LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 342 users in the forums

Alshon Jeffery or Michael Floyd, Who's the #2 WR in the draft?

Alshon Jeffery or Michael Floyd, Who's the #2 WR in the draft?

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
alshon jeffery has man titties

just fyi alslon jeffery and floyd will run about same 40 time both have about same speed

and in 5 years? Jeffery work ethic would worry me. I'd take Floyd all day err' day
Floyd is more polished, but I think Jeffery has a higher ceiling. I wouldnt be mad with either. I'd take a chance with Jeffery though. He has better range and would be able to beat most DBs on a jump-ball.

A disciplined, in-shape Jeffery would be a beast. I like his potential.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Kendall Wright. I'm not even sure Jeffery is a first rounder anymore. I think he goes in the second. Floyd is a mess, and I think the off the field issues and lack of commitment to take stop breaking the law is going to bite him in the rear at the combine. I expect interviews to not go well, and his stock to sink. I think he emerges as a pick in the 15-20 range.

He was in college and got drunk so he is a mess? Yea, no. Floyd is who th eNiners should aim for in the draft he's bbetter than everyone on the board at WR besides Blackmon.
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Jeffery because Floyd is a douche who cant stay out of trouble. Plus his lack of interest for the Senior Bowl just made drafting him that much riskier imo. Jeffery has better hands,body control and jumps. I wouldnt be shocked if Jeffery came away much faster than alot of posters think. Id give a slight edge in speed to Jeffery but im pretty biased. Floyd looks fast only because ND plays alot of s**t teams and he has always had a QB who can put the ball in the right places.

USC? Michigan? Michigan State? Stanford? Florida State? ND had one of the toughest schedules this year seeing as how most of the teams had a pretty good record by the end of the year.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
alshon jeffery has man titties

just fyi alslon jeffery and floyd will run about same 40 time both have about same speed

and in 5 years? Jeffery work ethic would worry me. I'd take Floyd all day err' day

And Floyd's off-field issue doesn't worry you?
Floyd proved year in and year out that he is an outstanding player. Yes, his off-the field issues could cause some headache but I prefer him over Jeffery strongly enough to forget about his character for a second or two.
If his character werent a problem, he would have been a top10 if not even a top5 WR, imo.
  • buck
  • Veteran
My ranking of receivers.

1. Justin Blackmon
2A. Michael Floyd
2B. Kendall Wright
3. Mohamed Sanu
4. Brian Quick
5. Alshon Jeffery
hypothetically speaking id rather take jeffery at 30 then give up our number 2 and/or next years number 1 to move up to get floyd
Originally posted by cory4903:
hypothetically speaking id rather take jeffery at 30 then give up our number 2 and/or next years number 1 to move up to get floyd

+1, Jeffery and Desean+ Crabs= Very good WR core. Wishfull thinking but "It could happen"
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Rather have Flloyd but I dont want to give up picks for him

I like Sanu the best. Floyd is a beast but I don't want to give up the type of picks needed for someone who has already had 3 run ins with the law over alcohol. I can understand 1, but 3? Kendall Wright is good, but he's not that tall physical threat we need.
Floyd is the #2, but I like what Jeffery can do in the redzone...if we can get Bowe, Meachum, or Colston we would have solid WR's.
Floyd then Wright
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Just checked out team needs according to WalterFootball and IMO there is no way Floyd falls past the gauntlet of WR hungry teams from 11-19...

11. KC - If the let Bowe walk they'll easily take Floyd. if they re-sign Bowe they are a non-conference target for trading.
12. SEA - Doesn't have a real need but he could be BPA
13. ARZ - Everyone in the world knows they'll either be taking a lineman or receiver. I bet they can find a good OL in FA or in round 2. Floyd WILL be picked here IMO.
14. DAL - No need so if he somehow got past ARZ we have to move on him here.
15. PHI - Desean will likely be on the way out and Steve Smith is a FA as well. WR is a big need.If Floyd is off the board I'm worried about Kendall Wright or Jeffery being taken at every pick past this point.
16. NYJ - They'll likely just be replacing Plax but you never know if they cut ties with Holmes.
17. OAK - Denarius Moore was a complete steal and DHB is the same enigma as Crabs. Just another likely option.
18. SAN - Quick name every WR on SD besides Malcom Floyd? I can't. With VJAX gone Rivers will get destroyed.
19. CHI - I think the Bears have the same problem as us. A bunch of #2 and #3 receivers all over the field.

I'd be legitimately worried that Blackmon will go top5, Floyd top 10-15 and then Wright or Jeffery by pick 20. Then will have to wait and see if Sanu, Wright, or Jeffery falls to us.

We'd probably have to trade with KC to get our hands on Floyd. After that every pick in the teens is a complete gamble.
[ Edited by sfout on Jan 26, 2012 at 5:47 PM ]
  • dj43
Just for grins I checked the NFL draft value chart. Here is what I found:

49ers 1st rd pick #30 is worth 620 points.

If the 49ers want to move to #15 for Floyd, or someone else, that position is worth 1050 points.

So the 49ers would need to trade their #1 this year (620), and their #2, worth 284 points, PLUS their #2 next year (future picks are depreciated) in order to move to #15. IOW, they would have to give 3 picks to get one guy. I like Floyd but that is a lot to give up. Best we could hope for is that he drops to #20 or so. I doubt it.

I agree with someone above that there is likely to be a run on the top receivers in the teens. It is beginning to look like Sanu or McNutt? is a more likely choice.
[ Edited by dj43 on Jan 26, 2012 at 9:44 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone