LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 150 users in the forums

Who had the BEST draft in your guys opinions?

Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Ask me in 3 years.

This
Originally posted by juycho:
49ers

THIS BY A MILE!!!!!!
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nw9erfan:
Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:
17 Bengals Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama
27 Bengals Kevin Zeitler OG Wisconsin
53 Bengals Devon Still DT Penn State
83 Bengals Mohamed Sanu WR Rutgers
93 Bengals Brandon Thompson DT Clemson
116 Bengals Orson Charles TE Georgia
156 Bengals Shaun Prater CB Iowa
166 Bengals Marvin Jones WR California
167 Bengals George Iloka S Boise State
191 Bengals Dan Herron RB Ohio State

The Bengals by a MILE! Look at that haul!!!!! Oh how their fortunes have changed in just a couple years. They're STACKING their lineup with talent, good for them.

I have to agree with this... There is a possibility the Bengals could get as many as 9 starters from this draft. That may be a record. Even if they get 5 starters, which seems likely, this draft class may go down as one of the best ever. Personally, I haven't seen one like it in many, many years.....quality talent from top to bottom. Terrific job.
This

I think they used ESPN rankings to scout for their team. Only reason everyone's on their nuts this draft. They got 3 guys that a bunch of people thought we might get, kirkpatrick, zeitler and Sanu. Popularity picks.

They could get 9 starters from this draft? LOL. I guess they "could" but their odds are the same as any team, busts happen.
It looks like the Bengals.

It will depend on their coaching staff to take them to the next level.

Look what good coaching did for us.
The Browns
Seahawks
Originally posted by mike:
Originally posted by nw9erfan:
Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:
17 Bengals Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama
27 Bengals Kevin Zeitler OG Wisconsin
53 Bengals Devon Still DT Penn State
83 Bengals Mohamed Sanu WR Rutgers
93 Bengals Brandon Thompson DT Clemson
116 Bengals Orson Charles TE Georgia
156 Bengals Shaun Prater CB Iowa
166 Bengals Marvin Jones WR California
167 Bengals George Iloka S Boise State
191 Bengals Dan Herron RB Ohio State

The Bengals by a MILE! Look at that haul!!!!! Oh how their fortunes have changed in just a couple years. They're STACKING their lineup with talent, good for them.

I have to agree with this... There is a possibility the Bengals could get as many as 9 starters from this draft. That may be a record. Even if they get 5 starters, which seems likely, this draft class may go down as one of the best ever. Personally, I haven't seen one like it in many, many years.....quality talent from top to bottom. Terrific job.
This

I think they used ESPN rankings to scout for their team. Only reason everyone's on their nuts this draft. They got 3 guys that a bunch of people thought we might get, kirkpatrick, zeitler and Sanu. Popularity picks.

They could get 9 starters from this draft? LOL. I guess they "could" but their odds are the same as any team, busts happen.

I totally agree. I was reading an article on the Giants, they avoid high priced FA's and draft for building a team around the players. From what I can tell the Niners drafted players they want to build around in their evolving system, which is versatility, multiple fronts, and the ability to move the ball on offense.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by natrone06:
Im sure Ill be lonely with this opinion but I'd say Seahawks.

Bruce Irvin - Wade Phillips and the 49ers both really liked him as a player. I think both Wade Phillips and the 49ers liked another pass rusher last year but I forget his name.

Wagner - I think he starts week 1 for them.

Russel Wilson - Steal of the draft imo

Robert Turbin - I think he has a chance to be really good as well.

not even a top 5 steal in this draft

Bengals
Colts
Eagles
Rams
Dolphins
Ravens
Texans

redskins after tonight
Yeah Morris and rg3 are going to be a scary combo for years.

Bruce Irvin - Wade Phillips and the 49ers both really liked him as a player. I think both Wade Phillips and the 49ers liked another pass rusher last year but I forget his name.

Bengals
Colts
Eagles
Rams
Dolphins
Ravens
Texans

b*****d

Bengals
Colts
Eagles
Rams
Dolphins
Ravens
Texans

b*****d

lol, jood job natrone though! Great calls.

Bengals
Colts
Eagles
Rams
Dolphins
Ravens
Texans

b*****d

Haha yeah I wish I was wrong too.
Haha yeah I wish I was wrong too.

The draft is witchcraft. The moment you believe you have figured it all out, it shames everyone, Kuddos to you for calling the Seahawks. I loved the Wagner pick, and graded him out predraft as a midfirst round value, but thought Seahawks overvalued both Irvin and Wilson. Really wrong so far.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
The drafts I like the best (not counting Niners):

1. Bengals
2. Eagles
3. Packers
4. Rams
5. Steelers

1 - I still really like the Bengals Draft. And they had the UDFA pick up the year with Burfict.
2 - Philly got Fletcher Cox who has had a great rookie year, I thought he was the best DT so I got that, Foles played okay and may have a future. Kendricks started since day one. Bryce Brown has worked out well.
3 - Perry and Worthy didn't do much, but I loved the Hayward pick and its worked out pretty good
4 - Brockers played well, Jenkins will be a candidate for rookie of the year, Trumaine Johnson was decent, Givens looked good, Quick might work out, Pead has been a bust so far despite my prediction
5- Not a good draft so far, but I still think DeCastro/Mike Adams may redeem the draft for them. But so far I got their draft really wrong.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Jan 2, 2013 at 1:34 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone