LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

Rams had a first round grade on AJ Jenkins

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
That's fine and dandy but the Rams scouting department is nothing to brag about.
Originally posted by susweel:
That's fine and dandy but the Rams scouting department is nothing to brag about.

the rams new GM is the falcons head of scouting for like last 15 years

they guy who scouted roddy white julio jones etc

seriously though when was the last time falcons messed up on a WR? they have always had great WRs
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

seriously though when was the last time falcons messed up on a WR? they have always had great WRs

make me fall in love with this pick even more!!!!!
Originally posted by ptran49ers:

make me fall in love with this pick even more!!!!!

so that means quick and givens are gonna be pain in the asses if he never missed
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
so that means quick and givens are gonna be pain in the asses if he never missed

I wanted Brian Quick

Actually, ATL has been trying to stock their WR corps for many years. That's why they gave up so much for Julio. Julio was an obvious talent. Roddy white was a solid pick. They also found Laurent Robinson. They did miss big on Michael Jenkins though. Harry Douglas was a decent pick. He's performed similar to his draft expectations. I wouldn't say ATL scouted any better than anyone else.

This is the same guy the drafted 1st rounders: Jimmy Williams, Jamaal Anderson, Jerry Peria... in consecutive years
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by strickac:
Actually, ATL has been trying to stock their WR corps for many years. That's why they gave up so much for Julio. Julio was an obvious talent. Roddy white was a solid pick. They also found Laurent Robinson. They did miss big on Michael Jenkins though. Harry Douglas was a decent pick. He's performed similar to his draft expectations. I wouldn't say ATL scouted any better than anyone else.

This is the same guy the drafted 1st rounders: Jimmy Williams, Jamaal Anderson, Jerry Peria... in consecutive years

Good knowledge
This isn't me trying to hate on the pick because I like what we're trying to do with the Jennings pick.

But if the Rams thought that highly of Jennings they would have taken him at 14. Them having equal with Blackmon could also mean they didn't think that highly of Blackmon.

All reports were they would have selected him at the top of the 2nd round so that justifies the Jennings pick not being that much of a reach but that's not showing that we got a steal and everyone wanted him.
Jennings? Seriously?
Originally posted by tjd808185:
This isn't me trying to hate on the pick because I like what we're trying to do with the Jennings pick.

But if the Rams thought that highly of Jennings they would have taken him at 14. Them having equal with Blackmon could also mean they didn't think that highly of Blackmon.

All reports were they would have selected him at the top of the 2nd round so that justifies the Jennings pick not being that much of a reach but that's not showing that we got a steal and everyone wanted him.

I see what you're saying but they really liked Brockers and were not going to miss out on him. I think they've said he was going to be their pick at 6 if they didn't trade down with DAL.

And not to be a dick but it's Jenkins...and I would suggest watching any tape of his you can get your hands on. Watch him a bit and there's no chance you'll forget his name any day soon.
[ Edited by Baugh_Area on May 5, 2012 at 6:56 PM ]

Good knowledge

If you blame this dude for all of the previous regime's bad picks, then you would have to blame Baalke for all of McClueless' clunkers. The guy has a good rep. and was kept on even when a new GM came in.
Originally posted by Baugh_Area:

I see what you're saying but they really liked Brockers and were not going to miss out on him. I think they've said he was going to be their pick at 6 if they didn't trade down with DAL.

And not to be a dick but it's Jenkins...and I would suggest watching any tape of his you can get your hands on. Watch him a bit and there's no chance you'll forget his name any day soon.

I'm really hoping he turns out to be a Greg Jennings clone so that's how I mixed the names up.

Like I said I'm not hating on the pick, I just don't think this Rams wanted him matters. They didn't take him at 14 and they didn't trade up for him so I'm going to assume they had a late 1st, early 2nd round grade on him.
As far as watching goes. I'll leave the Youtube wannabe scouts for someone else so I'll see him in a Niner jersey come September.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on May 5, 2012 at 7:43 PM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
"But, but, but I never heard of him before. He is the SSSuuuuxxxooorrrss.... I wanted Coby Fleener or Hill. Those are the real stars. Never heard of this guy. He wasn't rated high by Maddog and on the clock. We got SSSuuuuxxxooorrrss pick....."
I lold
I find it very difficult to use the suggestion of the Rams wanting AJ. I would rather like to think that our GM knows better. Just saying.

i do not think any GM hits on every pick. plus he was the head of scouting.. not the GM he didnt PICK those guys he just helped. the GM makes the final decision that he thinks is the best player
Share 49ersWebzone