There are 237 users in the forums

What would it cost to trade for Blackmon if...

• TX9R
  • Veteran
Blackmon isn't exceptionally big. Or fast. He actually compares to Crabtree coming out of college in almost every way. He isn't going to revolutionize the position. I wouldn't take him in the top 10. I sure as hell wuoldn't trade up to get him from 30.
Sign 1, and draft 1....Stay at 30
This years 1st and second, next years 1st and maybe 3rd.

Oh and your Left Nut.
Originally posted by SFATeflonDon:
This years 1st and second, next years 1st and maybe 3rd.

Oh and your Left Nut.
Rather just sign McNutt
Originally posted by 9erred:
And if Blackmon gets injured or is another can't miss WR who misses, you gave up 3 quality players for one........

I would rather trade the low 1st and pick up a high second and third, then maybe trade a 3rd and 4th for a second. 3 second round picks. A tall WR posession, a Speedy returner and BPA

No, you didn't give up 3 quality players. You would have given up 3 players that also could bust or just be average. Pro Bowl players come from all rounds, and so do players that don't pan out.

People still get so hung up on round and pick #. None of that matters once players get in the NFL - Players like Frank Gore, Terell Owens, and Tom Brady should show that. If Harbaugh was convinced that Blackmon was the answer and going to be a star, I'd have no problem with giving up 3 picks to get him.
6,1,,, with a 33inch vert,, doesn't seem all that physically gifted to me..,,, wingspan is great,, but so is Crabtree's
  • dj43
Originally posted by dhp318:
No thank you, I don't want to be the 2011 Atlanta Falcons.

Julio Jones will be a stud. He was limited by injuries this season. Wait until he is fully healthy for a season before evaluating that trade.
Would rather trade less and get floyd
Too much
Originally posted by RonRon:
6,1,,, with a 33inch vert,, doesn't seem all that physically gifted to me..,,, wingspan is great,, but so is Crabtree's

watch the sports science on first page hes extrelly physically gifted at 6 1 he is the target of a 6 4 WR

BUMP
your pathetic life.
[ Edited by niners4lyfe on Mar 30, 2012 at 11:31 PM ]
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
you're pathetic life.

?
Originally posted by 49ers1fan1982:
?

my bad. I edited my post above.

the op asked what would it take to trade up to take blackmon and i responded "your pathetic life"
Originally posted by TX9R:
Blackmon isn't exceptionally big. Or fast. He actually compares to Crabtree coming out of college in almost every way. He isn't going to revolutionize the position. I wouldn't take him in the top 10. I sure as hell wuoldn't trade up to get him from 30.
Hes way more physically gifted than Crabs, hes a much better route runner, he can stiff arm like T.O. and he has a very deadly first step, with more speed to boot. however, I wouldn't trade up to get him either, my guess is that the Niners would have to give up waaaay to much for just one player.
Share 49ersWebzone