LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 330 users in the forums

Who is Trent Baalke's Mystery Draft Crush?

Originally posted by ads_2006:
schwartz? guy from cal?

I'd be stoked! He shut down Nick Perry for as much of the Cal - USC game as I saw and he impressed me about as much as Kalil, who I love.
Originally posted by strickac:
I think Baalke is hoping for Randle, but has Jenkins as a backup plan.

1. AJ Jenkins, WR
2. Amini Silatolu, RG

3. Jarius Wright

I had a feeling about this one. Baalke seems to love guys that play well consistantly through college. Aldon did, despite missing time due to injuries, which is probably the sole reason he didn't get more recognition. Jenkins was a good player even in limited action as an under classman. The key was that he made significant improvement every year.

One year wonders and combine studs (Hill) probably don't hold too much value with our scouting department. We should be happy about that. I was think Alshon Jeffrey would also be ranked pretty high because of his production.

Day two!!!! ...
Originally posted by strickac:
I had a feeling about this one. Baalke seems to love guys that play well consistantly through college. Aldon did, despite missing time due to injuries, which is probably the sole reason he didn't get more recognition. Jenkins was a good player even in limited action as an under classman. The key was that he made significant improvement every year.

One year wonders and combine studs (Hill) probably don't hold too much value with our scouting department. We should be happy about that. I was think Alshon Jeffrey would also be ranked pretty high because of his production.

Day two!!!! ...

wow, great work.
Good call strickac!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by susweel:
Lamar Jenkins

Hey I had the last name correct at least.
Strickac totally called it on page 6.... Great call, dude.

I called LaMichael James as a 1st rounder surprise, turns out he was the 2nd round surprise.

By the way, Drustopo/ninerbuff, do you like apples?

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
fleener and hill will be gone.

Good call there...
Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:
Originally posted by Johnster:
I totally agree that the 49ers 3rd down efficiency sucked (ranked 30th in league) but blaming that on a lack of big RB is like blaming the lack of a 1000 yd receiver on the receivers (see Alex Smith etc.). The problem on our third efficiency was simply a lack of Oline play. Not all third downs are 3 and inches. Most are 3rd and 2-5 yards. A smaller back that can squeeze through small openings or catch a pass in the flat for 1st down converts more 3rd downs than a big hog RB. That is why the Ravens with Ray Rice are among the best in 3rd down conversion...

Dude, Ray Rice is much more of power back than James EVER was. He used to carry the ball 50 times a game at Rutgers. Turbin and Martin are more like Rice ( 200+ lbs ), James just isnt that guy. The line is a huge factor, but we were so bad at short yardage situations last year. In 2011 the Niners were 17 of 35 on third-and-short last year ( 2 yards or less ). If Dixon wasn't auditioning for Dancing with the Stars, we would have won the NFC Champ game. Why do you think the 9ers got Jacobs in the offseason? He's only here for 1 year, its makes zero sense to bring in a 185 lb RB and have two such guys on the roster next year. There is just no way you are going to convince me that James brings a different dimension than what we already have with Hunter. Ive seen too many James games and know exactly what kind of runner he is. We need a big back that can hammer it in there. James just is not that guy in any way shape or form.

Johnster...you nailed it bro. I dont know sh!t! lol
Share 49ersWebzone