LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

MadDog's Niners Draft Grade and Analysis for 2012 NFL Draft

Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
All I read was "I had Jenkins at 33 and think he could be a good player but since we didn't do what I wanted them to do I give them an F. They should have traded up for Decastro. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Our FO sucks waaaah waaaaah waaaaah"

Your draft analysis completely blows cock like always. There's a reason why your opinions are laughed at. I have no idea how you have been labeled as some draft guru as the few years that I have lurked On this board you have been wrong most of the time. Anybody can copy/paste a big board together and move some names around. I'm glad we don't have amateurs like yourself running our FO.

Ouch.
So much hate in this thread.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Md also hated the Aldon Smith pick so hopefully this turns out the same.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Warnings are being handed out, bannings will follow soon so knock it off.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Yeah, I agree about Jenkins, not necessarily the grade, but him being a #2. I think he would be an excellent #3 with Crabtree being our #2. Hence, we still need to get a #1. Maybe, next year with all our picks we can do something.

Just out of interest - and I am of the school that still believes WRs take til 3rd year to show true color so I wouldn't expect AJ to be the #1, #2 or whatever this year, what is your take on Manningham?

As for the OP, grading the pick of someone at #30, that he considered a possible #33, is ridiculous to call it an F.

I think anyone overly critical of AJ, and James, is overestimating what we had at the RB and WR positions.

Moss, Jacobs, Gore - fall into categories of getting older, not long left (contract, career or both)

Manningham, Crabtree, Ginn, Williams, Swain, Hunter, Dixon - all fall into categories of short contract length, or yet to convince they deserve to be here for the new stadium.

There are likely other names I'm forgetting just now, but the only members of our backfield (including QBs) that I am convinced will be in our roster for 1st game at new stadium in 2014, are a TE and a FB.

I think many have the chance - but not many on our offensive roster stand out as definites.

Like many of the players above, AJ and James have the chance to be there - and they offer something different to what we had already, and add competition.

IMHO I'd grade them both as Cs - as both may have been available with a trade back - but you never know if there were any tradeback options - and neither were likely to be available by the time our next pick came up.

Picking someone that would defintely have been available with our next pick is quite possibly the only criteria that ever justifies an F.

As for the draft overall - it gives us new options offensively, offers some potential in later rounds, and gave us some great extra picks next year - my initial feeling is to give it a B overall.
Originally posted by Janitor:

What happened?
Jenkins and James fill an important offensive deficiency, they are going to be used like Aldon last year in very specific roles and this coaching staff will get good results from it. We picked up 3rd, 5th and 6th rounder for next year and added speed, pass catchers and OLB depth in FA and the draft. This off season was an A.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

What happened?

Rule breaking, namely attacking maddog and breaking rule 1
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

What happened?

Rule breaking, namely attacking maddog and breaking rule 1

Ok, I didn't though right? I only disagreed, didn't attack.
Trent Baalke... Executive of the Year.

I bet it still hurts.

Originally posted by joey82:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Coming from the guy who wanted JJ Watt over Aldon Smith, yeah, lost your credibility a long time ago. D's and F's for the first 2 picks? lmao

If you are going to give a guy s**t when he gets it wrong you can at least give him props when he gets it right. He was right on N. Davis, Rachal and Mays just for example.

I appreciate the time you put into this draft to share your thoughts and I realize that your opinions are just that opinions.
This. Thanks MadDog

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Don't care what you think, lol

LaMike gets a D

lol
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by joey82:
Coming from the guy who wanted JJ Watt over Aldon Smith, yeah, lost your credibility a long time ago. D's and F's for the first 2 picks? lmao

If you are going to give a guy s**t when he gets it wrong you can at least give him props when he gets it right. He was right on N. Davis, Rachal and Mays just for example.

I appreciate the time you put into this draft to share your thoughts and I realize that your opinions are just that opinions.
This. Thanks MadDog
jesus yes. Maddog just did what everyone else does,, he gives his opinion on things and unless I did not read things right,, he never flamed anyone and there is no reason why some of you have go off on him so you disagree with his first two picks, so do i but do you really have to crucify him.Jesus it seems like everytime the man posts something,, you got a mob that breaks out the pitchforks and torches. and the above poster is right,, give him some credit for being right where so many others were wrong,,, nate davis, mays etc etc.jesus
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
people who loved taylor mays and nate davis and ripped the dog when he dared to disagree with them should talk about credibility
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Trent Baalke... Executive of the Year.

I bet it still hurts.

Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Don't care what you think, lol

LaMike gets a D

lol

Don't know why people think he is a scat back or just a speedster. He is a way more tough and physical runner then people give him credit for.
Share 49ersWebzone