There are 89 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Amini Silatolu, OG, Midwestern State

EIther him or Zeitler in round 1. I wil be happy with either one.
Can't go wrong with Polynesian football players
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
EIther him or Zeitler in round 1. I wil be happy with either one.

This. Would prefer Zeitler because he is a better mauler and an intelligent perfectionist when it comes to technique... who better to pair up Davis on the right side with.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 21,141
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
EIther him or Zeitler in round 1. I wil be happy with either one.


Too soon for Silatolu in the 1st. We can nab him in the 2nd, but we'll probably have to trade up.
Originally posted by valrod33:
f**k it, lets shore up the line

Staley
Iupati
Goodwin
Silatolu
Davis


Killgore or Person will eventually take over for Goodwin

I just came

Follow up the possible 1st round guard with a WR and CB/DE depth = Championship
Surely all of you fvgs can't be serious with this. His name is TOO close to Amirs to draft him. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Logical pick but I kinda want a shiny new toy

What 14 Sacks Doesn't get your rocks off... I just want the oline to be good, hopefully trent will get that done.
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Apr 25, 2012 at 8:29 PM ]
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Logical pick but I kinda want a shiny new toy

What 14 Sacks Doesn't get your rocks off... I just want the oline to be good, hopefully trent will get that done.

I was talking about on offense
A 'mauler' -- One of the most over used, overrated term to describe an offensive lineman. How about giving a solid, consistent line play. Chilo was supposed to be a mauler too. Smart, good efforts, coachable talent is what we need. I think the coaches need to find out more about this guy's mentality and coachability more than his physical traits. Pretty sure he has a lot of that.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
A 'mauler' -- One of the most over used, overrated term to describe an offensive lineman. How about giving a solid, consistent line play. Chilo was supposed to be a mauler too. Smart, good efforts, coachable talent is what we need. I think the coaches need to find out more about this guy's mentality and coachability more than his physical traits. Pretty sure he has a lot of that.


I know what you're trying to say. But Silatolu has 10X better feet and movement than Chilo ever had in college. He played left tackle. I don't think Chilo would stand a chance at tackle even in a division II conference.
Him and Iupati would give us two dancing bears at guard, we could pull and trap and confuse teams in so many ways. I really hope we get this guy.
I've pretty much accepted that the pick will be a right guard.

I'm okay with it, but I think we're overdrafting the position. Guards don't fly off the board like hot cakes and we could easily trade into the 50's for either Zeitler, Konz or this dude, but it is our biggest need so I guess you can't complain.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I've pretty much accepted that the pick will be a right guard.

I'm okay with it, but I think we're overdrafting the position. Guards don't fly off the board like hot cakes and we could easily trade into the 50's for either Zeitler, Konz or this dude, but it is our biggest need so I guess you can't complain.
no you cant

we can consider ourselves luckily if both make it to 32
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I've pretty much accepted that the pick will be a right guard.

I'm okay with it, but I think we're overdrafting the position. Guards don't fly off the board like hot cakes and we could easily trade into the 50's for either Zeitler, Konz or this dude, but it is our biggest need so I guess you can't complain.
no you cant

we can consider ourselves luckily if both make it to 32

This
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
A 'mauler' -- One of the most over used, overrated term to describe an offensive lineman. How about giving a solid, consistent line play. Chilo was supposed to be a mauler too. Smart, good efforts, coachable talent is what we need. I think the coaches need to find out more about this guy's mentality and coachability more than his physical traits. Pretty sure he has a lot of that.

Youre very right, BUT, this kid is a mauler and has that nasty streak in him... I love it. Hope we can get him but not at #30
smoke screen.

Guaranteed, any public interest this team has showed is just to get who we really want.