There are 229 users in the forums

Who is Trent Baalke's Mystery Draft Crush?

Either way, it's a smart move. Teams at the top of the 2nd could get a little nervous when we pick. Maybe it'll force someone's hand and we'll be able to slide back 5-10 spots and still get a guy we have a 1st round grade on.
Originally posted by strickac:
Either way, it's a smart move. Teams at the top of the 2nd could get a little nervous when we pick. Maybe it'll force someone's hand and we'll be able to slide back 5-10 spots and still get a guy we have a 1st round grade on.

Trading down may not be bad. #30 is so late anyway. If we play our cards right maybe we can get say like #37 or whatever plus an extra 2nd round pick or a high 3rd. That could help us. I don't know that #30 is going to change your franchise. So some extra picks may be the best way.
Ta'amu

He's been rated mid to late 2nd round

He plays a premium position

And because of NFL affirmative action clause, you have to replace a samoan with another samoan ( i think they're both samoan)
One of the guys from 49ers.com asked Mayock during an hour long conference call this question and he seemed stumped. For all we know it's him throwing everyone off... Harbaugh said he was probably being dramatic with you guys and started to laugh. Anyways, Mayock threw out Stephen Hill, Amini Silatolu, Kevin Zeitler... didn't think DL or CB there would be a guy we would be really targeting. I actually agree with him if I had to throw out names it would be one of those three plus Fleener. Fleener could be gone... another guy who I think we like that would be gone is Peter Konz.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 19, 2012 at 7:54 PM ]
Vontaze Burfict.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Chris Givens
Michael Floyd
could baalke have a draft crush on trumaine johnson, a guy who might play corner and safety (eventual goldson replacement ?)
[ Edited by hofer36 on Apr 20, 2012 at 12:57 AM ]
Originally posted by hofer36:
could baalke have a draft crush on trumaine johnson, a guy who might play corner and safety (eventual goldson replacement ?)

Could be but I see us re-signing Goldson. Or at least we'll try... it might be on Goldson's end to not want more than he's worth. Don't see us needing more than 3rd safety at most.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 20, 2012 at 1:01 AM ]
shea mcclellin

• FL9er
  • Veteran
Sources tell me the San Francisco 49ers pick in round one will come down to the highest rated offensive guard or Stephen Hill/WR/Georgia Tech.

-Tony Pauline; SI Draft Insider
Originally posted by FL9er:
Sources tell me the San Francisco 49ers pick in round one will come down to the highest rated offensive guard or Stephen Hill/WR/Georgia Tech.

PLEASE BE HILL PLEASE BE HILL PLEASE BE HILL PLEASE BE HILL PLEASE BE HILL PLEASE BE HILL PLEASE BE HILL PLEASE BE HILL PLEASE BE HILL PLEASE BE HILL PLEASE BE HILL PLEASE BE HILL PLEASE BE HILL PLEASE BE HILL PLEASE BE HILL PLEASE BE HILL PLEASE BE HILL PLEASE BE HILL PLEASE BE HILL PLEASE BE HILL PLEASE BE HILL PLEASE BE HILL PLEASE BE HILL PLEASE BE HILL PLEASE BE HILL PLEASE BE HILL PLEASE BE HILL PLEASE BE HILL PLEASE BE HILL PLEASE BE HILL PLEASE BE HILL PLEASE BE HILL PLEASE BE HILL PLEASE BE HILL PLEASE BE HILL PLEASE BE HILL PLEASE BE HILL PLEASE BE HILL PLEASE BE HILL PLEASE BE HILL PLEASE BE HILL
I really like Stephen Hill. Especially how he look in the combine. But there's still something about the guy that gives me the red flag. If he's that good why can't they throw more balls to him. Is his qb in college that bad... And how will he deal with going against better talent in the NFL. OK, he look good in shorts with no one on him. NFL is more than that. But physically and speed - he has everything we need in a WR.

This makes me want a guard more than ever.
Originally posted by Vasco49er:

This makes me want a guard more than ever.

this. If its hill or a guard ill take the guard. Dont want hill.
Share 49ersWebzone