There are 88 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I'm not falling for the hype!!

Originally posted by SAVAGE49er:
[:)
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by SAVAGE49er:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Ban this thread. OP doesn't know anything about Hill's background.



Sorry officer, I'm more concerend with his future, he could end up being good just wouldnt take him in first round!


If youve never been wrong when it comes to the draft then I'll be convinced.

The thing I like about him is his potential. Sky's the limit IMO. He was already considered a 2nd rounder prior to the combine and just blew it all up during the workouts. Size, speed, and although you say he never produced in college, technically, he's done pretty well with the little opportunity he was given. He's a great run blocker, has a knack for the spectacular catches, and works hard to get yards after the catch. GT is a triple option offense. If he had been playing for a more traditional offense, or even with RG3 @ Baylor, Hill would be a top 15 pick.


What about Jeffreys potential, people say he is fat, out of shape ,undisciplined, a bad guy for getting kicked out of one game, and he still produced like a beast... What could Harbaugh do with him? By the way everyone thought he was 6'4" or
6'5"... because he played big!

If we selected Jeffery, I wouldn't be hopping mad. He produced on a team with questionable performances at the QB position. He also went up against some of the top corners in the nation. His hands are huge, and by losing the weight prior to the combine, it shows that he can work hard if motivated. What scares me a bit is his weight. He played at 230 lbs during the season. He shed the weight to hopefully run faster to impress teams and make more money. What happens once he gets paid and gains the weight back? That worries me.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by SAVAGE49er:
Originally posted by jreff22:
If you don't want college ball and you don't watch specific players, youtube scouting and stat lines wont convince you.

GT runs one of the most boring, run heavy offenses in college ball, the system is not friendly to WR's. But Texas Tech ran one of the most pass friendly systems and Crabtree has turned out lackluster. So what would you of used to convince me he was not worth the 10th pick...he had stats, publicity, awards...was he worth it?

Jeffrey didnt run for a reason, and I'm assuming that was to not embarrass himself or lower his stock.

Neither are 1st round talent IMO, but Hill is the better athlete and was not able to fully showcase his skills in college, not his fault. He is bigger and faster and is already skilled in blocking because of the GT style of ball. We had a major issues with an overall lack of speed last year, you get that again with Jeffery, you don't have that issue with Hill.

I bet Kendall Wright wishes he didnt run the 40...but anyway the 40 is overrated, and the only reason why a lot of us want Hill in the first round is because of that 40

His 40 helps but the #1 request was a big kid. Hill fits the bill in that department. If you actually do research on threads that have been posted in the past you would see the amount of people wanting a big WR.

His 40 time is why you are feverish for him, jr. eff22 .... I read all the threads bigger dont always mean better( insert joke here).
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by SAVAGE49er:
[:)
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by SAVAGE49er:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Ban this thread. OP doesn't know anything about Hill's background.



Sorry officer, I'm more concerend with his future, he could end up being good just wouldnt take him in first round!


If youve never been wrong when it comes to the draft then I'll be convinced.

The thing I like about him is his potential. Sky's the limit IMO. He was already considered a 2nd rounder prior to the combine and just blew it all up during the workouts. Size, speed, and although you say he never produced in college, technically, he's done pretty well with the little opportunity he was given. He's a great run blocker, has a knack for the spectacular catches, and works hard to get yards after the catch. GT is a triple option offense. If he had been playing for a more traditional offense, or even with RG3 @ Baylor, Hill would be a top 15 pick.


What about Jeffreys potential, people say he is fat, out of shape ,undisciplined, a bad guy for getting kicked out of one game, and he still produced like a beast... What could Harbaugh do with him? By the way everyone thought he was 6'4" or
6'5"... because he played big!

If we selected Jeffery, I wouldn't be hopping mad. He produced on a team with questionable performances at the QB position. He also went up against some of the top corners in the nation. His hands are huge, and by losing the weight prior to the combine, it shows that he can work hard if motivated. What scares me a bit is his weight. He played at 230 lbs during the season. He shed the weight to hopefully run faster to impress teams and make more money. What happens once he gets paid and gains the weight back? That worries me.


Too true ,too true.... Its all about the heart and mind, same goes for all prospects
Originally posted by SAVAGE49er:
About Stephen Hill. Just because of measurables, a lot of us want hm?
Not me. I want someone that has actually produced on the field.

Why cant we all agree on someone like that, like oh I dont know Alshon Jeffrey!!

Deep threat , Moss ( hopefully)

Possession guy , Crabtree

Red zone , and 3rd down conversions, ohhh yeah Jeffrey


Come at me!!!

