LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 310 users in the forums

I'm not falling for the hype!!

About Stephen Hill. Just because of measurables, a lot of us want hm?
Not me. I want someone that has actually produced on the field.

Why cant we all agree on someone like that, like oh I dont know Alshon Jeffrey!!

Deep threat , Moss ( hopefully)

Possession guy , Crabtree

Red zone , and 3rd down conversions, ohhh yeah Jeffrey

Come at me!!!
  • mike
  • Veteran
Kendall wright
I am always skeptical of players with great measureables who didn't produce in college. See: This player.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SAVAGE49er:
About Stephen Hill. Just because of measurables, a lot of us want hm?
Not me. I want someone that has actually produced on the field.

Why cant we all agree on someone like that, like oh I dont know Alshon Jeffrey!!

Deep threat , Moss ( hopefully)

Possession guy , Crabtree

Red zone , and 3rd down conversions, ohhh yeah Jeffrey

Come at me!!!

29 yards per catch is pretty damn good IMO. He can't produce because of his system.
More yards per catch than receptions ...not convinced yet!
Originally posted by mike:
Kendall wright

He would be good too just doubt we could get him, and rather not have to trade up.
Yea listen, I'll grab him in the 2nd round and not think twice but taking him at 30 is ridiculous.
In Baalke I trust. The reality of it is we will probably land someone none of us are talking about. Ala Aldon Smith.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
28 catches for 800+ yards, keep in mind he was in a run heavy offense. Imagine if Hill was in a pass-first offense and had 30 more catches, that's 1,600 yards. But you need to look at more than just measureables and production, its about getting separation at the next level and creating mismatches. Sometimes production doesn't always equal production in the NFL but more so if a payer will fit into your system or complement your existing players and I believe Hill can do just that.
Is it? You thought taking Aldon Smith at #7 was ridiculous , and Crabtree at #10 was a steal! Besides he wont be there at #60. Still not convinced.

Two guys , Calvin Johnson and Demaryus Thomas ( spelling?)., both from the same school with similar measurables, and now both lighting up the NFL, one with Tebow as qb. Now I know this could be coincidence or it could be a program that is now producing top notch receivers for the NFL. the problem is he played in The triple option so we don't know what he can in a more traditional offense. That being said, I'll pass all day on Jeffery at 30 as I've seen what he can do, not impressed, would rather draft Hill (you cant teach speed) who looks like he could be a true #1, while Jefferey is a #2 receiver.

Come at Me. Hahaha. LMAO
Originally posted by Kolohe:
28 catches for 800+ yards, keep in mind he was in a run heavy offense. Imagine if Hill was in a pass-first offense and had 30 more catches, that's 1,600 yards. But you need to look at more than just measureables and production, its about getting separation at the next level and creating mismatches. Sometimes production doesn't always equal production in the NFL but more so if a payer will fit into your system or complement your existing players and I believe Hill can do just that.

Ok as long as we are using our imagination. imagine Alshon Jeffrey playing in the best conference in college football with the best defenses and still producing. Wait thats reality...Imagine him getting coached up and eating right!
Originally posted by D-Money:
Two guys , Calvin Johnson and Demaryus Thomas ( spelling?)., both from the same school with similar measurables, and now both lighting up the NFL, one with Tebow as qb. Now I know this could be coincidence or it could be a program that is now producing top notch receivers for the NFL. the problem is he played in The triple option so we don't know what he can in a more traditional offense. That being said, I'll pass all day on Jeffery at 30 as I've seen what he can do, not impressed, would rather draft Hill (you cant teach speed) who looks like he could be a true #1, while Jefferey is a #2 receiver.

Come at Me. Hahaha. LMAO

Both those guys did more than he did at the same school. He's no
Megatron... Same school argument, Rashaun Woods Dez Bryant Both first rounders, not same quality
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Because his YAC is going to stay the same with more catches...Like I'm sure Ricardo Lockette(highest YAC in NFL) from the seahawks would have 2500 yards if he had 50 or so receptions lol.

In a pass first offense defenses would have covered him more tightly, and his average would have gone down simply from having more short/medium passes. As it is right now, all Hill basically did was streak deep down the field.
Dez Bryant- Justin Blackmon? Yeah
Share 49ersWebzone