There are 70 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

OTC's 2012 first round mock

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Travisty13:
I dont see the Giants picking Fleener at #32. They have only 2 CBs on the roster (Prince and Webster) , and CB was their major weakness on their D imo. Ross and Thomas are FA and could find suitors elsewhere. I could even see them going for a Tackle (Beatty and McKenzie need upgraded). Plus they could get a TE later in the draft (Allen, Charles, Green). Jerry Reese is a good GM who's done a pretty solid job of finding decent TEs later in the draft or as FAs (Beckum, Ballard, Bear, Boss). I still think they go for a cornerback/tackle in the 1st.

It depends. TE is a serious need with them. Beckum and Ballard both tore their ACLs in the Super Bowl and will not be able to play early in the season. The only tackle worth a first rounder that might be there is Mike Adams, but is he better at his position that Fleener? My guess is the Giants would say no.

CB isn't totally impossible, but I'm not sure anyone with the right value would be there. All this put together, and Fleener looks like a tremendous possibility there for them.

Yeah I do see what your saying. I agree, there's more than likely not going to be a tackle worth taking there (unless one slides or they target a guy like Zebrie Sanders). But I still think their D needs secondary help (Free Agency could change that of course). I could see them grabbing Dennard (reunited with Prince lol), or Gilmore if he's there. And a guy like Jerel Worthy would fit in nicely on their DLine.

Just my opinion, with Charles sliding, and guys like Peterson, Egnew, Green, and even Hanna available later, I could see Reese waiting to grab a TE later in the draft. He's shown he can find TEs that fit there system easily.
Yeah I do see what your saying. I agree, there's more than likely not going to be a tackle worth taking there (unless one slides or they target a guy like Zebrie Sanders). But I still think their D needs secondary help (Free Agency could change that of course). I could see them grabbing Dennard (reunited with Prince lol), or Gilmore if he's there. And a guy like Jerel Worthy would fit in nicely on their DLine.

Just my opinion, with Charles sliding, and guys like Peterson, Egnew, Green, and even Hanna available later, I could see Reese waiting to grab a TE later in the draft. He's shown he can find TEs that fit there system easily.

I think the Fleener pick was a good one.

I also liked the niners pick. It'd piss off a lot of the guys on the webzone, but D-line depth is CRUCIAL. Ray mac and Smith could use a breather sometimes.
As always, well done on your mock draft OTC, and congrats on being on the front page, well deserved. I would love K. Wright falling to us, but I can also see the 49ers go CB too. Keep up the good work.
If fleener is there when we pick we better '*^'ing take him.
Originally posted by bigwads:

no way rather have wright/hill/floyd( trade up) than hill
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

You mean "rather then Fleener" right?

You mean "rather then Fleener" right?

(if Kendall Wright is gone, Fleener is the BPA for us to take)
Most of Fleener's value to us comes from him already knowing the playbook, right? if JH wasnt his coach at Stanford, we wouldnt even be having this convo at all. So would there be a problem with us taking a reciever in the 1st and getting Ladarius Green or Michael Egnew in the 2nd? This is truly just a question soo dont go biting my head off or anything.
Originally posted by martysofresh:
Most of Fleener's value to us comes from him already knowing the playbook, right? if JH wasnt his coach at Stanford, we wouldnt even be having this convo at all. So would there be a problem with us taking a reciever in the 1st and getting Ladarius Green or Michael Egnew in the 2nd? This is truly just a question soo dont go biting my head off or anything.

Fleener will have more positive impact than any WR or you may want to reference all the TE that changed the way the game is played last year. Further, fleener is a better TE than wright is a WR. You guys are inflating wright because WR is such a huge need.
Fleener will have more positive impact than any WR or you may want to reference all the TE that changed the way the game is played last year. Further, fleener is a better TE than wright is a WR. You guys are inflating wright because WR is such a huge need.

no wright was considered a sure fire top 15 pick before the combine

I understand, but he is still a small midget and slower than...everyone? His measurables are so bad that he drops an entire round.

I understand, but he is still a small midget and slower than...everyone? His measurables are so bad that he drops an entire round.

watch his highlights and he blows by everyone, 40 times doesnt tell the whole story. if teams were smart they wont let him drop to us at 30 after watching film of him i know for a fact baalke isnt passing him up because of a 40
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
watch his highlights and he blows by everyone, 40 times doesnt tell the whole story. if teams were smart they wont let him drop to us at 30 after watching film of him i know for a fact baalke isnt passing him up because of a 40

I know that Fred, but 5'10" 196 lbs running a 4.61? Those are all absolutely horrible. We already have a slow WR in Crabtree. He isn't a first rounder. I'm not dumping him because of his horrible 40, I'm dumping him because of his bad 40 and hes way short and he weighs under 200 lbs.
[ Edited by bigwads on Mar 11, 2012 at 12:47 PM ]
Originally posted by martysofresh:

+1 for wadsy
I know that Fred, but 5'10" 196 lbs running a 4.61? Those are all absolutely horrible. We already have a slow WR in Crabtree. He isn't a first rounder. I'm not dumping him because of his horrible 40, I'm dumping him because of his bad 40 and hes way short and he weighs under 200 lbs.

?

he is fast as hell i dont give a s**t about his 40 and he may be short but he goes up and gets the ball and at 196 he is perfect for his height (see steve smith mike wallace all have similar size weight)

he blew by every1 at gametime that is were speed matters and lol saying he is slow like crabtree
scoutiing reports for wright

Wright is an explosive WR at all levels of the field- Consistently separates from defender and gets good positioning on DB

Accelerates quickly and smoothly, gets to top speed within the first ten yard

Wright's acceleration is a tremendous asset. He has the ability to get to full speed almost instantly.

Speed: Kendall has track-star speed.Any time the Baylor football team did sprints, Kendall was always the top finishers. I've never seen him get caught from behind and he has the wheels to take it for six from anywhere on the field.

meaning hes faster than RG3

Has the speed to simply outrun defenders to the endzone. Has an arsenal of jukes that he uses to get by the first man, and once he's in space he's tough to stop.
A terrific athlete who has world-class speed

Explosive athlete. Great speed and acceleration. Only takes a few steps to get to full speed