Okay, I watched every Georgia Tech game this year (my college team) and he did produce on the field. He averaged 30 yards a catch and I saw him make some amazing clutch catches over defenders and in double coverage. This really bugs me when people say this about him because most don't take the time to look and see that he comes from a triple option offense and got passed to tops three times a game. With a 30 yard per reception average I'd say he made as much of his opportunities as anyone in the country to showcase his abilities. He is also a tremendous blocker.

Demarious Thomas, who has a similar build in height and weight but isn't quite as fast, and also came from Georgia Tech, came from the exact same offense with very similar numbers and when he came back healthy last season over the last four weeks of the season no receiver in the NFL had more yards then he did in December. Then in the playoffs he burns the Steelers for 200 yards receiving, a team that had not allowed a 100 yard receiver all season, so I suggest you do a little bit more homework before "not believing the hype."
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Mar 16, 2012 at 11:12 AM ]
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by SAVAGE49er:
About Stephen Hill. Just because of measurables, a lot of us want hm?
Not me. I want someone that has actually produced on the field.

Why cant we all agree on someone like that, like oh I dont know Alshon Jeffrey!!

Deep threat , Moss ( hopefully)

Possession guy , Crabtree

Red zone , and 3rd down conversions, ohhh yeah Jeffrey


Come at me!!!

Okay, I watched every Georgia Tech game this year (my college team) and he did produce on the field. He averaged 30 yards a catch and I saw him make some amazing clutch catches over defenders and in double coverage. This really bugs me when people say this about him because most don't take the time to look and see that he comes from a triple option offense and got passed to tops three times a game. With a 30 yard per reception average I'd say he made as much of his opportunities as anyone in the country to showcase his abilities. He is also a tremendous blocker.

Demarious Thomas came from the exact same offense with very similar numbers and when he came back healthy last season over the last four weeks of the season no receiver in the NFL had more yards then he did in December. Then in the playoffs he burns the Steelers for 200 yards receiving, a team that had not allowed a 100 yard receiver all season, so I suggest you do a little bit more homework before "not believing the hype."


Did Jeffrey produce with a crappy QB situation? If Hill was sooo good why not throw to him more, coaches want to win, they wont not throw him the ball because after all " we run the triple option"
Originally posted by SAVAGE49er:
Did Jeffrey produce with a crappy QB situation? If Hill was sooo good why not throw to him more, coaches want to win, they wont not throw him the ball because after all " we run the triple option"

Because the triple option is predicated on the run and those teams don't pass more than 8-10 times a game. Georgia Tech does win as they have been in a bowl game every season with that offense and played in a BCS bowl two years ago. Don't even get me started on Georgia Tech's quarterback situation and how many times Tevin Washington overthrew or underthrew a receiver. In the triple option you run the ball 90-95 percent of the time because your not recruiting a Peyton Manning to be your quarterback but usually the quarterback is one of the best atheletes on the field in that offense. So yes, they didn't throw him the ball because they were in a "triple option offense."

You don't watch alot of college football do you or if you do then you have very basic knowledge of any that involves a triple option attack? Not knocking you for that, but again you should really do your homework on these kinds of subjects before sounding off.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Mar 16, 2012 at 11:28 AM ]
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by SAVAGE49er:
Did Jeffrey produce with a crappy QB situation? If Hill was sooo good why not throw to him more, coaches want to win, they wont not throw him the ball because after all " we run the triple option"

Because the triple option is predicated on the run and those teams don't pass more than 8-10 times a game. Georgia Tech does win as they have been in a bowl game every season with that offense and played in a BCS bowl two years ago. Don't even get me started on Georgia Tech's quarterback situation and how many times Tevin Washington overthrew or underthrew a receiver. In the triple option you run the ball 90-95 percent of the time because your not recruiting a Peyton Manning to be your quarterback but usually the quarterback is one of the best atheletes on the field in that offense. So yes, they didn't throw him the ball because they were in a "triple option offense."

You don't watch alot of college football do you or if you do then you have very basic knowledge of any that involves a triple option attack? Not knocking you for that, but again you should really do your homework on these kinds of subjects before sounding off.



G.T. is your team,stanford was Harbaughs team. Take Harbaughs own words as advice...he said it was hard for him to evaluate his guys and had to rely on others around him for checks and balances. Are you better than Jim ? Or will you take his advice? By the way if u were an expert u wouldnt be on here...people goin nuts because of his "workout" ..thats called hype.
Originally posted by SAVAGE49er:
G.T. is your team,stanford was Harbaughs team. Take Harbaughs own words as advice...he said it was hard for him to evaluate his guys and had to rely on others around him for checks and balances. Are you better than Jim ? Or will you take his advice? By the way if u were an expert u wouldnt be on here...people goin nuts because of his "workout" ..thats called hype.

