There are 180 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Amini Silatolu, OG, Midwestern State

Originally posted by irishluder:
Youre very right, BUT, this kid is a mauler and has that nasty streak in him... I love it. Hope we can get him but not at #30

I agree. I have come to accept we will probably take a RG with our first pick. I just hope we can trade down 5-10 spots and take that RG. I like Silatolu but I think he is a little bit of a risky pick and I am not sure he will be ready to start day one.
  • crew
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 18
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by irishluder:
Youre very right, BUT, this kid is a mauler and has that nasty streak in him... I love it. Hope we can get him but not at #30

I agree. I have come to accept we will probably take a RG with our first pick. I just hope we can trade down 5-10 spots and take that RG. I like Silatolu but I think he is a little bit of a risky pick and I am not sure he will be ready to start day one.

Silatolu is my pick at #30, but have a strong feeling that Ravens are taking him at #29. In which case, where do the Niners go ?
I believe Fleener & Hill will be off the board, perhaps Zeitler as well. If that's the case do you take Janoris Jenkins or trade back into mid 2nd
and choose 2 players out of this group: Brian Quick, Derek Wolfe, Trumaine Johnson, Josh Robinson, Brandon Brooks...
Originally posted by crew:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by irishluder:
Youre very right, BUT, this kid is a mauler and has that nasty streak in him... I love it. Hope we can get him but not at #30

I agree. I have come to accept we will probably take a RG with our first pick. I just hope we can trade down 5-10 spots and take that RG. I like Silatolu but I think he is a little bit of a risky pick and I am not sure he will be ready to start day one.

Silatolu is my pick at #30, but have a strong feeling that Ravens are taking him at #29. In which case, where do the Niners go ?
I believe Fleener & Hill will be off the board, perhaps Zeitler as well. If that's the case do you take Janoris Jenkins or trade back into mid 2nd
and choose 2 players out of this group: Brian Quick, Derek Wolfe, Trumaine Johnson, Josh Robinson, Brandon Brooks...


if wright, Silatolu , Zeitler ,Fleener and hill are off the board, no doubt we will trade back, get 2 2nd round picks
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
no you cant

we can consider ourselves luckily if both make it to 32

5 guards going in the 1st just doesn't happen.

Watch and see.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
5 guards going in the 1st just doesn't happen.

Watch and see.

zeiter may make it

knz is one of the best C i highly doubt it
ravens will take konz if they have the chance

and one of the 2 will definitally be taken by giants who are looking for interior pretection

as are lions ravens bengals(although glenn is there)
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,821
I'm a little worried that Silatolu may take sometime to develop and might not be ready to start.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
zeiter may make it

knz is one of the best C i highly doubt it
ravens will take konz if they have the chance

and one of the 2 will definitally be taken by giants who are looking for interior pretection

as are lions ravens bengals(although glenn is there)

Not buying it.

Konz's value is on the decline, and Zeitgler and the Midwest guy just aren't 1st round prospects. History shows teams don't reach on guards. Maybe I'll end up being wrong but you're not going to find any instances of 5 interior lineman going in the 1st round.
Seems like everyone and their mother is predicting Silatolu to the 49ers... so either it's a massive smokescreen or the team will trade up several spots to get their man a la Anthony Davis.
just went off the boards to Carolina

Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
just went off the boards to Carolina


Can't believe they picked him. Their offensive line has been dominant in the run game for the last few years. Guess it was for depth.