There are 145 users in the forums

What would it cost to trade for Blackmon if...

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
If we sign alex long term and knowing the Redskins need a QB would you trade Kaepernick and 1 st to move up to get this guy?

just throwing ideas around.

Let me think about it and I'll get back to you on this......ummm YES!!!!

Id do it in a heartbeat too but I dont like Kaepernick so I may be a little biased

I guess I'm biased too then, of course I could be wrong about him and there's a good chance he might develop under Harbaugh. But I'm just basing my judgment from what I've seen of him in college.

But shoot, I don't think we have to trade up that far to get a solid WR in Blackmon, why not just trade up for Floyd.

I just want WRs, I just think Blackmon happens to be the best in this draft. Who knows we might even take care of this need via FA but we definitely need the position upgraded going into next year

Exactly, and it showed this past Sunday what its going to take to get us to the next level. I'm just not really excited about any receiver in free agency, I use to be big on Dwayne Bowe but now not enough were I would throw the bank at him.
Drafting WR's in the top 10 in general is something i really don't believe in unless it's a Calvin Johnson type prospect. And even with CJ it took 2/3 years for him to really really hit his stride. Pats in the super bowl with no talent at WR but Welker(not a 1st rounder). Saints have a wr corp of non 1st rounders except Meachum(and he's not the most productive). Packers have no top 10 draftee's in their wr corp. Giants got 3 good wr's all drafted out of the top 20. And on top of that the niners have the proof right in their locker room in Crabtree. Drafted him in the top 10 and just look at all the great/good wr's drafted after him that year. Of course you need Wr talent, but great wr talent can be found all over the draft. There is no need to mortgage your future for a rookie wr. I do like Blackmon, but I just wouldn't trade up for him or any of these wr's.
Originally posted by dhp318:
No thank you, I don't want to be the 2011 Atlanta Falcons.

LOL, we dont have Matt Ryan as our QB so you dont have to worry about that

not too mention we actually have a defense
If we sign alex long term and knowing the Redskins need a QB would you trade Kaepernick and 1 st to move up to get this guy?

LoL it would take more than #30 and CK7 to move up to #6 would have to give our 2nd rd also . CK is worth like 3rd-5th now
I think Blackmon will be a beast in the NFL but the price will be too high. Even if we resign the majority of our vets. I'd only give up a future 1st if we were trading up to get Luck.
the first 5 picks went something like this
Colts- Luck
Rams-Kalil
Vikings- Claiborne
Browns-RGIII
Bucs-RIchardson

Redskins on the clock at 6.
would you even trade up that far to get him?

I only want us to draft guys 6'4" or taller

Originally posted by vrabbit:
Colts- Luck
Rams-Kalil
Vikings- Claiborne
Browns-RGIII
Bucs-RIchardson

In another thread I said I wanted blackmon but said we wouldnt be able to draft him without trading up, so if we cant have him I want a big guy
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Colts- Luck
Rams-Kalil
Vikings- Claiborne
Browns-RGIII
Bucs-RIchardson

In another thread I said I wanted blackmon but said we wouldnt be able to draft him without trading up, so if we cant have him I want a big guy

I would love Blackmon, but I don't want to trade a s**tload of picks to get him. Stay where we're at, draft Sanu in the 1st, then draft another receiver in the 3rd/4th like Stephen Hill (although I think he may be gone by then).
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I would love Blackmon, but I don't want to trade a s**tload of picks to get him. Stay where we're at, draft Sanu in the 1st, then draft another receiver in the 3rd/4th like Stephen Hill (although I think he may be gone by then).

agree

Originally posted by Fricker:

LoL it would take more than #30 and CK7 to move up to #6 would have to give our 2nd rd also . CK is worth like 3rd-5th now
i like kap but if harbaugh doesnt c him as the future then we should "kevin kolb" him. Talk him up and trade him to some sucker who buys in haha...dumba** cardinals

GB is likely to use the franchise tag on Finely, which means the either re-sign Flynn or let him walk. He knows he is worth as much as Kolb was to AZ last year, and GB wont be able to pay him that kind of $$$. One would expect Washington to make a huge offer to him in FA. If the Skins cant or dont sign him for some oddball reason (Raiders paying him more, GB putting the transistion tag on him), I would guess they would try to move up in the draft for RG3, someone who may or may not win for them, but would put people in the stands.

I like Blackmon, but he isnt the next Megatron, and one would think we could find better WR value later in the first round without trading away this and next years draft.
This thread should be renamed to "what would it cost to trade up for Michael Floyd"

I hear the Jets are very interested in trading down bc of their many needs. That would put us infront of the chargers, the bears, and the titans. So if the eagles dont take floyd, bc they are probably the first one to make a move for him, then lets do it.

Blackmon would cost too much
Originally posted by frozen49er:
GB is likely to use the franchise tag on Finely, which means the either re-sign Flynn or let him walk. He knows he is worth as much as Kolb was to AZ last year, and GB wont be able to pay him that kind of $$$. One would expect Washington to make a huge offer to him in FA. If the Skins cant or dont sign him for some oddball reason (Raiders paying him more, GB putting the transistion tag on him), I would guess they would try to move up in the draft for RG3, someone who may or may not win for them, but would put people in the stands.

I like Blackmon, but he isnt the next Megatron, and one would think we could find better WR value later in the first round without trading away this and next years draft.
Offtopic:
1.Since when is Flynn worth the same amount like Kolb last year? At least, Kolb played SEVERAL games from the start, Flynn about 2 (one of them was absolutely meaningless), iirc.
2.Due to Shanahans love for athletic QBs, I dont see HIM going for Flynn. The only thing Flynn has is "experience" in a WCO. Then again, there is a Snyder who has too much money.
3.I think that the Raiders won't go for Flynn unless they hire Winston Moss (and Clements)...McKenzie on its own is not enough, imo (even if there is a Pioli who took Cassel to KC). McKenzie seems to hire a defensive-minded HC, thus to me it sounds like he will keep Palmer (as starter) and perhaps Campbell will be brought back.

If I am right, Flynn won't get so much money (let's say, he won't try to), i.e. there will be more teams out there to get him than the Skins want. THAT MEANS, a Kaep-trade wouldnt be impossible, especially when we think about his height, athleticism and that little bit of WCO-experience he has.
Switiching first-rounders (not very probable) or getting 2012 (and 2013) 2nd-rounder could be dealable, from my point of stance.
Blackmon is a fkn BEAST.

Would love to have him here, but we'd have to give up a s**t load like ATL gave the Browns.
Share 49ersWebzone