What are you even talking about? Your taking this debate to a whole different direction. Did I say I was an "expert" or that I knew more than Jim Harbaugh? I educated you on why Stephen Hill's numbers don't apparently match your standards as well as a briefing on the triple option attack then you start making weird connections to Jim Harbaugh somehow. Sorry but I'd say it's time to go ahead and cut this debate short. I don't like talking about apples then somehow end up talking about oranges.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by SAVAGE49er:
G.T. is your team,stanford was Harbaughs team. Take Harbaughs own words as advice...he said it was hard for him to evaluate his guys and had to rely on others around him for checks and balances. Are you better than Jim ? Or will you take his advice? By the way if u were an expert u wouldnt be on here...people goin nuts because of his "workout" ..thats called hype.

What are you even talking about? Your taking this debate to a whole different direction. Did I say I waKs an "expert" or that I knew more than Jim Harbaugh? I educated you on why Stephen Hill's numbers don't apparently match your standards as well as a briefing on the triple option attack then you start making weird connections to Jim Harbaugh somehow. Sorry but I'd say it's time to go ahead and cut this debate short. I don't like talking about apples then somehow end up talking about oranges.

Its called a logical conclusion...Hill is your guy , you have a biased opinion..Harbaugh didnt want his bias for his guys to influence him. Make sense now?

My whole point is I'm not falling in love with Hill in the FIRST round....he may end up being great, more power to him. But you dont know!
keep trying
Originally posted by SAVAGE49er:
Its called a logical conclusion...Hill is your guy , you have a biased opinion..Harbaugh didnt want his bias for his guys to influence him. Make sense now?

My whole point is I'm not falling in love with Hill in the FIRST round....he may end up being great, more power to him. But you dont know!
keep trying

Lol...I'm not biased at all. I'm not going crazy on here and declaring he is a can't miss prospect and I will be undeniably depressed if we do not draft him. My problem is guys undercutting him for what he "could" be based entirely on his college numbers like you did when you started this entire thread. So I provided some insight on reasoning behind that. No, I do not know if he will be great but I do know that just because he played in a run oriented attack, you should not black flag him anymore than you should blackflag your own boy Alshon Jeffery for other "warnings" surrounding him . I would go to bat for ANYBODY in Stephen Hill's situation. It's not just because he is from Georgia Tech. It's only that he is from Georgia Tech that enables me to make arguments on his behalf because of my familiarity with him.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Mar 16, 2012 at 12:29 PM ]
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by SAVAGE49er:
Its called a logical conclusion...Hill is your guy , you have a biased opinion..Harbaugh didnt want his bias for his guys to influence him. Make sense now?

My whole point is I'm not falling in love with Hill in the FIRST round....he may end up being great, more power to him. But you dont know!
keep trying

Lol...I'm not biased at all. I'm not going crazy on here and declaring he is a can't miss prospect and I will be undeniably depressed if we do not draft him. My problem is guys undercutting him for what he "could" be based entirely on his college numbers like you did when you started this entire thread. So I provided some insight on reasoning behind that. No, I do not know if he will be great but I do know that just because he played in a run oriented attack, you should not black flag him anymore than you should blackflag your own boy Alshon Jeffery for other "warnings" surrounding him . I would go to bat for ANYBODY in Stephen Hill's situation. It's not just because he is from Georgia Tech. It's only that he is from Georgia Tech that enables me to make arguments on his behalf because of my familiarity with him.

Well at least you get my argument. I would love to get him in round 2 or 3 ,(I know thats unlikely) . Thats hardly black flagging him.
Savage, -got to give you props, post whore was pretty funny. but really dude, why dont you just create or post in the Alshon Jeffery thread. You are way overrating Jeffery and dont forget he had the best rb in College football IMO the past two years, inflating his numbers as well. Like other folks are telling you, do some homework guy
Originally posted by D-Money:
Savage, -got to give you props, post whore was pretty funny. but really dude, why dont you just create or post in the Alshon Jeffery thread. You are way overrating Jeffery and dont forget he had the best rb in College football IMO the past two years, inflating his numbers as well. Like other folks are telling you, do some homework guy

That thread is played dude, best running back in football?
If you would do some homework you would come across a guy named Trent Richardson!

No credibility. Besides this is more about Hill hype than Jeffrey... I'd take Wright, or Fleener in the first too I like Hill just not buying the first round hype.
[ Edited by SAVAGE49er on Mar 16, 2012 at 3:27 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,134
Savage tell me, are you trying to be convinced about Hill or are you trying to prove people wrong??