There are 210 users in the forums

OTC's 2012 first round mock

Originally posted by martysofresh:
Does your Mock change at all now that we have Moss?

The big board is always changing at this time of year. I will update once we've gotten a little time gone by in Free Agency. Give it a week.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by martysofresh:
Does your Mock change at all now that we have Moss?

The big board is always changing at this time of year. I will update once we've gotten a little time gone by in Free Agency. Give it a week.

Ok, sounds goood.
That's fine guys, I'm taking the 6'6" giant with amazing hands, you can have the small short midget all day long cause there's about 50 of those already in the league.
I am beginning to feel that if we cannot trade up for the player we want, we will trade back out of the first round, if possible.

Early in the second, I believe we will target a number of players:

DL (Whoever is the best available - Think Kendall Reyes)
FS Markelle Martin, OKST
OG Kevin Zeitler, Wisconsin

Several WR possibilities too.
I am beginning to feel that if we cannot trade up for the player we want, we will trade back out of the first round, if possible.

FS Markelle Martin, OKST

You still think we take Wright if he's there? What players will have to be off the board for the 9ers to want to trade down? And who will be there that a team will want to trade up?
Originally posted by Jakemall:

FS Markelle Martin, OKST

You still think we take Wright if he's there? What players will have to be off the board for the 9ers to want to trade down? And who will be there that a team will want to trade up?

I do. With Morgan going away, we will still need a receiver. Morgan leaving also opens up and heightens the possibility of us drafting a player like Sanu, Toon, or Criner, but increases the overall probability of grabbing a receiver ten-fold, since Moss is only signed for one year.

FS Markelle Martin, OKST

I do. With Morgan going away, we will still need a receiver. Morgan leaving also opens up and heightens the possibility of us drafting a player like Sanu, Toon, or Criner, but increases the overall probability of grabbing a receiver ten-fold, since Moss is only signed for one year.

I always felt Morgan and Crabtree were similiar players in terms of what they bring to a game. If I were the FO, I'd probably chase another FA like Royal and have him compete with Williams for that 3rd WR spot and then bring in a Power forward type guy that delivers a redzone threat to sit behind Moss. Crabtree does not miss much field time when he's healthy.

FS Markelle Martin, OKST

I always felt Morgan and Crabtree were similiar players in terms of what they bring to a game. If I were the FO, I'd probably chase another FA like Royal and have him compete with Williams for that 3rd WR spot and then bring in a Power forward type guy that delivers a redzone threat to sit behind Moss. Crabtree does not miss much field time when he's healthy.

If I were the FO, I wouldn't waste money on Royal when there are a TON of receivers just like him, but potentially better, that will be cheaper coming from the middle rounds of the draft or even later.

Hilton, Jarius Wright, Wylie, Broyles, Graham, Kashif Moore, Page, Brazill, Keshawn Martin
If I were the FO, I wouldn't waste money on Royal when there are a TON of receivers just like him, but potentially better, that will be cheaper coming from the middle rounds of the draft or even later.

Hilton, Jarius Wright, Wylie, Broyles, Graham, Kashif Moore, Page, Brazill, Keshawn Martin

I kinda figured Royal WOULD be cheap..and a known quantity. That said, I agree..there are a number of prospects that are available in the middle-late rounds that could likely be a similiar player. Hilton and Whylie are a couple that I've heard mentioned several times on these forums.

FS Markelle Martin, OKST

There is a lot of speed and a lot of shifty in that list of mid round WR prospects. As always, the Niners are also looking for guys who can play special teams, too. Royal was a one year wonder as a rookie. I would take any of these options over him.

I kinda figured Royal WOULD be cheap..and a known quantity. That said, I agree..there are a number of prospects that are available in the middle-late rounds that could likely be a similiar player. Hilton and Whylie are a couple that I've heard mentioned several times on these forums.

But now the question is, do you replace Morgan for a Wright when that's already a duplication in skill set..or do you go a different direction?
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

FS Markelle Martin, OKST

There is a lot of speed and a lot of shifty in that list of mid round WR prospects. As always, the Niners are also looking for guys who can play special teams, too. Royal was a one year wonder as a rookie. I would take any of these options over him.

Agreed. I am not a fan of Royal and honestly don't feel he is any better than Ted Ginn overall. I would rather keep Ginn or draft a replacement.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

FS Markelle Martin, OKST

Id choose between Joe Adams, Devon Wylie and T.Y Hilton.
Woo hoo! Kendall Wright paired with Randy Moss. Now when Alex Smith lines up under center and say's "Let it Roll....Let it Roll" he actually might mean it?
Mock has been updated.
Share 49ersWebzone