There are 159 users in the forums

Day 3 - Draft General Discussion

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
He probably had the least reason of any of the other fallers to fall (atleast as of what we know). Dennard may be in prison and struggled mightily in the Senior Bowl and Bowl Game. Minnifield has a significant injury red flag.

It's funny that we took a player ranked higher on internet draft pundits boards with our 7th round pick than our 1st round pick.

Hyperbole? Was Johnson really in the top 75 on boards? I know Jenkins was in that area on some.

yes he was, Mayock and other talking heads liked him in the 2nd.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
who the f**k is this old guy

he should announce all the picks in the drafts lol

the draft will be a 24 hr event if that was the case

"i dont know what he does at night"

lol
Poor old guy, didnt know the year this draft was.
WOW, Mel Kiper Jr just started using a computer 3 years ago.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Good day. Shored up the depth at the interior o-line and OLB and snagged a very good safety prospect. Good work!
We still need a #1 reciever. Jenkins projects ideally as a #3 in the slot. But, that we can talk about in next years draft.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Poor old guy, didnt know the year this draft was.

LOL.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
No, because I would've chosen differently, not talking about the players but more about the positions. For instance, I wouldn't have chosen a OL just now, I would've focused on the secondary or the DL. No real competition on our DL and we need more depth or competition to push Brock, Culliver and Spillman.

Will, Ian, and Demarcus will meet you in the schoolyard after class and see if they can't modify your opinion...
Originally posted by mayo49:
Good day. Shored up the depth at the interior o-line and OLB and snagged a very good safety prospect. Good work!
We still need a #1 reciever. Jenkins projects ideally as a #3 in the slot. But, that we can talk about in next years draft.

Jenkins is the next Mike Wallace.

That would be sweet. If he produces like a #1 . . . then he's a #1. Can't wait to find out.

So I have a question for you. Who was the #1 receiver for the Rams with the greatest show on turf? Would that be Isaac Bruce or Tory Holt? If you have enough competent WRs, who gives a s**t who the #1 is.

having a #1 wr is all nice and everything but if you can have multiple wrs that can constantly get open thats good as well. that was our problem last yr and we took major steps to fix that problem, but jenkins has mike wallace potential and his speed will make things so much easier for crabtree and others
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

That would be nice.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:

So I have a question for you. Who was the #1 receiver for the Rams with the greatest show on turf? Would that be Isaac Bruce or Tory Holt? If you have enough competent WRs, who gives a s**t who the #1 is.

Sounds good, man.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
having a #1 wr is all nice and everything but if you can have multiple wrs that can constantly get open thats good as well. that was our problem last yr and we took major steps to fix that problem, but jenkins has mike wallace potential and his speed will make things so much easier for crabtree and others

So long as he has a QB who can throw him open and hit him in stride...

Something he sorely lacked at Illinois, and even then he accounted for half their offense.
He does, he was drafted in the 2nd round last year. I don't expect CK to be the man this year, but with some actual off season and TC I think so.
Share 49ersWebzone