There are 206 users in the forums

OTC's 2012 first round mock

I just don't know enough about the Giants TE situation. I know both TE's are hurt, but for how long? And how long are they under contract. Alot of people have the Giants going for Fleener. I understand if we pass him up. I want him on the team but if we do pass him up, why the Giants? Anyone know more about this than I do? Wouldn't that be 4 TE's on their roster and how many contracts? They probably don't make much but would they just give up on Ballard like that...
I can't say I've seen much of Brockers but there's nothing wrong with landing him at 30 just based on the love he is getting from a lot of people. He sound like a Baalke pick!
And that looks like a much more probable landing spot for Poe. Well done
Check back soon, mock will quite obviously be changed very soon.
Originally posted by Baugh_Area:
I can't say I've seen much of Brockers but there's nothing wrong with landing him at 30 just based on the love he is getting from a lot of people. He sound like a Baalke pick!

Brockers left as early as he could. For some reason internet draft whizzes hold that against players ala Aldon Smith. But the tape that is out there shows Brockers was the cornerstone of LSU's D, and his combination of size, length, quickness, use of hands will draw comparisons to Richard Seymour.

Personally I think its between Brockers and Cox as top DT. Although Brockers can also be switched to the 3-4 DE spot.

When looking at OTC's first draft, remember the last time the first DT off the board was at #20 was 1996.

Edit: After the combine though, there is probably a lot of concern over his maturity and conditioning. He gained weight and his numbers were less then impressive.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Mar 10, 2012 at 1:17 AM ]
Mock draft has been updated. Enjoy.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/news/goto.php?id=42831
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Mar 10, 2012 at 1:58 AM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

I like it
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
^^
as of now our WR are

crabtree
KW
hastinfs

thats it morgan and ginn are FA brett swaon is FA

and with that at WR i really dont get why people want fleener when WR is a clear need

its a sad day when you want ted ginn as a WR

Our WR situation will be much clearer by draft time, meaning we would've already signed (or not) Morgan, Ginn and/or another veteran (or two). So yah, if we don't re-sign Morgan or Ginn and for some crazy reason, don't sign another veteran or two by draft time, the choice will be pretty obvious. But I seriously doubt the FO will totally ignore the WR situation and just wait for the draft in late April to make moves in this area.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

I hope you didn't feel like you had to appease the Wright, Hill, Fleener crowd. But this draft shakes out pretty well for the Niners. That's especially true if Kalil, Blackmon and Claiborne go 3, 4, 5.

You know what you're doing, sir! Thanks.
It's a good mock considering it's pre Free Agency. After the first 10 to 15 picks, it's kind of a crap shoot trying to guess the back half of the draft. You can analyze a teams needs but you can't really do the same with each teams GM. Some teams have a complete whack job for a GM and you never know where they are going to go. The Chargers have AJ Smith and he is all over the map. A team like the Bears, OTC has Stephen Hill going there. If they land a guy like Vincent Jackson in Free Agency that can completely change the back half of the draft. That's why its funny when some people call OTC's draft "Garbage," or that it's insane to say we will do defense at all in the first round. You pick players that will fit your team and make it better overall.......that's BPA!

Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by Baugh_Area:

Brockers left as early as he could. For some reason internet draft whizzes hold that against players ala Aldon Smith. But the tape that is out there shows Brockers was the cornerstone of LSU's D, and his combination of size, length, quickness, use of hands will draw comparisons to Richard Seymour.

Personally I think its between Brockers and Cox as top DT. Although Brockers can also be switched to the 3-4 DE spot.

When looking at OTC's first draft, remember the last time the first DT off the board was at #20 was 1996.

Edit: After the combine though, there is probably a lot of concern over his maturity and conditioning. He gained weight and his numbers were less then impressive.

brockers had only 2 sacks in 2 seasons--can he fit in the niners present defense where the ends, justin smith and rtay mcdonald, are looked to rush the passer?
i love the idea of restocking the DL.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
My take........great value pick at #30. Baalke already showed that the defense is still important by re-signing Brooks and Brockers will be a monster.

My take as well... I have doubts that a prospect like Brockers will fall to them at 30 but if he's there, you gotta take him. With guys like McDonald and J Smith mentoring him, he could be an absolute stud in a year or two.
I dont see the Giants picking Fleener at #32. They have only 2 CBs on the roster (Prince and Webster) , and CB was their major weakness on their D imo. Ross and Thomas are FA and could find suitors elsewhere. I could even see them going for a Tackle (Beatty and McKenzie need upgraded). Plus they could get a TE later in the draft (Allen, Charles, Green). Jerry Reese is a good GM who's done a pretty solid job of finding decent TEs later in the draft or as FAs (Beckum, Ballard, Bear, Boss). I still think they go for a cornerback/tackle in the 1st.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
I dont see the Giants picking Fleener at #32. They have only 2 CBs on the roster (Prince and Webster) , and CB was their major weakness on their D imo. Ross and Thomas are FA and could find suitors elsewhere. I could even see them going for a Tackle (Beatty and McKenzie need upgraded). Plus they could get a TE later in the draft (Allen, Charles, Green). Jerry Reese is a good GM who's done a pretty solid job of finding decent TEs later in the draft or as FAs (Beckum, Ballard, Bear, Boss). I still think they go for a cornerback/tackle in the 1st.

It depends. TE is a serious need with them. Beckum and Ballard both tore their ACLs in the Super Bowl and will not be able to play early in the season. The only tackle worth a first rounder that might be there is Mike Adams, but is he better at his position that Fleener? My guess is the Giants would say no.

CB isn't totally impossible, but I'm not sure anyone with the right value would be there. All this put together, and Fleener looks like a tremendous possibility there for them.
Share 49ersWebzone