sanu, Chris Givens and Joe Adams. Time will tell if that wont come back to haunt them. Still I really like their draft a lot and felt they helped themselves out tremendously.
Share 49ersWebzone