There are 120 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

OTC's 2012 first round mock

  • teeohh
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,874
Yo otc, if the niners pass on fleener or he isnt there can you list a couple other players you think we would draft
Originally posted by toeshawn:
Yo otc, if the niners pass on fleener or he isnt there can you list a couple other players you think we would draft

C Peter Konz (trade up is possible, too)
OG Kevin Zeitler
DL Kendall Reyes
DL Brandon Thompson
OTC. Have you considered if the Jets would be a sleeper team for Stephen Hill. I think it is really early but if they are actually going to run a wildcat offense with up to 20 snaps than Hill would fit that offense. He would also be good for Sanchez to have another weapon because Holmes is all they have IMO...
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
OTC. Have you considered if the Jets would be a sleeper team for Stephen Hill. I think it is really early but if they are actually going to run a wildcat offense with up to 20 snaps than Hill would fit that offense. He would also be good for Sanchez to have another weapon because Holmes is all they have IMO...

It's a consideration, absolutely. I am actually wavering between the Jets and Chargers picks as the slots for Dontrari Poe and Stephen Hill. I may swap them back and forth a hundred times before draft day.
Any mock that has us taking Fleener has my approval. :)

That said, I'm not entirely sure the Chiefs are in a position to use a top ten pick on a development QB that isn't likely to start anytime soon. I love Tannehill's potential, and I agree with your assessment of their QB situation, but just not sold that he's the guy the Chiefs pull the trigger on at #7. Given Crennel's background and KCs fondness for reaching at 3-4 d-lineman, I think Dontari Poe could be their pick and anchor the middle of their 3-4 defense.

Also not sure Mike Adams is RT material, but overall, very solid mock draft.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Any mock that has us taking Fleener has my approval. :)

That said, I'm not entirely sure the Chiefs are in a position to use a top ten pick on a development QB that isn't likely to start anytime soon. I love Tannehill's potential, and I agree with your assessment of their QB situation, but just not sold that he's the guy the Chiefs pull the trigger on at #7. Given Crennel's background and KCs fondness for reaching at 3-4 d-lineman, I think Dontari Poe could be their pick and anchor the middle of their 3-4 defense.

Also not sure Mike Adams is RT material, but overall, very solid mock draft.

I really think Tannehill might drop to the 2nd.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Any mock that has us taking Fleener has my approval. :)

That said, I'm not entirely sure the Chiefs are in a position to use a top ten pick on a development QB that isn't likely to start anytime soon. I love Tannehill's potential, and I agree with your assessment of their QB situation, but just not sold that he's the guy the Chiefs pull the trigger on at #7. Given Crennel's background and KCs fondness for reaching at 3-4 d-lineman, I think Dontari Poe could be their pick and anchor the middle of their 3-4 defense.

Also not sure Mike Adams is RT material, but overall, very solid mock draft.

I really think Tannehill might drop to the 2nd.

I think with the league being so QB driven, Tannehill will go in the first. Whoever doesn't get Tannehill will fight hard to get Weeden in the 2nd. I see three teams looking at Tannehill in the first - Miami, KC, and Cleveland (at 22).
Updated again.
My 2 cents, OTC:

1.) Can't see the Jags passing on Michael Floyd. They just re-signed Whimper to play RT (he did a fairly decent job by all accounts) and they've already invested a high first on Monroe to play LT (he's actually coming along). They're getting Britton back too who can move inside to guard or play a swing role, so though they need help on the o-line (like most teams), their more desperate need is for a big, play-making WR to help Gabbert....and that's Floyd.

2.) With the Jags likely taking Floyd (again, just MHO), the Bills will likely take Reiff.

3.) If the Jets don't take Barron at safety, the Bengals likely will (they just released Crocker). In the end, I think the Jets take a pass rusher (Ingram) and the Bengals go with Barron.

4.) I'm convinced the Packers will go defense (and in particular, pass rush), and the perfect guy for them in your scenario happens to be another SC Trojan, OLB/DE Nick Perry.

