LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

MadDog's Niners Draft Grade and Analysis for 2012 NFL Draft

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by joey82:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Coming from the guy who wanted JJ Watt over Aldon Smith, yeah, lost your credibility a long time ago. D's and F's for the first 2 picks? lmao

If you are going to give a guy s**t when he gets it wrong you can at least give him props when he gets it right. He was right on N. Davis, Rachal and Mays just for example.

I appreciate the time you put into this draft to share your thoughts and I realize that your opinions are just that opinions.

Damn I'm glad he was so right about those guys. He was right about a retard, a fatass, and another overrated USC product

Just being honest.

OTC and Maddog put a ton of work and effort into doing this. I appreciate it, and while I don't agree with some of his opinions I don't see the reason to be a dick about it either.

Because Maddog treats people the same way which is why he got banned.....oh wait nvm he didn't
While I appreciate the effort you put into the post, an F and a D grade for the first two picks is crazy talk.
Round 2- LaMichael James- Quick, shifty RB who can make players miss, and has potential to make big plays on offense. Rotational, third down back, who will probably play 10 snaps per game. And, therein lies the problem. The team is stocked at RB, with Gore, who is a three down back, Hunter, who is a similar back to James, and Brandon Jacobs. James may get his hands on the ball 3-4 times a game, and I just don't think this is good value for a second round selection. The team could have found a similar type player with even more explosiveness in Chris Rainey, about 4 rounds later. Grade: D.

But MadDog, I don't see Gore and Jacobs both making the team next year. Both are past their prime. As it stood before the draft, this was an old (Gore/Jacobs), undersized (Hunter) and ineffective (Dixon) group of backs. It looks like the team has James slated for a starting job, maybe sooner then we think.
Originally posted by SBinMT:
Round 2- LaMichael James- Quick, shifty RB who can make players miss, and has potential to make big plays on offense. Rotational, third down back, who will probably play 10 snaps per game. And, therein lies the problem. The team is stocked at RB, with Gore, who is a three down back, Hunter, who is a similar back to James, and Brandon Jacobs. James may get his hands on the ball 3-4 times a game, and I just don't think this is good value for a second round selection. The team could have found a similar type player with even more explosiveness in Chris Rainey, about 4 rounds later. Grade: D.

But MadDog, I don't see Gore and Jacobs both making the team next year. Both are past their prime. As it stood before the draft, this was an old (Gore/Jacobs), undersized (Hunter) and ineffective (Dixon) group of backs. It looks like the team has James slated for a starting job, maybe sooner then we think.

Interestingly, Hunter/James/Dixon is a very Thomas/Sproles/Ingram-esque group, and the Saints had an extremely dynamic rushing attack. Of course, Gore isn't chopped liver yet, and Gore/Hunter/James is even better.
MadDog -

What would it take for you to change your 1st and 2nd round grades from F & D to B or better?

Based on how I read your analysis, if Jenkins becomes a very solid 2nd and LM becomes a X-Factor player (Bush/Sproles) you would still give them Fs and Ds. Is that accurate?
More explosive than LaMichael James? A D-? Ninja please...

Harbaugh thinks he can be an "every down back", even though he's diminutive in size. It's inevitable that he'll put on some weight in the pros, so maybe he can be a more rugged Jahvid Best.

Drafting this guy in the 2nd is sexy and I love it!
The 49ers clearly decided that the premium picks were going to be used to add dimensions on offense. Incidentally, that was our biggest need. Personally, I'm surprised they were so down on Stephen Hill and Reuben Randle, since those guys project as future stars in my eyes. But what do I know. The 49ers may very well have come away with their favorite playmakers in the entire draft not named Richardson and Blackmon.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Keep it civil. Or else.
these grades are ridiculous!! i have so much to say and I call BS all over the place but in fear of the lynching of the noob by "The Niners Webzone Kids" I will digress. But I guess the Yorks real failing is not hiring the webzone geniusess to run the shop cause they are by far superior to Baalke and Harbs in every way. They will regret this. Waaaah Waaaah they suck.. didnt pick the players with names and hype I followed for months.... Aj had almost the same grade as Blackmon. LMJ shocked me but I see why they took him. The guy is a stud and a weapon. What do you get the person that has everything for christmas? they filled holes with quality players, totally pleased and happy with this draft.

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Coming from the guy who wanted JJ Watt over Aldon Smith, yeah, lost your credibility a long time ago. D's and F's for the first 2 picks? lmao

If you are going to give a guy s**t when he gets it wrong you can at least give him props when he gets it right. He was right on N. Davis, Rachal and Mays just for example.

I appreciate the time you put into this draft to share your thoughts and I realize that your opinions are just that opinions.

Damn I'm glad he was so right about those guys. He was right about a retard, a fatass, and another overrated USC product

LOL
lol Gotta respect Maddog for putting his balls out on the chopping block like this knowing full well he's going to collect alot of hate for it. If James and Jenkins end up being stars this thread is going to be bumped frequently.
  • jdean
  • Veteran

And Adam carricker over Patrick Willis.
Lmao I don't miss this place at all
Originally posted by jdean:

And Adam carricker over Patrick Willis.

half the webzone wanted carricker over willis
Share 49ersWebzone