LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

Rams had a first round grade on AJ Jenkins

Rams also have a history of drafting awful players.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ItsKapTime:

So it's probably a good thing for them that they have a new head coach and GM to draft players now.
Umm, news flash: They have a whole new regime take over. A group of guys that have had a very successful resume.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by strickac:
Actually, ATL has been trying to stock their WR corps for many years. That's why they gave up so much for Julio. Julio was an obvious talent. Roddy white was a solid pick. They also found Laurent Robinson. They did miss big on Michael Jenkins though. Harry Douglas was a decent pick. He's performed similar to his draft expectations. I wouldn't say ATL scouted any better than anyone else.

This is the same guy the drafted 1st rounders: Jimmy Williams, Jamaal Anderson, Jerry Peria... in consecutive years

Good knowledge

If you blame this dude for all of the previous regime's bad picks, then you would have to blame Baalke for all of McClueless' clunkers. The guy has a good rep. and was kept on even when a new GM came in.

I'm not blaming him. I'm just pointing out that their drafts haven't been that spectacular. They hit a home run with the Ryan draft, but again, when you have someone like Ryan on the board, it's an easy pick.
I will take it. Here are some thoughts on some players taken in the draft........also talks about Floyd being number 1, and jenkins 2 in WR overall rating.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/05/02/insider-cousins-could-be-steal-for-skins

Posted May 02, 2012 @ 10:26 a.m. ET
By PFW staff
The following quotes are from NFL scouts, coaches and front-office personnel, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

I included the ones below with reviews of Zeitler, Decastro, Jenkins, Blackmon, Molk vs Konz, Alshon Jeffrey

Don't know how official these quotes are but interesting quotes.......a lot of which I agree with

DeCastro was not rated as high by everyone, and Zeitler to some had a higher rating
Jenkins was the #2 on the board after Floyd (Blackmon had an attitude problem)
Molk was as good as Konz and went in the sixth round
Alshon Jeffrey was picked way too high

• "We had Kevin Zeitler higher on the board than (David) DeCastro, whose best asset is his initial quickness. He's not strong or powerful. I don't know where all the hype came from. If you had to take him where it sounded like you needed to take him, you might be wrong, I thought."

• "The biggest shocker, I thought, was how high (South Carolina's) Alshon Jeffery went. We had him in the sixth round. I don't think he can separate at our level or get off the press. He lost all that weight to run a good 40-time but it's not natural. He's not a worker. I thought it was very rich. We had (Shea) McClellin in the third (round)."

• "We did not have Justin Blackmon as our top receiver. We would not have taken him at all. We brought him in for a visit. He's not a bad kid. There's just an arrogance there. Michael Floyd was at the top of our board, and (Illinois WR)A.J. Jenkins was next."

• "(Michigan DT) David Molk is a good center if you can live with a 6-foot guy. Watch him against all the same players that (Peter) Konz faced and he outplayed every one of them. We wouldn't have drafted (Molk), but I liked the tape."
[ Edited by Oldschool9erfan on May 14, 2012 at 3:27 PM ]
Originally posted by Oldschool9erfan:
I will take it. Here are some thoughts on some players taken in the draft........also talks about Floyd being number 1, and jenkins 2 in WR overall rating.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/05/02/insider-cousins-could-be-steal-for-skins

Posted May 02, 2012 @ 10:26 a.m. ET
By PFW staff
The following quotes are from NFL scouts, coaches and front-office personnel, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

I included the ones below with reviews of Zeitler, Decastro, Jenkins, Blackmon, Molk vs Konz, Alshon Jeffrey

Don't know how official these quotes are but interesting quotes.......a lot of which I agree with

DeCastro was not rated as high by everyone, and Zeitler tp some had a higher rating
Jenkins was the #2 on the board after Floyd (Blackmon had an attitude problem)
Molk was as good as Konz and went in the sixth round
Alshon Jeffrey was picked way too high

• "We had Kevin Zeitler higher on the board than (David) DeCastro, whose best asset is his initial quickness. He's not strong or powerful. I don't know where all the hype came from. If you had to take him where it sounded like you needed to take him, you might be wrong, I thought."

• "The biggest shocker, I thought, was how high (South Carolina's) Alshon Jeffery went. We had him in the sixth round. I don't think he can separate at our level or get off the press. He lost all that weight to run a good 40-time but it's not natural. He's not a worker. I thought it was very rich. We had (Shea) McClellin in the third (round)."

• "We did not have Justin Blackmon as our top receiver. We would not have taken him at all. We brought him in for a visit. He's not a bad kid. There's just an arrogance there. Michael Floyd was at the top of our board, and (Illinois WR)A.J. Jenkins was next."

• "(Michigan DT) David Molk is a good center if you can live with a 6-foot guy. Watch him against all the same players that (Peter) Konz faced and he outplayed every one of them. We wouldn't have drafted (Molk), but I liked the tape."

Nice read.

But really all it proves is that you can always get SOMEONE to say SOMETHING totally ridiculous.

Of course we also have the Webzone for that, except that here you get a WHOLE LOT of people saying ridiculous stuff.
Originally posted by ItsKapTime:

They have a recent history of drafting solid receivers too though. They just can't stay healthy lol.

Better then us thats for sure.
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Nice read.

But really all it proves is that you can always get SOMEONE to say SOMETHING totally ridiculous.

Of course we also have the Webzone for that, except that here you get a WHOLE LOT of people saying ridiculous stuff.

I don't think it's ridiculous stuff, I think a lot of it is right on target.

DeCastro is not all world.

Alshon Jeffrey was drafted way too high.

• "We did not have Justin Blackmon as our top receiver. We would not have taken him at all. We brought him in for a visit. He's not a bad kid. There's just an arrogance there. Michael Floyd was at the top of our board, and (Illinois WR)A.J. Jenkins was next." - This one too, with Justin Blackmon.....I don't think this guy is going to be that good in the NFL, he will be average and if he cops an attitude he might not make it. The more I read about Jenkins the more I like him and he got better every year in college and hasn't scratched his full potential yet. I think he can be as good or better than any of the receivers from the draft.

The funnest one is that David Molk is 6 feet tall outplayed a lot of the same guys Konz faced, but the team wouldn't consider drafting him.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
We should trade him to the rams for a second rounder next year because he is fat and out of shape and wants the top 15 money. I swear these diva receivers.
Share 49ersWebzone