5.) I think you're right in having the Ravens select Konz, but they might actually consider Dont'a Hightower as the successor to Ray Lewis. In the end though Konz will likely there guy....if he isn't though, I believe Konz will be our pick at #30.
  • mike
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,827
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Updated again.

"Kirkpatrick could experience an Amukamara-like fall in this draft with the growing idea that he's more of a"

Even if Kirkpatrick

Even if Gire?
OTC you and Mad Dog should start a service. Great read. Very sensible Thanks
OTC - How come Mark Barron fell out of the 1st? Eveyone says Dallas is in love with him. If not Dallas, maybe Jets or someone else.

Also You mentioned the Broncos signing Tamme but they also signed Joel Dressen. I agree that Fleener is a good fit for the Broncos and they scare me the most to take him. But with the 2 Te's they signed I think they might like a DT or a RB because their RB situation is a carousel of people that get hurt too much.

Good job! Not dogging it. It's just easier to point out the disagreements than the 30 picks that seem right on.
Originally posted by mike:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Updated again.

"Kirkpatrick could experience an Amukamara-like fall in this draft with the growing idea that he's more of a"

Even if Kirkpatrick

Even if Gire?

That is very odd. Apparently the form does not like me using quotes, because in my input field it still shows the whole write-up I did! Fixing this..


Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
My 2 cents, OTC:

1.) Can't see the Jags passing on Michael Floyd. They just re-signed Whimper to play RT (he did a fairly decent job by all accounts) and they've already invested a high first on Monroe to play LT (he's actually coming along). They're getting Britton back too who can move inside to guard or play a swing role, so though they need help on the o-line (like most teams), their more desperate need is for a big, play-making WR to help Gabbert....and that's Floyd.

2.) With the Jags likely taking Floyd (again, just MHO), the Bills will likely take Reiff.

3.) If the Jets don't take Barron at safety, the Bengals likely will (they just released Crocker). In the end, I think the Jets take a pass rusher (Ingram) and the Bengals go with Barron.

4.) I'm convinced the Packers will go defense (and in particular, pass rush), and the perfect guy for them in your scenario happens to be another SC Trojan, OLB/DE Nick Perry.

5.) I think you're right in having the Ravens select Konz, but they might actually consider Dont'a Hightower as the successor to Ray Lewis. In the end though Konz will likely there guy....if he isn't though, I believe Konz will be our pick at #30.

At this point, Ghost, I'm trying to just shake it up a little bit for some picks, and throw out some idea for some possibilities outside the "obvious" ones. I actually originally had Floyd going to Jacksonville, but I thought I'd throw out something a little different this time around.

I wouldn't totally rule out OT (I have family in Florida, and Jacksonville fans will tell you that Whimper was embarrassing. The Chilo Rachal of OT's. It's surprising he was brought back because they think UDFA Cameron Bradfield was better).. But in the end, I'll probably have Floyd going to them. I already had the write-up done, saying, "Jacksonville has a propensity to reach for need (see: Alualu, Gabbert, and many of their other picks in the last seven years), they could use OL, but their desperation for a receiver will likely manifest itself when they take Floyd here."
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
OTC - How come Mark Barron fell out of the 1st? Eveyone says Dallas is in love with him. If not Dallas, maybe Jets or someone else.

Also You mentioned the Broncos signing Tamme but they also signed Joel Dressen. I agree that Fleener is a good fit for the Broncos and they scare me the most to take him. But with the 2 Te's they signed I think they might like a DT or a RB because their RB situation is a carousel of people that get hurt too much.

Good job! Not dogging it. It's just easier to point out the disagreements than the 30 picks that seem right on.

I am having a really hard time seeing teams being serious about Barron and feel he's being used as a smokescreen. The guy was never particularly impressive to me and doesn't strike me as a playmaking safety. He gives me the impression of a strictly in-the-box guy with limited athleticism who played on a great defense in college. He's coming off a double-hernia surgery and although he displays smarts, I think he could slip out of the first.

I will need to dig deeper and sift through the hogwash to see if there is true merit to him being a first rounder, but I hadn't seen quite enough over the past few weeks. Perhaps soon he may move up, but we'll see.
if floyd passes the bills there is a very very good chance wright or hill will fall to us