There are 150 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who is Trent Baalke's Mystery Draft Crush?

Originally posted by valrod33:
Its Randle

link?
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Its Randle

link?

The 49ers already have received calls from other teams willing to swap picks. Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2012/04/19/4425576/49ers-gm-goes-with-his-gut-in.html#storylink=cpy
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Its Randle

link?

mmmmm
I just dont think Randle is a first round prospect anymore. I see him as a 2nd rounder but will probably go early.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
~ There is no reason for him to say this.
~ You do not say ever "there is a player we like and will pick at #30."
~ People will assume it's Fleener because of the Harbaugh connection.
~ Making it more difficult to obtain him now. We will have to trade up because people will try to get ahead of us.
~ Never tell anybody. Media, fans, other teams what you will do.

Negatory... the overaction about this quote is pretty amazing. Every team has "one player" in mind with their first pick... it's called Plan A, or "in a perfect draft," if he gets drafted they move on to Plan B. If you wanna believe everything he is saying you gotta add in "we think he will be there when we pick." That takes away Fleener who is being dubbed as the next Tony G..

The notion about this quote having a "trade rape" effect is also bogus, just like in free agency they also assigned values to players in the draft and wont go over that value.
As much as we're hoping it's Stephen Hill or Coby Fleener, what if it's Alshon Jeffery
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Bruce irvin?
Originally posted by SF69ers:
As much as we're hoping it's Stephen Hill or Coby Fleener, what if it's Alshon Jeffery

ill be smh
cant wait!!!!
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:

ill be smh

He wouldn't be my first choice either, but if he was the pick with Fleener and Hill off the board, I'll accept that.
He wouldn't be my first choice either, but if he was the pick with Fleener and Hill off the board, I'll accept that.

i like alshhon a lot actually however i dont think it will be him did we invite him in for a visit?
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:

ill be smh

I can see why dont get me wrong. I am a big SEC/Bama fan so I like to see alot of guys from the conference go in the draft. The guy has lazy written all over him to me though. I could be wrong and hope I am. I dont want to downplay anyone and I would hate for people to do it to me if I were preparing for the draft to be put a label upon.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
~ There is no reason for him to say this.
~ You do not say ever "there is a player we like and will pick at #30."
~ People will assume it's Fleener because of the Harbaugh connection.
~ Making it more difficult to obtain him now. We will have to trade up because people will try to get ahead of us.
~ Never tell anybody. Media, fans, other teams what you will do.
That's assuming that's who HE wants. Just because YOU want him doesn't mean that's who HE is talking about.
This tells me they will not trade up or down from 30:

"We certainly have more than one person (in mind). But there is one in particular that we feel will be there. And if he is, we'll be prepared to make the pick."

I get from this that they have some more preferable prospects that may be taken earlier that they would pick if those drop

"have more than one person (in mind)"

but they will also be very happy with picking another of their options that probably won't get picked

"But there is one in particular that we feel will be there."

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2012/04/19/4425576/49ers-gm-goes-with-his-gut-in.html#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy