There are 212 users in the forums

I'm not falling for the hype!!

Originally posted by SAVAGE49er:
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Savage tell me, are you trying to be convinced about Hill or are you trying to prove people wrong??

I'm trying to show why I'm not falling for the speed hype, show that theres another option, and respond to fellow niner fans.

Does this offend you?

No not at all, but it seems like it offends you when people try to give insight to Hill.

Wanting people to convince you is one thing, but stubbornness and rudeness is another and will get you warned for inciting.

I dont want to get warned , whats wrong with debate? If I was rude look back at the posts, someone was rude to me first. So if we all get warned I guess thats fair.

Also check out Scott Wrights mock at nfl draft countdown, he has Jeffrey going 34 and Hill at 38...

So...its...not...just...me!
Scott Wrights mock is not in the majority. Look at most and they have Hill in the 20s. So it seems it is just you........and Scott Wright.

Ok. This is the kinder gentler savage. Still leary though... Just my opinion

And I respect your opinion. But we are just gonna have to agree to disagree.

Must be a reason so many draft experts have moved him up their board so much and it's not solely based off combine #s.
Jeffery has his day in court on March 29th during his pro day. We will all see if he has just shed a bunch of weight Jenny Craig style or if he has speed, explosiveness, and strength that would push him back into the first round.
manning to hill
If Hill played at Alabama, Florida or St., or anywhere with a passing offense this wouldn't even be a debate.
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Mar 16, 2012 at 8:08 PM ]
Savage tell me, are you trying to be convinced about Hill or are you trying to prove people wrong??

I'm trying to show why I'm not falling for the speed hype, show that theres another option, and respond to fellow niner fans.

Does this offend you?

No not at all, but it seems like it offends you when people try to give insight to Hill.

Wanting people to convince you is one thing, but stubbornness and rudeness is another and will get you warned for inciting.

I dont want to get warned , whats wrong with debate? If I was rude look back at the posts, someone was rude to me first. So if we all get warned I guess thats fair.

Also check out Scott Wrights mock at nfl draft countdown, he has Jeffrey going 34 and Hill at 38...

So...its...not...just...me!
Scott Wrights mock is not in the majority. Look at most and they have Hill in the 20s. So it seems it is just you........and Scott Wright.

Ok. This is the kinder gentler savage. Still leary though... Just m.y opinion

And I respect your opinion. But we are just gonna have to agree to disagree.

Must be a reason so many draft experts have moved him up their board so much and it's not solely based off combine #s.
I think its exactly because of his workout , ala Jason Hill with a few more inches
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
If Hill played at Alabama, Florida or St., or anywhere with a passing offense this wouldn't even be a debate.

If , maybe , hope, faith, and trust...we may never know... Listen I like Hill, just not in the first... I think hes a pretty raw project, I want touchdowns now.( well september but u know what I mean)
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
manning to hill

Oh lawrd lets not open this can of worms... Not sold on Manning either...I know, I know!
Originally posted by jreff22:
If you don't want college ball and you don't watch specific players, youtube scouting and stat lines wont convince you.

GT runs one of the most boring, run heavy offenses in college ball, the system is not friendly to WR's. But Texas Tech ran one of the most pass friendly systems and Crabtree has turned out lackluster. So what would you of used to convince me he was not worth the 10th pick...he had stats, publicity, awards...was he worth it?

Jeffrey didnt run for a reason, and I'm assuming that was to not embarrass himself or lower his stock.

Neither are 1st round talent IMO, but Hill is the better athlete and was not able to fully showcase his skills in college, not his fault. He is bigger and faster and is already skilled in blocking because of the GT style of ball. We had a major issues with an overall lack of speed last year, you get that again with Jeffery, you don't have that issue with Hill.

I bet Kendall Wright wishes he didnt run the 40...but anyway the 40 is overrated, and the only reason why a lot of us want Hill in the first round is because of that 40

His 40 helps but the #1 request was a big kid. Hill fits the bill in that department. If you actually do research on threads that have been posted in the past you would see the amount of people wanting a big WR.

His 40 time is why you are feverish for him, jr. eff22 .... I read all the threads bigger dont always mean better( insert joke here).

No, I specifically created a thread about big WR's for the draft...again do research. I want a kid no shorter then 6'3 who can catch, the speed factor is a bonus.
No, I specifically created a thread about big WR's for the draft...again do research. I want a kid no shorter then 6'3 who can catch, the speed factor is a bonus.

Heaven knows our red zone needs it!
If you don't want college ball and you don't watch specific players, youtube scouting and stat lines wont convince you.

GT runs one of the most boring, run heavy offenses in college ball, the system is not friendly to WR's. But Texas Tech ran one of the most pass friendly systems and Crabtree has turned out lackluster. So what would you of used to convince me he was not worth the 10th pick...he had stats, publicity, awards...was he worth it?

Jeffrey didnt run for a reason, and I'm assuming that was to not embarrass himself or lower his stock.

Neither are 1st round talent IMO, but Hill is the better athlete and was not able to fully showcase his skills in college, not his fault. He is bigger and faster and is already skilled in blocking because of the GT style of ball. We had a major issues with an overall lack of speed last year, you get that again with Jeffery, you don't have that issue with Hill.

I bet Kendall Wright wishes he didnt run the 40...but anyway the 40 is overrated, and the only reason why a lot of us want Hill in the first round is because of that 40

His 40 helps but the #1 request was a big kid. Hill fits the bill in that department. If you actually do research on threads that have been posted in the past you would see the amount of people wanting a big WR.

His 40 time is why you are feverish for him, jr. eff22 .... I read all the threads bigger dont always mean better( insert joke here).

Take it eazy , no inciting... Thats what Kolohe told me... You didnt think Hill would go middle of first round til after his 40

Take it eazy , no inciting... Thats what Kolohe told me... You didnt think Hill would go middle of first round til after his 40

You need to read what I write.

Neither are 1st round talent IMO

Hill is a guy who should be drafted between 36 and 42.

You need to read too.. I said I dont want Hill in the first, so we agree. Whats with the hostility.
If we did take one, I dont think Wright will be there, so I would take Jeffrey. You dont have to be an inch or two taller to be good. Dont get caught up in measurables ...

You need to read too.. I said I dont want Hill in the first, so we agree. Whats with the hostility.
If we did take one, I dont think Wright will be there, so I would take Jeffrey. You dont have to be an inch or two taller to be good. Dont get caught up in measurables ...

Because you are new I will go over "my list" and predictions...

Blackmon-Cleveland
Floyd-Jacksonville
Wright-Cincinnati
Fleener (zone crush)-Houston
2nd round
Jeffery-St. Louis
  • sfout
  • Veteran

Blackmon-Cleveland
Floyd-Jacksonville
Wright-Cincinnati
2nd round
Jeffery-St. Louis

good call on Cinncy randomly drafting Wright Jreff. That cheap b*****d Mike Brown has $60M laying around and hasn't touched a single penny of it, he's let 4 or 5 of his FAs walk and they haven't signed a single one of the 11 visiting FAs. Unless Andre Caldwell is re-signed and gets the #2 opposite Green they need a starting WR badly and Wright could be a smaller compliment to Green.
Originally posted by sfout:

Blackmon-Cleveland
Floyd-Jacksonville
Wright-Cincinnati
2nd round
Jeffery-St. Louis

good call on Cinncy randomly drafting Wright Jreff. That cheap b*****d Mike Brown has $60M laying around and hasn't touched a single penny of it, he's let 4 or 5 of his FAs walk and they haven't signed a single one of the 11 visiting FAs. Unless Andre Caldwell is re-signed and gets the #2 opposite Green they need a starting WR badly and Wright could be a smaller compliment to Green.

Remember they have 2 1st rounders. Green, Wright, and Gresham will be great for Dalton.
Share 49ersWebzone